Who ya got

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RussB":8xte35tf said:
I think the saints win it all. Ingram and kamara cant be stopped and brees is still very good. They also have a good defense and lattimore can legit lock down anyone.

Saints vs Pats and saints win.

IDK I think if the Vikings get to play at home twice nobody is doing anything on that D

At home they have let up 100 points this season which is 12.5 ppg.
Taken from this https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/1/2/ ... his-season

Week 1 Allowed 1TD to Saints with about 2 min left in the game and Saints were still behind 10 after it
Week 3 Allowed 2TD to the Bucs after going up 28-3 in the 3rd quarter, the first of which started in MIN territory
Week 4 Allowed 1TD to the Lions after Cook fumbled from his leg breaking in half to end his season so the Lions only had to go 30 yards
Week 6 Allowed 1TD to the Packers because of a fumble at MIN 18...FG was also because of an INT. ALL GB points came off two short fields from turnovers
Week 7 Allowed 1TD to the Ravens as time expired to make it 24-16
Week 11 Allowed opening drive TD to Rams which was the only score they had all game...I believe they were the #1 offense going into that game
Week 15 Allowed 1TD to the Bengals with backups in after Teddy Bridgewater through a INT that ended up at the MIN 23
Week 17- Allowed 0TD to the Bears...they scored on a punt return

Only 8TD allowed by the defense at home...and you could argue...5 of them were just in garbage time when the game was basically won in the Saints, Bucs, Ravens, and Bengals games. 2 other ones were from turnovers from the offense where the other team started inside the MIN 30. The last was Rams long opening drive for a TD.

I think this pretty much sums it up from the article
So, the Vikings’ defense has given up exactly one touchdown per game this year at home. Of those eight touchdown drives:

One covered less than 20 yards (Green Bay)
Two covered less than 30 yards (Detroit, Cincinnati)
One covered less than 50 yards (Tampa Bay)

That means that, of all the drives that Vikings’ opponents started in their own territory during the 2017 regular season at U.S. Bank Stadium, they converted exactly four of them into touchdowns.

Of the four touchdown drives that the Vikings’ defense allowed on drives that teams started in their own territory:

The Saints’ long touchdown drive moved the score from 29-12 to 29-19 with less than two minutes left in the game.
The Buccaneers’ long touchdown drive moved the score from 31-10 to 31-17 on the final play of the third quarter.
The Ravens’ long touchdown drive moved the score from 24-9 to 24-16 on the very last play of the game.
The Rams’ long touchdown drive came on the first drive of the game. (I think this is what statistics folks call an “outlier.”)

Its amazing to me how people sleep on this defense, especially at home.