Who's stoked to watch Paul Richardson this season?

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I am really looking forward to seeing him out on the field again. He really helped the offense late in '14 and when he went down I knew it would come back to bite us later in the playoffs. He would have been nice to have in SB49. He had a very similar role to the one Lockett plays so well now. With him in the mix offense should be really fun. Should be.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1lycx336 said:
Wilson's ability has only begun to be tapped. He can, and will, lead a QB centric offense, like Brady, to a SB victory. I feel much more confident in saying that than calling Willson an inline blocker or predicting Cottam is going to amount to anything.

Why though? I honestly think that's the big kicker...that the NFL's biggest worship position has something to prove rather than being about a tried and true winning formula. I agree that Wilson isn't done improving his game, but I also know that PC in on record just weeks ago stating that their emphasis on running the football isn't going anywhere. The two aren't mutually exclusive. The idea is to be more efficient at both, much like how some of our players stated that it was more execution of the offense in the latter part of the year than big changes.

And if Cottom works out, he allows us to consolidate FB and 3rd TE, freeing up an extra gameday spot. That's highly, highly valuable. The kid is a heck of an athlete to boot. Getting to know and hanging out with the projected starting RB doesn't hurt.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/la_praim/status/717080823938179072[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
With regards to myths about injuries and players at fault, clearly some are not comprehending all of the game.

As a fan, I am all in with Russell Wilson. But, Russell Wilson is not flawless. He does make mistakes. And, the population of folks wearing blinders that insist on blaming linemen and receivers and any other useful target when things don't work out is mind numbing.

The subject of this thread is a case in point. The quarterback and receiver outcomes are linked together. As I recall, each of the injuries to Richardson's knee at both the college level and as a Seahawk resulted in part because a quarterback delivered an under thrown ball. A receiver slowing down for a pass to catch up with him gives a defender time to catch up and run up on the back of his legs. That is what we witnessed with the Russell Wilson to Paul Richardson injury in 2014. Last year Tyler Lockett was asked what he would like Russell Wilson to do for him. Tyler's sole request of Wilson was "never under throw me".

News Flash: Russell Wilson is not perfect. He sometimes puts receivers at risk by under throwing the ball, throwing the ball off line, getting the ball on it's way late, leading receivers into big collisions and other regrettable actions. Some may prefer to ware blinders when it comes to their hero worship. But, others insist on watching with the minds eye wide open. Indeed, it is often the differences in what each of us are willing to acknowledge that divide us.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Indeed. There isn't a question about whether Wilson is our guy, hopefully for years to come, but the Seahawks can't be about him per se. That's not to say that he wasn't the final piece to get us over the top and get that ring, but it still can't be all about RW.

Cartire

Reaction score
It's been a great ride for 4 quick years. It sucks how fast that goes. This team has a lot to give still, but from here on out, this is all gravy. Most fan bases can only dream of the stretch we had. Honestly. Be grateful for the past and be happy for whatever you receive.

Jesus Christ, what the hell am I talking about. Washington, Right?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Jville":3qd9zz0i said:
With regards to myths about injuries and players at fault, clearly some are not comprehending all of the game.

As a fan, I am all in with Russell Wilson. But, Russell Wilson is not flawless. He does make mistakes. And, the population of folks wearing blinders that insist on blaming linemen and receivers and any other useful target when things don't work out is mind numbing.

The subject of this thread is a case in point. The quarterback and receiver outcomes are linked together. As I recall, each of the injuries to Richardson's knee at both the college level and as a Seahawk resulted in part because a quarterback delivered an under thrown ball. A receiver slowing down for a pass to catch up with him gives a defender time to catch up and run up on the back of his legs. That is what we witnessed with the Russell Wilson to Paul Richardson injury in 2014. Last year Tyler Lockett was asked what he would like Russell Wilson to do for him. Tyler's sole request of Wilson was "never under throw me".

News Flash: Russell Wilson is not perfect. He sometimes puts receivers at risk by under throwing the ball, throwing the ball off line, getting the ball on it's way late, leading receivers into big collisions and other regrettable actions. Some may prefer to ware blinders when it comes to their hero worship. But, others insist on watching with the minds eye wide open. Indeed, it is often the differences in what each of us are willing to acknowledge that divide us.
Yes, yes, you are all seeing while the rest of us are completely blind. Or maybe some of us would prefer not to overstate the obvious, or chase chicken-vs-egg analogies.
Rather than using a balanced approach, you opt to drop a boulder on the seesaw. Sure, underthowing a WR puts them at more risk. There are also durable and less-durable players. More than one factor has an influence.
The way you have resorted to berating others leads me to believe you are quite the P-Rich fan and there is really nothlng wrong with that; however, laying all of the blame at RW's feet is exceedingly ridiculous.

Sent from my SC-04F using Tapatalk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":s518zfwn said:
Scottemojo":s518zfwn said:
Wilson's ability has only begun to be tapped. He can, and will, lead a QB centric offense, like Brady, to a SB victory. I feel much more confident in saying that than calling Willson an inline blocker or predicting Cottam is going to amount to anything.

Why though? I honestly think that's the big kicker...that the NFL's biggest worship position has something to prove rather than being about a tried and true winning formula. I agree that Wilson isn't done improving his game, but I also know that PC in on record just weeks ago stating that their emphasis on running the football isn't going anywhere. The two aren't mutually exclusive. The idea is to be more efficient at both, much like how some of our players stated that it was more execution of the offense in the latter part of the year than big changes.

And if Cottom works out, he allows us to consolidate FB and 3rd TE, freeing up an extra gameday spot. That's highly, highly valuable. The kid is a heck of an athlete to boot. Getting to know and hanging out with the projected starting RB doesn't hurt.

Is that a Beast Mode logo?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":rp8ogeoh said:
vin.couve12":rp8ogeoh said:
Scottemojo":rp8ogeoh said:

Is that a Beast Mode logo?
Yep. Marshawn sent him a bunch of stuff and I think he replied to "Big Bro" on twitter saying thanks.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
Paul Richardson is going to find it hard to get snaps, with Baldwin, Kearse, and Lockett ahead of him, but looking forward to seeing him here and there this season.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
haroldseattle":24utr6cr said:
Paul Richardson is going to find it hard to get snaps, with Baldwin, Kearse, and Lockett ahead of him, but looking forward to seeing him here and there this season.

Ricardo Lockette got snaps. P-Rich will get his and if he picks up where he left off he will get plenty.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I am hopeful but skeptical. He doesn't look to have good game speed to me. Has good hands but doesn't achieve separation. Is fragile.

Again, hopeful that he will do well, would like nothing more than to be proven wrong. Haven't liked what I've seen so far except for his hands. He's made some good catches in traffic but I'd rather see him use his speed to achieve separation so he doesn't have to make such difficult catches.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Golden Tate was pretty meh until the 2012 season and a lot of fans wouldn't have been surprised if he didn't make it through final cut downs. Many of us were way more excited for Stephen Williams during the pre-season.

Year 3 is the money year for a WR. I'm excited to see if he can make it work.

Cartire

Reaction score
Basis4day":3grf24mb said:
Golden Tate was pretty meh until the 2012 season and a lot of fans wouldn't have been surprised if he didn't make it through final cut downs. Many of us were way more excited for Stephen Williams during the pre-season.

Year 3 is the money year for a WR. I'm excited to see if he can make it work.

Golden Tate wasnt sidelines for a full year either. He had a few small scuffs, but he was out there. And he got better every single year. Experience is a thing. Paul lacks it right now. Not his fault.

Or maybe...