Who in their prime is more clutch?

• Doug Baldwin

Votes: 44 73.3%
  • Tyler Lockett

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I’m not sure what I said that was offensive? I just disagree. The criticism of Russ goes way too far in my opinion. You can’t have the success he had, and his numbers and playoff success would make anyone else in history a lock for the HOF and not read a defense or solely be nailed out by Doug Baldwin.

The fact you write Me3 every time you mention him sort of proves my point, I think you’re bias towards him clouds your judgement to the point that almost any success wasn’t because of him.

That’s not personal that’s just my opinion. Likewise you probably think my bias makes me too forgiving of his shortcomings and that’s fine too, I don’t take it personally. I just think the counter point is wild. That’s all.

I have zero desire to ignore you. I like your football takes and even when you disagree it’s well thought out and interesting so not sure what you meant by that either.
Me3 is Russ - He has Team3 in all he does and it is above the team
he plays for.

chris98251

Reaction score
Doug and Tyler two different types of receivers, Dog a physical and more dynamic guy on the field, his ability to get into scramble drill and get open on same page with Wilson very much a bread and butter of that relationship, Lockett more a finesse and technical athletic receiver.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Doug and Tyler two different types of receivers, Dog a physical and more dynamic guy on the field, his ability to get into scramble drill and get open on same page with Wilson very much a bread and butter of that relationship, Lockett more a finesse and technical athletic receiver.
dog

bigcc

Reaction score
I looked at their numbers and they are incredibly close in terms of total yards (over 8 seasons) and TD's/yr. Tyler had 2 more 1000 yard seasons than Doug and his catch/target ratios were better than Doug's as well but Doug had that whole ADB thing going on.
This, but also, and I don't have numbers to prove it, but I have to imagine that seahawks were playing from behind more often with lockett than with Baldwin over the years, which would lead to more easy underneath routes given up along with more routes run as a whole

Would love to be proven wrong though as I'm genuinely curious how their stats line up

BASF

Reaction score
Interesting how no one has brought up that Lockett's numbers seriously increased when DK showed up and started getting the best corner and double teams. Does anyone think that Kearse did the same favor for Baldwin?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Angry Doug. That guy was a ball hawk. Sometimes he would peel off his route to go “get the ball”.

Ice bowl playoff game, Hawks had to have a 3rd down and Doug goes up and one hands the ball way over his head, over middle of the field, knowing he is going to get hammered. Tough! And Clutch. Straight up “pedestrian” !!!

Whomever you think...

The Minnesota playoff catch has to be a top five to ten catch in Seahawks history. It was freaking epic considering all the variables involved.

Good call and thanks for the reminder!!