Tradewinds? Baltimore is hurting at cb...

keasley45

Reaction score
And perennially have one of the best run defenses in the league. They're solid at DT and could be interested in fortifying the one positional weakness they have on the defense - cb.

They've had two CB's go down already, having just lost Humphrey to injury. Rock Ya--sin is also out and on the mend. If having your top two guys out to start the season wasn't enough, there other two CBs are also injured. Granted, none of the injuries are projected to be season ending, but for a team with championship aspirations to start the season with a gaping hole on the defense, they might be enough to get them looking at an 'affordable' add. And, we happen to be stocked at that spot.

Could be an ideal trade partner if we wanted to capitalize on our riches, and move a guy like M Jackson to get a rotational piece at DT.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't think they part with Mike J
I agree. He fits too well. Tre Brown might have a bit of value. And honestly, Darrell Taylor might be a good trade piece. I doubt he gets re-signed. And he's not nearly as good as his sack numbers indicate.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
i did. but its more having unfortunate connections with the Ravens. My family is diehard Baltimore, black and purple. So i hear all the news, even when i dont want to. My cousin brought up that they were snakebit at corner and it just got worse when Humphrey went down. I saw the interview with Pete when he mentioned how deep we are and my cousin and i have been talking about the possibility of a swap. In his opinion, as an outsider, he thinks they'd be thrilled with Jackson given what he put on tape last year.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
Tre Brown for ???
I like the tre brown i saw his rookie season more than i do M Jack. And if its Baltimore:

Travis Jones
Angelo Blackson
Rayshad Nichols

Jones would be a great get but i dont know that it would be a straight up deal. He's an up and comer

Blackson would be a rotational piece but could be valuable if Mone is lost

Nichols has potential

But the Ravens just signed Darby, so they're out of the market until he blows out his knee gain.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Are we seriously talking about trading a starting quality corner for a starting quality NT? Talk about a positional value chasm. That's like trading 2 first rounders for a box safety.

Whoever we trade for is likely to be a backup to serve as depth since Reed is a very good plug the middle guy. Jones is a stud and no one is going to trade away a defensive lineman better than Mario Edwards for Jackson or Brown.

We just need some depth on the DL and there likely will be a few cuts we can pickup for that purpose. But I swear this fanbase has PTSD over last years rushing defense. Despite the fact that it's a passing league. Having a great rotation at EDGE and a no fly zone in the secondary are things every team wants more than a stout rush defense. Sure it would be great to have it all, but if you are going to cut corners, NT is the place to do it. It's like the centre position without the cerebral responsibilities.

A front seven of Nwosu, Jones, Reed, Edwards, Mafe, Brooks and Wagner should be more than stout enough to stop folks running all over us.

chrispy

Reaction score
Baltimore signing JClowney.... a good move if they are looking at trading away someone else in their DLine rotation.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Greedy Williams just got cut by the Eagles. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ravens picking him up.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Mike Jackson was getting abused by Cooper Rush. From what I saw he didn’t play well. On the other hand, Tre Brown played well this game.

whidbeast

Reaction score
If MJ is worth anything he could quickly end up being depth we'll need. Spoon and Woolen were both hurt this off season and forget about Adams.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Yes, if the Seahawks were trying to move Jackson, this game did not help their cause.
This game was definitely his worst yet. Same issues as last yr. Getting lost, lining up too far/playing too far off his guy/too deep in his zone. Hanging on for dear life and still not turning his head around.

All stuff that can be fixed that hasn’t.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I like the tre brown i saw his rookie season more than i do M Jack. And if its Baltimore:

Travis Jones
Angelo Blackson
Rayshad Nichols

Jones would be a great get but i dont know that it would be a straight up deal. He's an up and comer

Blackson would be a rotational piece but could be valuable if Mone is lost

Nichols has potential

But the Ravens just signed Darby, so they're out of the market until he blows out his knee gain.
"...Blackson would be a rotational piece but could be valuable if Mone is lost"
So Jackson for Blackson. I'm in just for that'