Who's heading to Minnesota?

randomation

Reaction score
Tickets are dirt cheap but make sure to dress right. You need a wicking layer underneath everything it's going to be pretty dang cold around -20 with windchill. There is a reason tickets are cheap.

https://www.uaf.edu/draw/outdoor-advent ... nche-quiz/ is a good place to start you are going to need multiple layers this is going to be one of the coldest games in the history of the nfl.

SkolVikes

Reaction score
Technically I live in fargo north dakota which is across a river from moorhead minnesota. So I guess I will be headed to minnesota since I will be at the game.

SkolVikes

Reaction score
If you want to sit in rows 1-5 behind the visitors bench you will still have to pay Atleast 200$ per ticket. As for places to stay check downtown hotels, also check for free shuttles from hotel to the stadium.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm still looking to team up on a pair of tickets. I've got my eye on some FRONT ROW visitor side.

They are cheaper than mentioned in the above post.

253hawk

Reaction score
Be sure to take advantage of this...and don't let them spit in your coffee.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattvensel/status/685147773797203968[/tweet]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hand warmers in your gloves and back pockets. Toe warmers. Good clothes, covering tour head and face.

Try this too. At you local drug store, pick up a back warmer made from the same stuff as hand warmers. They attach around the waist. And are pretty damn toasty.

SkolVikes

Reaction score
pmedic920":78mg6hbw said:
I'm still looking to team up on a pair of tickets. I've got my eye on some FRONT ROW visitor side.

They are cheaper than mentioned in the above post.
I was saying if you wanna sit behind the visitors bench, that would be between the 30s.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but the U of M is going to open Mariucci Arena (home of the Gophers' hockey team) pregame and during the game in case anyone needs to warm up. Great idea. By the way, even though it's a hockey arena, it's heated (call me Captain Obvious if you want).

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2ticx834 said:
Listen guys, get a face mask like Sherm wears, with the muffler you can breathe through. The face, eyes, toes and fingers have to be protected at all costs. Get those hand warmer packets for the boots and gloves (or put in your jacket pockets and keep your hands there), but don't ignite them until you get to the stadium. Look, I've lived in this crap all my life and I know it can be damn dangerous and I don't want to see any of you getting frost bitten and losing some toes or fingers or at the very least being so distracted by the cold that you don't enjoy the game. Be safe and Go Hawks!!!

This is no joke ... i have been an avid skiier/snowboarder my whole life and have been in terrible conditions. High Rocky Mtn terrain with bitter wind and cold where you don't want any skin exposed if you can manage it ...

Minneapolis is colder when it drops below zero.

Should be a great game, wish i could go, Minneapolis is a nice city. Been many times.

randomation

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":29abf9m7 said:
Siouxhawk":29abf9m7 said:
Listen guys, get a face mask like Sherm wears, with the muffler you can breathe through. The face, eyes, toes and fingers have to be protected at all costs. Get those hand warmer packets for the boots and gloves (or put in your jacket pockets and keep your hands there), but don't ignite them until you get to the stadium. Look, I've lived in this crap all my life and I know it can be damn dangerous and I don't want to see any of you getting frost bitten and losing some toes or fingers or at the very least being so distracted by the cold that you don't enjoy the game. Be safe and Go Hawks!!!

This is no joke ... i have been an avid skiier/snowboarder my whole life and have been in terrible conditions. High Rocky Mtn terrain with bitter wind and cold where you don't want any skin exposed if you can manage it ...

Should be a great game, wish i could go, Minneapolis is a nice city. Been many times.

I'm tempted to bring some ski goggles honestly.

Rainmaker

Reaction score
Born in Minnesota but lived in Seattle for 30+ years. I'll be going solo (section 212) but expect to see lots of blue and green among the purple.

As noted, wear your balaclava and hat to protect the head/face and then multiple layers for the body. This type of cold is nasty and if you don't dress for it the day can become miserable quick. Leave nothing exposed.

Depending on where you're staying take the blue or green METRO line to/from the stadium. The Blue line also makes a stop at both terminals 1 & 2 at MSP.

See you all there...go Hawks!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Not going to the game but I have been to many CFL playoff games up here in conditions as cold as what those of you going will experience on Sunday so I figured I could give some tips

-Dress in layers. You've probably heard this one already
-Definitely get those little hot pack things for your hands and feet. Your feet are get cold really fast if you don't prepare
-Not sure if this will work with security but take a piece of cardboard, styrofoam to put on the floor and then put your feet on them. Even with the hotpacks, your feet on the cold cement get cold fast. Having a buffer between them and the cold floor is very effective.
-Activate one of those hot packs and tape it to the outside of the shirt that is your inner most layer. This will help keep your core warm. I found that those things last for about 6 hours when activated.

Those are the big ones I can think off. Err on the side of caution and over-dress. Initially you may be warm and think "this isn't so bad". Remember you are going to be fairly stationary for 3 hours. The cold will kick in.

soxhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":11pwxn2o said:
Anybody going solo that has not purchased tickets yet?

I'm still thinking about heading to the game.
I have my eyes on a pair of front row, corner of endzone on Seahawks side of field. Can't buy only one seat. They are 150 plus ticket exchange fees each.

I'm looking for somebody that wants to pair up on these.

Be careful which corner you buy in. There's one corner that gets the brunt of the cold wind. You don't want to be stuck in that corner...

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
If your looking at tickets on stubhub you can find some amazingly cheap seats. For this game I wanted upper deck front row sideline tickets. I wanted an actual seat instead of a metal bench.
If youre still looking look for a ticket, look at section 244 row 1 on stubhub for $103.00. I believe there are 3 seats still left and you would get seat #2, 3 and 4. I was gonna wait but this guy let me buy a single ticket and not all sellers do that.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
randomation":ln0uqwcv said:
marymoorhawk":ln0uqwcv said:
Siouxhawk":ln0uqwcv said:

I'm tempted to bring some ski goggles honestly.

Honest question: would NFL security allow them? If so, its a no brainer IMO.

endzorn

Reaction score
I just ran into BestFightStory at 8th St Grille in Minneapolis. This is going to be a good weekend.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Headed to the 8th st. in a bit.

Just ran into the hawks defense. Meebs, Bennett, and a bunch of others.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2nzx7har said:
Headed to the 8th st. in a bit.

Just ran into the hawks defense. Meebs, Bennett, and a bunch of others.
That's awesome. Where did u see them, at the hotel?

Latest posts