Who should start at KR (with Harvin out)?

makkapakka

Reaction score
Just wondering who others think is the best option:

• Jermaine Kearse? I really like the guy but IMO I've seen enough of him at KR. He just doesn't seem to have a natural knack for it.
  • Golden Tate? For some reason it seems one player is just not supposed to return both kickoffs and punts
  • Christine Michael? If the kid makes the active roster I'd like to see him have a chance to contribute. But does he have enough speed?
  • One of the corners? Call me crazy but I'd like to see Sherman have a shot at it. IMO he can't be worse than Kearse?

BTW I think the seahawks can win without even returning kicks. But no need to give the opposition a break.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Michael. I like Kearse but afraid of another fumble. However, Christine is unlikely to be active so guessing it'll be 15 yds. per return from Turbin again. So long as dude doesn't fumble (he won't) I'm good with that.

Cartire

Reaction score
makkapakka":d9sx2sy0 said:

• Jermaine Kearse? I really like the guy but IMO I've seen enough of him at KR. He just doesn't seem to have a natural knack for it.
  • Golden Tate? For some reason it seems one player is just not supposed to return both kickoffs and punts
  • Christine Michael? If the kid makes the active roster I'd like to see him have a chance to contribute. But does he have enough speed?
  • One of the corners? Call me crazy but I'd like to see Sherman have a shot at it. IMO he can't be worse than Kearse?

BTW I think the seahawks can win without even returning kicks. But no need to give the opposition a break.

Kearse just doesn't have the acceleration needed. Great sustained speed, horrible acceleration.

Washington did both, but he wasn't our #1 WR either. We can't expect to have Tate do all three and be fresh in the 4th qtr.

I'm down for the Michael project. I think he has earned his right to at least show us what he's got. He's defiantly got the speed.

Sherman is in the same category as Kearse.

Cartire

Reaction score
legend38":lt9omg2s said:

That's actually intriguing. And I didn't think about that. Fastest guy on the team has to be somewhat beneficial.

OP
OP
M

makkapakka

Reaction score
Cartire":v0lh7gr1 said:
Kearse just doesn't have the acceleration needed. Great sustained speed, horrible acceleration.

Washington did both, but he wasn't our #1 WR either. We can't expect to have Tate do all three and be fresh in the 4th qtr.

I'm down for the Michael project. I think he has earned his right to at least show us what he's got. He's defiantly got the speed.

Sherman is in the same category as Kearse.

Thing is, I think about less than half of kickoffs are returned, and defense is most likely going to rest after a KR. Sherman might be the fastest guy listed?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Can't believe nobody's said Jeremy Lane yet. Judging by how quick he gets downfield covering punts, i bet he'd be an awesome returner...

CMike could be interesting, but he'd need to do more than just return kicks. He'd need to get in the game on other special teams to justify the active roster space.

kidhawk

Reaction score
makkapakka":7ozaabwc said:

Well they tried Turbin during the Saints game and had me yelling for him to take a knee because we couldn't get back to the 20. Not really sure who I'd put back there. I'm certain the coaches have evaluated a number of options out there, but we may have to just keep taking a knee until Harvin is healthy.

Throwdown

Reaction score
CANHawk":3nrd9hlq said:
Can't believe nobody's said Jeremy Lane yet. Judging by how quick he gets downfield covering punts, i bet he'd be an awesome returner...

CMike could be interesting, but he'd need to do more than just return kicks. He'd need to get in the game on other special teams to justify the active roster space.

Didn't they try Lane before and it ended up ugly? I could be wrong though.

Latest posts