Who's heading to Minnesota?

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Sound like the Hawks will be well represented--hope everyone has a great time. Sounds like it's going to be really cold. Would love to see someone post pics if possible please...!!!

SFVikeFan

Reaction score
Brave souls here haha ... I live in Oregon but have spent a few years in MN. The temps are going to be brutal, around 0 degrees without windchill.

Good thing is next year we will have a bad ass indoor stadium where you don't have to worry about frostbite. Travel safe, bring lots of layers!

Rob12

Reaction score
Decided against it. With airfare and ticket, I'm looking at $600-700, and that's not including lodging for Saturday and possibly Sunday night.

Way too damn cold, too.

Go Hawks, I'll be yelling from my living room.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Going Friday morning 5 am reaching there, leaving Tuesday early morning back to Seattle. I know it will be cold, but I will have all layered up and ready to go. Worked in North Dakota for a while, its cold but watching a playoff game and meeting friends would be epic.

I saw this on the seahawks website, might go
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/01/05/seahawks-announce-fan-activities-wild-card-game

Saturday, January 9

7 - 10 p.m. Seahawks Fan Gathering, 8th Street Grill, 800 Marquette Avenue, Minneapolis

Join fellow 12s for informal gathering in preparation for Sunday's NFC Wild Card game.

AZHawkfan

Reaction score
Booked the flight and hotel this morning. Now trying to decide where to sit. Thinking lower bowl may be warmer lol. Maybe a little bit of protection from any wind!

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
I got a downtown 4 star hotel on Hotwire for $95 per night(that's for fri-mon) so the price might change for less nights.
It's for the millennium hotel--downtown. There are a few 4 star hotels available. If it says it has laundry--it might be the millennium.
I'm waiting on a game ticket. Looking to get front row in the 200 level.

Vikes45

Reaction score
You guys do whatever you can to keep warm because that is going to be dangerous cold, not just damn cold. And TCF Field is just a temporary home for the Vikes and not really an NFL venue so the concourses are not heated. There will really not be anywhere to warm up even at halftime.

Latest forecast is a high between -5 & 0 air temp and with 20MPH NW winds the true temp will be something like -25.

Frostbite is no joke.

devo2478

Reaction score
Recent transplant to MSP from Seattle so here is some advice for those heading out.

-Anywhere downtown near Target Field/Target Center is good to stay. Lots of bars and good food. Should be plenty of deals on hotwire for downtown hotels this time of year
-If you havent already bought tickets wait until Fri/Sat to do so. There are 12,000 tickets still on stubhub and that number should stay the same. Tickets will be under $40 by game day maybe less.
-Ride the light rail to TCF stadium for the game. Parking is a pain in the area and the train is around $5 for a round trip ticket. There are a couple stations downtown not far from most of the hotels. About a 5-7 block walk
-Bring a blanket or something to sit on at the game as most of the seating is metal bleachers.
-If you are coming in Thurs or leaving Mon, try to get to a Wild game Thurs or Sun night. NHL hockey is a ton of fun and the Xcel is one of the best arenas in North America.
-For those NBA fans, Cleveland is in town to play the Timberwolves Friday night.
-Make a trip to Mall of America. Lots of entertainment options as well as shopping and a fun experience to check off the bucket list
-The biggest sports bar downtown would be the Pourhouse

Vikes45

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":3o3rcl7m said:
I am in sec 203 row 33 very high up yes lots of layers

One thing that is very good for you is you will be facing SE so sun on you and you will be sheltered from the NW wind.

And you'll get a good view of those Adrian Peterson TD's :stirthepot:

Ballz

Reaction score
My wife and I are flying out of Sea-Tac Friday. Sitting in Section 240, Row 1. Was all surprisingly cheap. Can't wait!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Listen guys, get a face mask like Sherm wears, with the muffler you can breathe through. The face, eyes, toes and fingers have to be protected at all costs. Get those hand warmer packets for the boots and gloves (or put in your jacket pockets and keep your hands there), but don't ignite them until you get to the stadium. Look, I've lived in this crap all my life and I know it can be damn dangerous and I don't want to see any of you getting frost bitten and losing some toes or fingers or at the very least being so distracted by the cold that you don't enjoy the game. Be safe and Go Hawks!!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2g2vcvnw said:
Listen guys, get a face mask like Sherm wears, with the muffler you can breathe through. The face, eyes, toes and fingers have to be protected at all costs. Get those hand warmer packets for the boots and gloves (or put in your jacket pockets and keep your hands there), but don't ignite them until you get to the stadium. Look, I've lived in this crap all my life and I know it can be damn dangerous and I don't want to see any of you getting frost bitten and losing some toes or fingers or at the very least being so distracted by the cold that you don't enjoy the game. Be safe and Go Hawks!!!

I would even recommend getting ski goggles. A Balaclava would be a good idea. That is a cover the head mask that is flexible enough to cover your mouth and nose. Home depot or other sporting outlets have them. Layers layers layers. Heck a balaclava over a ear mask would probably be a good idea. Practice with them in the store to see what gives you the best comfort and layers. This is NO JOKE. It is dangerous out there and I have heard of people losing fingers toes and ears.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3s7azlug said:
Siouxhawk":3s7azlug said:

I would even recommend getting ski goggles. A Balaclava would be a good idea. That is a cover the head mask that is flexible enough to cover your mouth and nose. Home depot or other sporting outlets have them. Layers layers layers. Heck a balaclava over a ear mask would probably be a good idea. Practice with them in the store to see what gives you the best comfort and layers. This is NO JOKE. It is dangerous out there and I have heard of people losing fingers toes and ears.
Good call on that. I'll go check one out because that sounds exactly like what will be needed Sunday

pmedic920

Reaction score
Anybody going solo that has not purchased tickets yet?

I'm still thinking about heading to the game.
I have my eyes on a pair of front row, corner of endzone on Seahawks side of field. Can't buy only one seat. They are 150 plus ticket exchange fees each.

I'm looking for somebody that wants to pair up on these.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Seats are ridiculously cheap. You can get in the lower level, behind the Seahawks bench, for less than $100 per ticket. Just looked at Stubhub.

Latest posts