Who's stoked to watch Paul Richardson this season?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I like the idea of having Richardson and Lockett on the field at the same time with Baldwin (plus a healthy Graham, fingers crossed) but he has proven to be injury-prone.

At this point I would be happy if Richardson can stay healthy until Graham can get back and contribute.

They don't NEED to draft a WR this year, but if Richardson gets hurt again then WR joins the shortlist of positions to be addressed in the 2017 draft.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1rytxtvv said:
I've just got a bad feeling that he's done.
That's just another reason to be happy about Lockett.

It gives Richardson the 2016 season to try to get things right and stay healthy without us NEEDING to sign/draft a guy in case he can't stay healthy.

I, too tend to give up on players who can't stay healthy (being injury-prone is a real thing) but the Hawks at least are not depending on him to carry a big receiving load this year (it would just be a nice bonus).

Largent80

Reaction score
He certainly deserves a full season. The game creates injuries, and he has kinda been snake bit. Kinda like Chad Brown was toward the end of his stay here.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Excited about the previews and possibilities. The big 'if' is him making it though a season with those Percy-noodle rollers.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Its arguable that this will be PRich's make or break season.

- He still is cost controlled for two years perhaps 3 but I do not understand what counts as an accrued season for players put on IR.

- Seattle has kept around more expensive injury plagued players like Carp and Okung perhaps out of necessity.

- Richardson isnt a malcontent like Harvin. By all accounts he is working his way back and along with Lockett and Kevin Smith seems to be glued to Russell Wilson every other week.

PRich as a player and what he has showed before the Play-Off injury looked like he was building excellent chemistry with Wilson and found a niche as a chain-mover and despite his size was a scrappy downfield blocker.

If Lockett is a slightly diminutive adrenalized Doug Baldwin.

Paul Richardson is a slightly dimunitive adrenalized Jermaine Kearse at least in the short to intermediate passing game. We havent seen much deep ball ability from him at this point.

But what I love is that there isnt a great deal pressure on Richardson to over exert himself or be exposed to injury via high snap counts.

So if the top 3 WRs stay healthy, Richardson can work his way back with limited reps which will in turn keep him healthy and on the field.

What I love the most though of what Richardson brings is:

-that he was stellar in the scramble drills again his developing chemistry with Russ was extremely positive in 2014.

-that he has a pretty solid catch radius for his size (see dj hackett) and some of the best catching coordination ive seen. Which is saying something on this team. He makes catching Wilson darts look simple and easy.

- While he is not a pinball of agility, his athleticism and accelleration is very smoothm and direct that it looks easy. Its going to be awesome to have another player that will consistently command the DB to give up 5-10 yards of immediate cushion of the ball along with Lockett.

Basically, the Seahawks WRs potential could be:

Baldwin: elite short wr
Richardson: elite intermediate wr potential
Lockett: elite deep wr potential
Kearse: jack of all trades wr

If you can get Graham and/or Willson and/or other to dominate the middle of the field the Seahawks passing game potential could be unstoppable and highly effective in attacking all areas of the field.

Tical21

Reaction score
I really like him but it is pretty hard for me to envision him with a big enough role to make a huge impact unless there are injuries or he somehow flat-out steals Kearse's job, which I just can't see.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If you watched the guy at Colorado - he was their whole offense.

Everyone knew it and they still couldn't stop him.

The Seahawks HAD to take that kind of a chance, even with the durability concerns.

Considering how well $16 worked out, we aren't stuck if he doesn't. But he is absolutely going to be a huge bonus if he does.

Cartire

Reaction score
Ive learned to not get my hope's up on anyone in particular (especially people coming off injury) and just be pleasantly surprised when things turn out good.

Zorn76

Reaction score
It's make or break for him, period.

I like the kid, and he's got some upside, but he HAS to stay healthy for a full season - and contribute noticeably - before anybody can even begin to think he's turned the corner for the better.

As it is, Baldwin, Kearse, and star-in-the-making Lockett are going to get the majority of the snaps this year. They've earned it, so PR needs to maximize any and all opportunities given.

Davidess

Reaction score
I feel stoked when he makes it to the BYE and hes only missed a game or two. I am giving him a couple game cushion considering his history.

I dig the videos hes been in this offseason but that doesn't replicate a hard tackle or aggressive personal foul penalty. I am holding my breath on how he does. At this point thus far just like im sure many are. I am wishing we took Allen Robinson haha. hindsight is 20/20 though.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hard to get excited for a guy that can't stay on the field.

Hopeful but not excited.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It is legitimate to suspect he will have a leg injury again.

Which is too bad, he gives our 4 wide look a fearsome edge. And has polish Lockette will never have.

Davidess

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3u9rvdnx said:
It is legitimate to suspect he will have a leg injury again.

Which is too bad, he gives our 4 wide look a fearsome edge. And has polish Lockette will never have.

I don't even think Ricardo is going to play anymore. Least that's whats been suspected. His neck injury was pretty bad.

Ozzy

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":185wst34 said:
fridayfrenzy":185wst34 said:
I believe he will outperform Tyler Lockett this year.
:shock:
I don't think it's possible but if it happens I would love it. Lockett is a stud so if you're prediction comes to fruition it means Richardson blows up, doesn't mean lockett slumps or regresses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Lockett will not regress.

Sent from my laptop computer, after typing it out using a real keyboard, while looking at it on my monitor, and viewing the site in full web view, as it was painstakingly prepared by an over-worked computer geek, with little extra time on his hands to do so, and without using Crapatalk, that makes the site brown and red instead of blue and green as was intended.

:thcoffee:

:mrgreen: