Who would you rather be since 2002...

nyc-seahawk

Reaction score
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers or the Seahawks?

Bucs were superbowl champions for the 2002 season but have not won a playoff game since and have only played in 2 postseason games since(2005,2007) both losses in the wildcard round. Numerous head coaches and overall irrelevancy.

Seahawks have been saturated with postseason wins and appearances since then (16 total playoff games, 8 wins 8 losses, SOON TO BE 9!!) , giving their fans and city consistent excitement and relevancy with the exception of 02,08,09.

I have read many posts on here implicating that when we win next Sunday they can finally relax and be granted with eternal happiness. I think fans are much better off enjoying the process week to week and not getting caught up in the "if we can just win once, I'll be happy forever"

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This is weird question. Of course I'd rather be the Seahawks. No history of creamsicle jerseys. Not even the neon greens compare to those atrocities.

Erebus

Reaction score
Why is this even a question? All they have on us is one Lombardi trophy, which we're about to get next week. After that, our franchise history (pre- and post-2002) is way better than theirs.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3p96dkoy said:
This is weird question. Of course I'd rather be the Seahawks. No history of creamsicle jerseys. Not even the neon greens compare to those atrocities.

Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_logo_old.svg

I love the creamsicle jerseys AND the original logo. Vibrant colors and very original.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3dge7mke said:
Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_logo_old.svg

I love the creamsicle jerseys AND the original logo. Vibrant colors and very original.
Foppish pirates FTW!!! Such a chickensh!t move to ditch that classic...

Ahem. On topic. I guess this thread is really all about the value of a Lombardi, right? If we get ours on Sunday, then all doubt will be removed as to where the Hawks stand vs. the Bucs. (And the Saints too, for that matter.)

I'd say right now, I'd rather be us than the Bucs, but I can see the case that their 1-0 is better than our 0-1. Even if Pey-Pey gets us on Sunday, just by getting here a second time, we've elevated ourselves past the San Diegos and the Atlantas and the Carolinas of the world.