Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

uncle fester

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":2of02yqk said:
uncle fester":2of02yqk said:
Years of the Seahawks defense being known as soft and suddenly Browner was flattening people, Sherm was picking them off, Kam had everyone flat-out scared to venture downfield and Earl shut down everything in the air over fifteen yards.

It was all an absolute joy to watch. Rules were even changed in reaction to the power the LoB had over passing games. That cannot be overstated enough: THEY CHANGED THE RULES. In Seahawks history, at least, this is unprecedented. I wonder if the likes of that quartet will ever be repeated in our time.

I don’t want to choose one. They were a unit, a sum of the parts. Happy memories.

Sorry, have to disagree here. Much as I hate the Stealers, rule changes because of defensive backfields is not wholly "unprecedented".

Some of us are old and remember.... :les:

Peppridge Farms remembers.... :les:

Which is why I said

In Seahawks history, at least, this is unprecedented

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m going to move this from the NFL forum to the main Seahawks forum.
Great topic and will catch more eyes, plus it’s a Seahawks topic.

uncle fester

Reaction score
chris98251":9ncw03na said:
Nah not unprecedented, they changed the rules because of the Kingdome or tried to because our fans were loud, the changed the rules because Joe Nash figured out how to slow down the no huddle offense Sam Wyche used in Cincy, and yes the rules because of the LOB.

Yeah ...maybe...

But the 'Crowd Noise' rule was a disaster of an idea and was quickly backtracked because it was unenforceable. Joe Nash was told by the coaches to feign injury during the actual game, so that wasn't exactly playing by the rules at all, for all its effectiveness :D .

With the LoB, Pete went to the league, and the referees reps, prior to the start of the season (2012??) and asked for specifics on what would and wouldn't be flagged in-game that year as interference/holding on DBs. They were going to go in deliberately and stick to just inside the boundaries of the law. Most of the time.

There was premeditation, if you will.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think the answer has to be KC.

He’s really the only member that hasn’t thrown shade in one way or the other.

Aside from being pure badass on the field.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Plain and Simple, I just LOVED the LOB. I always just think of them as one entity. Each member of the LOB had their own role to play and they each did it very well.

Personally, I go with the majority on here and say Kam, simply because he was the most fun to watch on the field. Sherm was entertaining off the field, and Earl was definitely the piece of the puzzle that made our defense as great as it was for all those years, but Kam was the most fun to watch. He played football the way football was meant to be played. Seeing a WR or TE going over the middle with alligator arms after a Kam hit was epic.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":nz7zv6qs said:
Without Earl, there is no LOB

Or Kam, or Sherman. That's why they were the LOB, it was a great group.

Kam is my favorite, for not only the ferocious relentless style he played, but for his leadership. I don't think it was a coincidence that after he left that locker room, it disintegrated.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
James in PA":3mxj5wst said:
Kam, of course. He put the “boom” in LOB and was by far the classiest guy of the main 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This.
Kam is my next jersey purchase and the ONLY LOB jersey I will ever wear.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":20aqx7ky said:
I will never forgive Kam for that holdout that cost us two games and maybe that season. A lot of people say crap about Sherm, but Sherm honored his contract, and did not turn his back on his brothers like Kam.
:roll: Yah, I hated Walter Jones for doing that EVERY YEAR...………………...NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2z6xe9ya said:
James in PA":2z6xe9ya said:
Kam, of course. He put the “boom” in LOB and was by far the classiest guy of the main 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This.
Kam is my next jersey purchase and the ONLY LOB jersey I will ever wear.
After # 45 - Kenny "The Enforcer" Easley (my favorite) this team hit a long dry spell, hope was all but gone---- :twisted: then along came Kam "The New Enforcer" Chancellor...…It's Kam :irishdrinkers:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
During their days as a group it was Earl for me, without a doubt. When they showed those over-head replays and you saw the ground he covered to make plays on footballs it was beautiful to watch. I would be genuinely shocked for a few years any time there was a long pass completed between the numbers.

I needed new jersey in the early part of last decade and it was going to be Earl until a certain QB came along. I was going to say but now based on what happened it's Kam. But then I think back to what Earl had to say about the fans after he left and I am thinking it's still him.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3li5kquv said:
vigilantgrrl":3li5kquv said:
I will never forgive Kam for that holdout that cost us two games and maybe that season. A lot of people say crap about Sherm, but Sherm honored his contract, and did not turn his back on his brothers like Kam.
:roll: Yah, I hated Walter Jones for doing that EVERY YEAR...………………...NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

It's different for Walt though. He didn't actually have a contract. He was playing on the franchise tag year to year. Kam held out with two years left on his deal. Kam is still my favorite LOB member, but I'm not blind to the problems with his hold out. It's what makes this question even a debate in my mind.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1e9ej81h said:
Earl allowed them to play single high. Without him there is no LOB.
There was no LOB without Sherman, there was no LOB without Kam; Sherman couldn't do Kam's, nor Earls job, Earl couldn't do Sherman's nor Kam's job....That's why they were coined the name LEGION of boom.
Now the question was, "Your FAVORITE LOB Member"
I chose Kam, because everyone knew the risk for injury was real catching a ball in his area.

chris98251

Reaction score
Here you go, remember him and what he brought.

Boom

[youtube]LjR7UhbTZkE[/youtube]

reddmmann

Reaction score
Off Topic...

For years I have been trying to find that Raiders poster with Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes(best corner duo ever!) and their 2 safeties standing in the middle of a road at night, with a couple of Harley Davidsons, police lights flashing in the background and graffiti on the ground in front of them says" No Passing"...the best football poster ever!

I just found one being sold on ebay....for $350!!!....WTF!!!

I would still be tempted to get it anyway, except it would probably get me kicked out of the house.....sigh...

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Chancellor. Should have been SB MVP. The hit he laid out on Thomas set the tone and showed we were the toughest team on the field.

And I'll never forget him removing the soul from Vernon Davis.

TBH, the group was fabulous but the Boom was Browner and Chancellor. IF the NFL hadn't gone crazy with player safety I think we get to a few more championship games but after they neutered DB's, the whole NFL changed to this shootout format. That more than anything killed the LOB.