Who is our next QB?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Jalon Daniels - KU

Too young to come out yet but might end up being a good one.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I’m team Geno now and want to see balanced play calling and for the defense to show up before deciding about a future quarterback.

But I do like the UW guy alot!

What Geno does this year is irrelevant, as he obviously isn't our QB moving forward. So what is there to wait to decide on haha?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
OSU curse aside, I’d take Stroud if we could. Levis if not.

I have a feeling we will be drafting defensively and won’t snag a QB until the third or beyond.
I'd prefer to have a QB that at least threatens to run once in a while to keep the defense honest. That ain't Stroud.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Jaren Hall looks like the real deal
He's looked good at times but I'd like to see more sample data. Looking good against Wyoming is one thing but he didn't look as hot against Baylor and Oregon.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Spoiler alert…..

Hawks will not draft a qb in the first round and get an NFL free agent or trade for one.
Yes, we will need Grappalo, someone who can step out of the box, I mean endzone, I mean think outside of the box QB..heck, I don't what I'm saying... 🤪

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I was looking seriously at VanDyke but his coaches are holding him back, think he won't declare and will then transfer to another school that plays a pro style O.

Suspect the FO might surprise with their pick.

Last edited:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
If we base our next QB based on the history of PC signing FAs we have to go with a vet on the downside of his career with a formerly great name and little to no gas in his tank. I’m going to go with Matt Ryan though he is with the Colts this year.
OTOH, if we base our next QB based on the history of PC/JS drafting QBs when we really need a new one, he will be a future HOFer who takes us to a Superbowl victory in Year 2.

OP
OP
sprhawk73

sprhawk73

Reaction score
OSU curse aside, I’d take Stroud if we could. Levis if not.

I have a feeling we will be drafting defensively and won’t snag a QB until the third or beyond.
I've come to the same conclusion after thinking things thru.

It would be pretty uncharacteristic if they actually take a QB in the first.

And now that we have some semblance of a good oline, it gives us more options or (as the English would say) we can have a proper QB.

Since 1980, the odds of a QB taken with the first pick of having a good career is almost 50/50, which is actually fairly good but then nothing is guaranteed.

I guess that leaves us praying for a Tom Brady.

Last edited:

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
I like two QBs right now...Grayson McCall and Jalon Daniels.

Both probably will be second rounders, but they are killing it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sprhawk73

sprhawk73

Reaction score
/s?

If not: Why? Because that worked out so badly last time??
Initially it did, when we had a run game and the best defense of all time.

Russ was a liability because he is limited by his height and therefor unable to carry a team.

Shhh! Don't tell the Donkeys. :sneaky:

Last edited:
W

Welshers

Mark my words, Stroud or Young will not be what they are expected to be in this league! They look good in college playing with weapons way better than their competition, but just wait. Get me Levis!

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Initially it did, when we had a run game and the best defense of all time.

Russ was a liability because he is limited by his height and therefor unable to carry a team.

Shhh! Don't tell the Donkeys. :sneaky:
I disagree. I think most of us would take the second coming of RW3 in a heartbeat if it meant we see the Hawks win another SB. Yes the LOB and Marshawn were key components but so was Wilson.

While I agree that over the last few years RW3 was less of a threat with his legs, he was still effective to a lesser degree. It certainly didn't help that he had to play behind some pretty bad OL's that made his scrambles necessary at times.

It was time to move on and they got some value for the move that wouldn't have been there at the end of the 2022/2023 season.

Whatever choice JS/PC make I hope it's not a pure pocket passer but a QB that can also keep defenses off balance with a run here and there ala Allen and Herbert.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Too early to speculate really.

Got almost the entire college season still to play, and we don't know where we'll be picking, or how much Denver's 1st will be worth.

I mean, if you created this thread last year, we'd be clamoring for Spencer Rattler.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
OTOH, if we base our next QB based on the history of PC/JS drafting QBs when we really need a new one, he will be a future HOFer who takes us to a Superbowl victory in Year 2.
Not going to argue that with RW at all. One however is not a pattern. What other great QB has PC drafted? Or even a good one?

Latest posts