Who are your top 5 most hated teams?

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":uxckpcy5 said:
It does seem (at least based on that poll's initial responses) that the hatred for the Hawks is growing a bit among Rams fans.

Those of us who have been Rams fans since the 70s, though, see Seattle as a very recent rival, compared to the Niners or the Cowboys.

Yeah, I guess it is hard to build those rivalries when your team has been moved around so much.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
HawksFTW":32r918m9 said:
AvengerRam":32r918m9 said:
It does seem (at least based on that poll's initial responses) that the hatred for the Hawks is growing a bit among Rams fans.

Those of us who have been Rams fans since the 70s, though, see Seattle as a very recent rival, compared to the Niners or the Cowboys.

Yeah, I guess it is hard to build those rivalries when your team has been moved around so much.

Actually, it has nothing to do with the Rams' move from L.A. to St. Louis. Rather, its more of a product of the change in the NFC West from Atlanta and New Orleans to Arizona and Seattle.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":10dnnq5g said:
HawksFTW":10dnnq5g said:
AvengerRam":10dnnq5g said:

Actually, it has nothing to do with the Rams' move from L.A. to St. Louis. Rather, its more of a product of the change in the NFC West from Atlanta and New Orleans to Arizona and Seattle.

Hard to build a solid fan base when you are getting jerked around city to city. You wind up with people who aren't even from the area being fans. I know a bunch of rams fans from LA that hate the team now. The rams are somewhat vagabonds.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Doesn't matter much to me where they play. I've been a long-distance fan since the late 70s.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":1dv8pnso said:
Doesn't matter much to me where they play. I've been a long-distance fan since the late 70s.

Doesn't surprise me.

Was just commenting on the fact that, teams that move around a lot probably have a more disjointed fan base. Probably affects the perception of the fans, as to who the most hated team would be.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
You keep saying "move around a lot." The Rams moved one time, and that was 18 years ago (unless you count the move from Cleveland to Los Angeles, but I hardly think that fans today are impacted by something that happened in 1946).

The fan base is, as is the case for most teams, the product of the team's success. The same goes for rivalries.

During the Greatest Show on Turf years, it was not difficult to find people wearing Rams jerseys, nor was it difficult to find opposing fans who "hated" the Rams.

Notwithstanding the current "heat" of the rivalry between the Seahawks and the 49ers, the Rams and 49ers have far more history as rivalries going back several decades.

candyman4881

Reaction score
AvengerRam":3eywrayp said:
You keep saying "move around a lot." The Rams moved one time, and that was 18 years ago (unless you count the move from Cleveland to Los Angeles, but I hardly think that fans today are impacted by something that happened in 1946).

The fan base is, as is the case for most teams, the product of the team's success. The same goes for rivalries.

During the Greatest Show on Turf years, it was not difficult to find people wearing Rams jerseys, nor was it difficult to find opposing fans who "hated" the Rams.

Notwithstanding the current "heat" of the rivalry between the Seahawks and the 49ers, the Rams and 49ers have far more history as rivalries going back several decades.

I think "hate" is a strong word on what I feel towards the Seahawks, although I view them more as our prime rival than the 49ers. I know a lot of long time Rams fans will disagree with me, but I guess it all started in the early 2000s when the Seahawks came over to the NFC West and the epic battles the teams had in those first few years before the Rams went off a cliff, to the "play in" game in 2010, to now the team I view as the NFC West favorite.

Teams I actually hate:
1. Bears - try living in Illinois with a bunch of Bears fans - you talk about one delusional and arrogant fanbase - every year they are going to the Super Bowl around this time according to them
2. Patriots - Rams and Seahawks fans can commiserate with one another on how Super Bowls were taken away from us - I will never respect Belicheck
3. Packers - almost as arrogant as Bears fans, but at least they have won something over the last several years
4. Cowboys - always have and always will hate this team
5. 49ers - Ever since the SOSAR comment, and their pompous and cocky coach, I cant stand watching this team succeed

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2un87fbs said:

Twice is a whole lot more than most other teams. You underestimate what a team leaving does, even in 46. The reason why a lot of people choose teams, is due to family allegiances. Breaking the line, even in the 40's, can sever whole generations in the future. Hard to root for a team that has moved so much, I am sure.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Not too many Seahawks fans going back to 1946, are there?

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2uw7mfkm said:
Not too many Seahawks fans going back to 1946, are there?

That wasn't the point, now was it? Don't be daft.

JBtheHunter

Reaction score
As a Falcons fan, it's really nice to see how little they show up on this list lol. Which is good considering I've adopted Seattle as my second team.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
JBtheHunter":ajfdh4st said:
As a Falcons fan, it's really nice to see how little they show up on this list lol. Which is good considering I've adopted Seattle as my second team.

I got love for the Falcons. Jamal Anderson was a monster.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
I think the question that HawksFTW is trying to get at is whether the Rams lost their L.A. fan base (which existed for decades before the Seahawks became a team) when they moved to St. Louis.

The answer is not a simple yes or no.

Some LA fans still remained Rams fans despite the move. Some still lobby for the team to return, while others accept that the Rams are now St. Louis' team.

Other LA fans moved on and became fans of other teams. Though there's no way to prove it, I'd say that this category of fans is vastly outnumbered by the "new" Rams fans who started following the team when they moved to St. Louis, or during the GSOT years.

So, in the end, the Rams' fan base does have a strange divide. Whenever the issue of the team relocating back to LA comes up, you'll see this divide on Rams' forums.

All that said, the Rams' biggest problem in terms of fan loyalty and interest is the fact that they play in baseball town. I don't know if the Rams will ever be more popular than the (baseball) Cardinals. Of course, winning more games and, perhaps, building a better stadium (though the EJD is no all that bad) would help.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":36gmlbwa said:
I think the question that HawksFTW is trying to get at is whether the Rams lost their L.A. fan base (which existed for decades before the Seahawks became a team) when they moved to St. Louis.

No it isn't, stop trying with the over the top rhetoric. I feel sorry for Rams fans, that is it. No grand question, just pouring out a metaphorical drink for all the thousands of lost Rams fans over the years.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JBtheHunter":1ozor7wt said:

That's because the Falcons are like the Texans. They're very good, but they're kind of boring good. You guys need a Sherman. But not our Sherman.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
I don't know why any Seahawks fan would feel sorry for a Rams fan, unless they've only been following the NFL for the last ten years.

During the time I've been a fan of the NFL, the Rams have played in three Super Bowls, produced four Hall of Fame players (Youngblood, Slater, Dickerson, Faulk), and had what is arguably the greatest "storybook" season of all time (1999).

The Seahawks, from my vantage point, are more of a "Johnny come lately" team. They have a long way to go before their history is comparable to the Rams.

So, I guess what I'm saying is... save your pity for someone who needs it. Rams fans are just fine with their team, thank you very much.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3cv3pxpx said:
JBtheHunter":3cv3pxpx said:

That's because the Falcons are like the Texans. They're very good, but they're kind of boring good. You guys need a Sherman. But not our Sherman.

Yeah, back when they had Sanders, they were pretty hated among my circle of friends. Though I have always enjoyed Sanders (on the field).

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2ek8al48 said:
I don't know why any Seahawks fan would feel sorry for a Rams fan, unless they've only been following the NFL for the last ten years.

During the time I've been a fan of the NFL, the Rams have played in three Super Bowls, produced four Hall of Fame players (Youngblood, Slater, Dickerson, Faulk), and had what is arguably the greatest "storybook" season of all time (1999).

The Seahawks, from my vantage point, are more of a "Johnny come lately" team. They have a long way to go before their history is comparable to the Rams.

So, I guess what I'm saying is... save your pity for someone who needs it. Rams fans are just fine with their team, thank you very much.

It is sad that you don't see it, but you will. You are starting to get into that 2000's 49ers phase of fandom, hope and despair in equal amounts while people talk up your latest head coaching hire. Sad times ahead, especially for a team that has had its foundation uprooted so many times. I feel for you AR, have a drink on me.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
New owner with mega-bucks... possible new stadium coming... top notch head coach... youngest team in NFL... coming off a season where win total was increased by 5.5... 2 more first round picks in 2014...

Yeah, I'm so worried about the future.

Fans like you have that typical nouveau riche attitude. We'll see if you're still around when the Hawks go through a long dry spell (and trust me, every team has them, so it will happen to your team too).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It's like watching someone tease a challenged kid. It just ain't right.

Latest posts