Who in their prime is more clutch?

• Doug Baldwin

Votes: 44 73.3%
  • Tyler Lockett

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Saw this question posted on Reddit, and I gotta admit, it took me a while to decide. So I wanted to post the same question here and see what you guys thought.

So if you take both players in their prime, who's more clutch? Angry Doug, or No-E?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Angry Doug. That guy was a ball hawk. Sometimes he would peel off his route to go “get the ball”.

Ice bowl playoff game, Hawks had to have a 3rd down and Doug goes up and one hands the ball way over his head, over middle of the field, knowing he is going to get hammered. Tough! And Clutch. Straight up “pedestrian” !!!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Baldwin. He had the mentality that he was going to be the man when the game needed him to be. Tyler has great hands, but never really took over games like Doug.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Baldwin was a bit tougher in the painful parts of the field. He would go up and get that RW suey pass. Might have shortened his career a bit. Long ball I give the edge to Lockett. Both were great.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
Or Wilson made them look better than they were?

I think Lockett is slightly better but don’t fault anyone for saying Baldwin. It’s close.

No, I think the last two years in Denver proves Russ did not elevate any of his relievers lol. Whether it be JS or pete or a good scout that is preferred to scout WR is what made Russ good here. I would say this team picked WR and DB great since 2010. I would say we have hit on WR more than any other positions since this staff took over. Hope we still have the person that seeks these guys lol

SonicHawk

Reaction score
All receivers numbers have been inflated in the past five years since Baldwin retired thanks to the league selling its soul to get more casual viewers with rule changes to benefit passing.
In 2015 there were 10 4K yard passers

In 2023 there were….. 10.

GemCity

Reaction score
This is a great question….sheesh.

Flip a coin. If I have to give the edge to one, I’d say Baldwin as well.

There were so many moments where he just made magic happen.

Tyler takes the style points category tho. The one where he landed his pinky toes in the NW corner of the end zone…wish I could remember the game,

It’s still the most amazing catch I’ve ever seen.

OP
OP
12AngryHawks

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
This is a great question….sheesh.

Flip a coin. If I have to give the edge to one, I’d say Baldwin as well.

There were so many moments where he just made magic happen.

Tyler takes the style points category tho. The one where he landed his pinky toes in the NW corner of the end zone…wish I could remember the game,

It’s still the most amazing catch I’ve ever seen.

Ozzy

Reaction score
No, I think the last two years in Denver proves Russ did not elevate any of his relievers lol. Whether it be JS or pete or a good scout that is preferred to scout WR is what made Russ good here. I would say this team picked WR and DB great since 2010. I would say we have hit on WR more than any other positions since this staff took over. Hope we still have the person that seeks these guys lol

So Russ at 35 is the same Russ at 24-31sh? Alright.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Or Wilson made them look better than they were?

I think Lockett is slightly better but don’t fault anyone for saying Baldwin. It’s close.
I looked at their numbers and they are incredibly close in terms of total yards (over 8 seasons) and TD's/yr. Tyler had 2 more 1000 yard seasons than Doug and his catch/target ratios were better than Doug's as well but Doug had that whole ADB thing going on.

Last edited:

seahawks08

Reaction score
Tyler. Doug being angry is fine, but Tyler was a more skilled in his craft player. He wasn’t weak until his injuries. The guy had a serious medical issue to even be considered for the NFL. Doug had the X factor in him and the elevation of his value gets exemplified because he played in a time when Hawks had grit. Fans love appreciating that.

BASF

Reaction score
In 2015 there were 10 4K yard passers

In 2023 there were….. 10.
In 2015 there were four first ballot hall of fame QBs playing. There were two who will be let in their third or fourth try. There was one that will more than likely make it on veteran committee. Also, there were eleven not ten. I am not including Me3 as a hall of famer, because I don't think he makes it, but if he actually does that is eight hall of famers making up the bulk of the eleven.

In 2023 there was Patrick Mahomes as a first ballot. Mathew Stafford probably makes it on his second or third try, but he missed time costing him making the four thousand yard threshold.