Who said this year is a team rebuild ?

mikeak

Reaction score
McVay was a young coach with no experience and instantly turned the Rams into a contender. This team has talent and should be much improved up front. I have no doubt Macdonald will improve the defense from the flag football style we've had, the big question is Grubb and if he's just a little better than Waldron this team could be scary
It helped that he walked into a team with $167M in cap space

I am not saying he isn't a great coach, but that is a very different situation than MacDonald inherited

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
There's going to be growing pains. First time head coach for one. An OC who has never coached in the NFL. New schemes to learn on both sides of the ball. It's inevitable that we'll lose some games while it's figured out. If the schemes on both sides click by mid season though then things could get exciting, especially if next draft is a deep as stated.

cymatica

Reaction score
There's going to be growing pains. First time head coach for one. An OC who has never coached in the NFL. New schemes to learn on both sides of the ball. It's inevitable that we'll lose some games while it's figured out. If the schemes on both sides click by mid season though then things could get exciting, especially if next draft is a deep as stated.
Growing pains are better than the kind of pains this team has had the last 5+ years

morgulon1

Reaction score
It helped that he walked into a team with $167M in cap space

I am not saying he isn't a great coach, but that is a very different situation than MacDonald inherited
I'm sure it certainly helped ,he also kicked ass (unfortunately for us) .

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I have been wondering whether the Bears will be better than the Seahawks this year. Hard to predict. The offense will be much improved with Caleb, Allen, Swift, and Odunze added. The teams play each other this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Caleb needs to have his body double found yet and do a make up check before each play, he is going to crash and burn, he is just to much about himself to make it in the NFL.

Torc

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not predicting great things for Caleb until he gets a little humility pounded into him.

cymatica

Reaction score
Caleb needs to have his body double found yet and do a make up check before each play, he is going to crash and burn, he is just to much about himself to make it in the NFL.
🤔

Attachments

• FjKl_vRXwAYHA-D.jpg
    FjKl_vRXwAYHA-D.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 10
  • bfe44bc952d0396d1d4f34a8b0c9ea16dd500ac61907ed8725c844c39103abb0_1.jpg
    bfe44bc952d0396d1d4f34a8b0c9ea16dd500ac61907ed8725c844c39103abb0_1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 10

bileever

Reaction score
Too many unknowns for anyone to know what the 2024 Seahawks are going to be. The coaching staff isn't anything until they prove they can get it done. The draft picks are just potential until they play. The dreadful D-line hasn't shown any improvement yet. And that offensive line hasn't shown that it can hold up for a season.

Not every young HC can be McVay or Shanahan. Every team with a new head coach is brimming with optimism. I really think Macdonald was the right choice. And yet, we have yet to see if his success as a coordinator will translate into success as a HC.

So many questions remain. And the 49ers remain a juggernaut and the Rams (and even the Cardinals) are up and coming.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Are the Hawks better than the 49ers? No
Are the Hawks better than the Rams? No
Are the Hawks better than the Cardinals? IDK.... Maybe

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Seems to me that JS did when he offered so many players 1 year contracts.

Rat

Reaction score
I have been wondering whether the Bears will be better than the Seahawks this year. Hard to predict. The offense will be much improved with Caleb, Allen, Swift, and Odunze added. The teams play each other this season.
Bears D will be much better than ours. Seahawks offense is marginally better. Bears are poorly coached, but we have inexperienced guys too. I think the Bears finish like two games better.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Last year in the NFCW, we finished 2-4, having been swept by SF and LAR.

From a point differential standpoint, we were outscored by 37 points (PF 99, PA 136).

On average, we lost all six games by 6.2 points... essentially, by a TD. That's significant.

Next year, if we were to split with both SF and LAR, I would consider our 2024 season a success, almost without regard to our final record.

I view this season as a "Re-tool +" because of the personnel changes in combination with our new coaching staff.

Edited to correct our 2023 record within the division.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bears D will be much better than ours. Seahawks offense is marginally better. Bears are poorly coached, but we have inexperienced guys too. I think the Bears finish like two games better.
Bears 11-6 Seahawks 9-8.

samwize77

Reaction score
I have a prediction....and I'm going to be 100% correct. My prediction is.....I'm going to enjoy the season and see how our new team/coaching staff develops, or doesn't develop. Either way...it'll be interesting and I'll enjoy me some Seahawks football and not worry/think about all the other stuff that could be, should be, or might have been.

Seahawker

Reaction score
More of a retool than rebuild.
I think we are closer to competing in our division than most in here would believe.
Plenty of suspense & question marks on how this team will perform coming off a 9-8 season, swept by the 9ers & Rams.
I'm hoping we can get some help at LBer, S & center depth through preseason cuts and raiding practice squads.
I look forward to a potent offense, including a hugely improved run game and defensive accountability.
I see our new identity as a hard nosed football team who will soon make their mark in the NFC.