Who is JS referring to here?

firebee

Reaction score
Hmmmm... I think I'm gonna go with Carpenter on this one. 1st round pick with tons of potential that just hasn't been able to hold down any position on the offensive line.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
ITT: people who don't know the difference between cost (specifically sunk cost) vs risk.

Basis4day

Reaction score
firebee":3myle3p1 said:
Hmmmm... I think I'm gonna go with Carpenter on this one. 1st round pick with tons of potential that just hasn't been able to hold down any position on the offensive line.

Neither of the JS quotes sound like hes describing a player who has been limited in two seasons do to injury.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":2uklkz1j said:
The only reason that the Whitehurst trade is no longer relevant is because the Seahawks took a risk that paid off in drafting Russell Wilson. If we were entering year 4 of the PC/JS rebuild without a franchise QB (and they seemed rather underwhelmed by Flynn), the heat would ABSOLUTELY be turned up on the Pete and the front office. And most would be pointing to the Whitehurst trade as the first step in a long line of failed attempts to get a QB. I do think it is a relevant, but less relevant because of the success that the front office has experienced.

Hm...I hope you're not implying that Russell Wilson somehow saved PC and JS jobs, because that's silly. And IMO It's ABSOLUTELY remarkable that PC and JS may have found their elite franchise QB in only their third year. It's even more so when you consider they did it without the benefit of a top 5 draft pick. Some teams go decades without finding one. The Bears haven't had one since Sid Luckman (I consider McMahon a good QB, not an elite QB). The Browns haven't had one since Otto Graham, nor the the Lions since Bobby Layne.

As for the Seahawks, if Russell Willson becomes that elite franchise QB we're all hoping for, he will be the Seahawks first.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I wonder if the second player is actually Kellen Winslow. Granted, they didn't give up much for him, but he fits the bill as a guy who was productive in the past, and I think saying he wasn't locked in on football last year is pretty fair.

SE174

Reaction score
I'd say it's two of either EJ Wilson, Kris Durham, or Mark Legree.

drdiags

Reaction score
firebee":28k199ja said:

I got the impression whomever John was referring to no longer was on the squad.