Your 10-1 Seattle Seahawks

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Meet the baddest, "melon-farming" team in the nation:

2 QB: Russell Wilson, Tarvaris Jackson,
3 RB: Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, Christine Michael
2 FB: Michael Robinson, Derrick Coleman
5 WR: G.Tate, D. Baldwin, P. Harvin, R. Lockette, J. Kearse (injured- Concussion)
3 TE: Zach Miller, Luke Willson, Kellen Davis
10 OL:

LT: Russell Okung/ Alvin Bailey/ Caylin Hauptmann
LG: James Carpenter/Paul McQuistan
OC: Max Unger/ Lemuel Jean-Pierre
RG: J.R. Sweezy
RT: Breno Giacomini/ Michael Bowie

25 Total Offensive Players

3 LEO: Chris Clemons, Cliff Avril, Benson Mayowa
2 3DT: Tony McDaniel, Jordan Hill
2 1DT: Brandon Mebane, Clinton McDonald
2 5DT: Red Bryant, Michael Bennett

7 LB: Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, K.J. Wright,
PLUS: Malcolm Smith, O'Brien Schofield, Mike Morgan, Heath Farwell

5 CB: R. Sherman, W. Thurmond, B. Maxwell, J. Lane, B. Browner (injured- Groin)
2 FS: Earl Thomas, Chris Maragos
2 SS: Kam Chanchellor, Jeron Johnson

25 Defensive Players

3 ST: Steve Hauschka (K), Jon Ryan (P), Clint Gresham (LS)

Seahawks have a damn good roster, balanced, and most of the younger players and depth have seen some snaps this year whether in rotation or stepping in for an injured comrade. That experience will be gold in terms of revving it up and going full throttle into the playoffs.

Current Practice Squad:
QB, B.J. Daniels
WR, Bryan Walters
WR, Phil Bates
TE, Cooper Helfet
OL, Ryan Seymour
DT, Michael Brooks
DT, D'Anthony Smith
DB, DeShawn Shead

Practice Squad looks legit Walters, Brooks, and Smith have all played some snaps. Bates, Helfet and Shead were here last year. Seymour was a 7th round draft choice who is versatile enough to play all 5 line positions. Recently added QB B.J. Daniels remains a developmental prospect that posesses Russel Wilson-like qualities.

NFI: Korey Toomer
PUP: DL, Gregg Scruggs; CB, Tharold Simon
P.S.I.R.: CB, Chandler Fenner; TE, Anthony McCoy; DE, Kenneth Boatwright; DT, Jesse Williams
I.S.I.R.: RB, Spencer Ware; WR, Sidney Rice

Seahawks have remained fairly healthy in terms of keeping important players off I.R. With only Rice, McCoy and Scruggs high-lighting players lost for the season that had production in 2012.
Rice did play in 8 games and Scruggs has an outside chance to return to the team possibly with the Seahawks releasing Mayowa at some point in 3 weeks. There's talk of Simon joining the team eventually but I think the team will see where Browner's progress is before making that decision.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure our 'post bye' troubles are related to our 'road woes.' I'm not entirely sure, but haven't we almost always been scheduled for a road game after our bye week? Seems that way to me. So playing at home should help that demon.

largenutz

Reaction score
Ive always thought that byes kindof throws the players off their rhyhtm, just a lil bit. Just seems natural, to lose a little, game speed, maybe endurance too.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
coming off the bye week to face such a good team on a Monday night should not be a problem for the Hawks,...it's at home, and it will be a playoff atmosphere, ...I expect the Hawks to come out smoking hot,...

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
It's crazy, but any time we lose a guy to injury, I just know the drop off won't be that severe due to how well coached the backups are. Also worth noting is the fact that most of our backups are the result of our scouting team combing the smaller, more low-key schools for potentially elite talent. There isn't a guy on our team who isn't a freak of nature by some measure or another, and that is just frigging awesome.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Couple of differences here:

1. we're at home. Even if we get off to a slow start offensively, our Defense will be jacked up to take on one of the top offenses in the league. These guys have pride and play electric at home.

2. NO is making a long road trip out here. That just messes things up for teams; it's proven. Even though they get an extra day, which might help, it still isn't easy.

3. I think there's an extra sense of urgency this game. I know what Pete and Russell say, but teams like Tampa...well I think we fell asleep on them in the first half. Winless team, rookie Qb...etc etc. I think we overlooked the Bucs and there's no chance of that with NO.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
MOTIVATION-Pete Carroll is perhaps the best motivator in the game. His collegiate record illustrates this. The team is in my estimation peaking just as they did after the Chicago game last year. With the overall health of the team improving rapidly so does their lethality. The WR corps will all be motivated not to get lost in the Percy Harvin pizzazz. With just a tinge of homerism I think we are about to see some awesome things from this team. The bye will give them opportunity to get everyone healed and to work on some fresh offensive schemes utilizing our newfound firepower. The Vikings and Saints are in our way! :thirishdrinkers:

stack600

Reaction score
One other thing about our depth, most of em play on the #2 ranked ST unit. It's a big week for Lane, Capt. Farwell and Co. But I would like to see our record coming of a bye, At home, On Monday Night. That is if there are any other comparison's in our history. I think it is a great scenerio for a bye. 11 weeks has took a toll + for some 4 preseason games for 15. Coaches included. Going into the stretch run with a Monday Nighter and the last 2 Road games, 1 for the NFC West, and 1 on the east coast. you could'nt right a script this exciting.....

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The only thing I have not seen yet on this string of information is the largest issue.....TURKEY DAY. That is something to take into consideration too. The Monday Night Football game comes after the Thursday known as Thanksgiving. So we can say thanks to N.O. for giving us a win. LOL

:twisted:
Go Hawks

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Updated: I guess Cable really likes Caylin Hauptmann.

Oh, well. This team is unpredictable...

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Awesome, bring on the Saints.

Seahawks%20Meme%206.jpg

Timberhawk

Reaction score
That MNF game will be awesome. We have the best overall MNF record and the long home winning streak vs Drew Brees who will be attempting to break the longest MNF winning streak that game as i recall. It will be a great game. Wish i could be there to make Drew's job more difficult, but I know my fellow 12's will take care of that.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Updated: to include Practice Squad + Injured Lists: Non-Football Injury, PUP, Pre-Season Injury list, In-Season Injury Reserve.

Also, at what point can teams add their PS to the roster? Is it just the Play-Offs?

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3kv1gbqz said:
It's crazy, but any time we lose a guy to injury, I just know the drop off won't be that severe due to how well coached the backups are. Also worth noting is the fact that most of our backups are the result of our scouting team combing the smaller, more low-key schools for potentially elite talent. There isn't a guy on our team who isn't a freak of nature by some measure or another, and that is just frigging awesome.

I went to a coaching clinic and Pat Ruel was the guest speaker. He said exactly this. He said the one thing that he learned from Tom Cable when they hired Cable was that by getting the O-linemen rapid fire reps in practice more guys get more reps and are ready to play.