Who is your favorite Seahawks' player that divides opinion?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Golden Tate, though the haters seem to be slowly changing their opinions (but ima slap the next person that talks about how he doesn't get separation).

Anthony McCoy is probably second, though things should be quiet of that front this year...

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Sherman's too easy. How about Hauschka? There seem to be a whole lot of people wanting him gone but the guy is quietly one of the most reliable kickers in the league. Nearly dropped a 60 yarder the other night. Close second would be Moffitt.

getnasty

Reaction score
Breno and McQuistan, these two guy are not world beater, but for two guys who are suppose to be backups this guys have filled in very well. I always want to get better at every position but at the same time these guys get bagged on pretty hard, something tells me they'll both start a lot of games for us again this year.

Sac

Reaction score
Russel Wilson.

I think he's the best, other people who have been around long enough to see all the Seahawks QBs thinks he's the worst.

SirTed

Reaction score
Breno Giacomini and Brandon Browner.

IMO, the nasty attitude that these guys bring to this team is EXTREMELY valuable. I get tired of coming on the site after Browner gets a holding call (or two) and Giacomini gets a personal foul and seeing all the hand wringing over it. This isn't a gentleman's game, and they don't pretend to be one. For too long this team was made up of nice guys would tried to win games in the face of the other team who would be spitting, kicking and biting them the whole way. It's great to have a team that not only stands up to bullies, but isn't afraid to be one themselves.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Browner. I've heard everything from he's old, to he's slow, he gets burned a lot, he's the most replaceable player in the LoB (that one might be right..in terms of production, if not style). The guy never seems to get very much respect.

I look at him, and I see him just erase guys at the line of scrimmage. He'll get caught by a double move once in a while, but who doesn't ? Sherman and Revis give up receptions. He's slow enough to have caught AP from behind from the other side of the field, and I think it was PFF that rated him at a top 10 CB in more than one category.

After all that, I hear a ton of "release him, Thurmond's better", "Lane is his replacement" "Simon is his replacement" etc. Until Browner literally jams some WR so hard that his head comes off, he won't get widespread respect here. Damnit, that's it, I'm buying his jersey.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
themunn":2d13f3se said:
KJ doesn't split opinion, you're the only person I've seen that doesn't rate him nearly.

after the rep he got last year I have to undoubtedly go with Big Red

Nah, there are definitely more than a few here who see Wright as serviceable/useful but not amazing. I think those who call Wright a star are in the minority. I wonder how many votes he got for the pro-bowl? I'm guessing it wasn't many. And you didn't see any outrage over it.

It is a very minor divide in opinion though. Kind of like the divide in opinion over Doug Baldwin. I'm pretty sure we all like Baldwin, the question is how much.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I agree with Rasta -- DOUG BALDWIN

I've liked this kid from the minute he arrived at VMAC, undrafted, chip-on-the-shoulder, fighting to make the team, and just look at his first year. I know last year wasn't a very good year for him, and a lot of you were willing to boot him. Not me. I'm not going to debate whether last year was injuries, lack of motivation, new QB, whatever. I still like the kid every bit as much as his predecessor, Bobby Engram, and I'm betting he will be outstanding this year.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would pick Thurmond and McCoy, but both already have been selected. I think McCoy brought more than some give him credit for and Thurmond to me was the steal that wasn't. He has buzzard's luck.

The other players are usually debated over cap hit/value added points of view. I like Tate as well, but most of his antagonists have moved on.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
1. Harvin-for the "I told you so's"
2/2a. Rice/Miller-contracts which both live up to fine in my opinion
3. Sherman-some people don't like their athletes brash, I do
4. Breno-we will miss that nasty streak trust me
5. Doug Baldwin-can't figure out why but some people are weird
6. Walter Thurmond-injury history
7/7a. Browner/KJ Wright both are elite and some just refuse to see the value they have to us and our scheme

kobebryant

Reaction score
SirTed":28a48emp said:
Breno Giacomini and Brandon Browner.

IMO, the nasty attitude that these guys bring to this team is EXTREMELY valuable. I get tired of coming on the site after Browner gets a holding call (or two) and Giacomini gets a personal foul and seeing all the hand wringing over it. This isn't a gentleman's game, and they don't pretend to be one. For too long this team was made up of nice guys would tried to win games in the face of the other team who would be spitting, kicking and biting them the whole way. It's great to have a team that not only stands up to bullies, but isn't afraid to be one themselves.

Wow, exactly the two I was going to say, and pretty much the same reasons. These two are the personification of the Hawks becoming the hammer instead of the nail.

BB and Breno step over the line that for far too long the Seahawks wouldn't even approach. Mel Blount and Jon Runyan.

seattlesportsfan24

Reaction score
Definitely DB jr.

I'm not sure if he necessarily divides opinion per se, but he is severely underrated.

If not him, Mike Rob. Many people seem to be calling for the disposal of the FB position, but I think he's one of the best in the league, and what he does for the team in the locker room is irreplaceable

chevelle03

Reaction score
I'm changing my vote to Browner. The guy is a beast, how can any fan not want him in our secondary?