Which "Should Win No Problem" game will we lose?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
pmedic920":1s2doxf9 said:
I'd pick a loss to the 9ers.

The 9ers are still really short on talent on both sides of the ball, and they're installing new schemes on both sides of the ball.

B/C Shanahan's offense is complicated as heck and he still insists on relying on Jurassic-era west-coast verbiage (ughh) his offense also takes FOREVER to install (people forget that with basically the same cast in his first year in Atlanta the offense ranked 21st before jumping to 1st last year after after the players actually got the hang of it).

Really the *only* thing that is in the 9ers favor against the Seahawks this year is that both their games are in the first 11 weeks, meaning there's a *chance* Brian Hoyer might not be knocked out for the year yet by the time of their second meeting. Remember though, saying "Brian Hoyer might not be injured yet" still means your best chance is Brian Hoyer. That's right: Brian Hoyer. :lol:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":b3akm52l said:
Not to hijack this thread into a different direction, but I wonder how much of the losses to the Rams could be attributed to player matchup or Jeff Fisher? I believe that Fisher looked at Seahawks games each year as his super bowl.

Ehh, the Rams just match up really well with the Seahawks because they have a great defense, and what makes their defense so great is that they have one of the best (if not the best) defensive lines in the NFL.

A great defense with an amazing defensive line going up against a run-first team with an incredibly crappy offensive line (but ALSO a great defense against a bad offense) means you're talking about what is likely to be a one-score game.

And as we know, one-score games are coin flips -- teams might get more or less lucky in one score games in a season (i.e. the teams that "come out of nowhere" to make the playoffs usually got abnormally lucky in one score games and then miss the next year because they don't get as lucky in one score games) but that doesn't mean they're actually able to sustain that over time, which they're not.

Long story short, because of how both teams are constructed the Rams and Seahawks end up in more one-score games than the Hawks do with most other teams, and then the coin flip happens and the Rams end up winning some of them.

If you apply that logic and how the Rams are constructed, it means the Hawks might be vulnerable to the Texans (and they're very good defense and great d-line).

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":12vio9w8 said:
pmedic920":12vio9w8 said:

The 9ers are still really short on talent on both sides of the ball, and they're installing new schemes on both sides of the ball.

B/C Shanahan's offense is complicated as heck and he still insists on relying on Jurassic-era west-coast verbiage (ughh) his offense also takes FOREVER to install (people forget that with basically the same cast in his first year in Atlanta the offense ranked 21st before jumping to 1st last year after after the players actually got the hang of it).

Really the *only* thing that is in the 9ers favor against the Seahawks this year is that both their games are in the first 11 weeks, meaning there's a *chance* Brian Hoyer might not be knocked out for the year yet by the time of their second meeting. Remember though, saying "Brian Hoyer might not be injured yet" still means your best chance is Brian Hoyer. That's right: Brian Hoyer. :lol:

Which is exactly why a game we should win we could lose, Austin Davis beat us when we played the Rams, we seem to do terrible against QB's we have little history with, Tampa Bay a few years ago now as well with Glennon. Chicago gave us a run with the replacement QB that people said should not even be given a chance.

Chapow

Reaction score
pmedic920":21idwlg8 said:

All y'all picking Houston as a "should win" ain't been paying attention.

They really aren't far from being in the upper echelon.
Watt and Clowny are both starting the season heathy.
Aside from being @ Clink I cant see any reason to call that game a "should win"

Houston has an elite D for sure, but who's their QB again? Tom Savage? Deshaun Watson? Brandon Weeden?

IMO, we still have an elite D and so does Houston. But we have a YUGE advantage at the most important position in the game, QB.

So yeah, I'd pick Houston as a should win. I'm not saying we will win, just that it makes all the sense in the world to think the Seahawks should win that game.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1tkqnh03 said:
Rams game... either of them

This. We will lose one of them for sure. Its just one of those things.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
pmedic920":eh0w1a44 said:

They dont have a QB though. I'm really not worried about that game. I've been known to be wrong though.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Chapow":17jbvcnu said:
pmedic920":17jbvcnu said:

Houston has an elite D for sure, but who's their QB again? Tom Savage? Deshaun Watson? Brandon Weeden?

IMO, we still have an elite D and so does Houston. But we have a YUGE advantage at the most important position in the game, QB.

So yeah, I'd pick Houston as a should win. I'm not saying we will win, just that it makes all the sense in the world to think the Seahawks should win that game.

If your "D" is elite enough, it only takes a safety or FG to win.

It's all good, I just can't call the Texans a "should win", I think we will but ....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, the Rams thing is just the past few years. People act like they have owned us for a decade plus. Wrong. How quick people forget the 10 in a row the Hawks reeled off over the Lambs. But like someone said earlier, they just are a matchup nightmare, for whatever reason.
That being said, I don't think a split with the Rams and Zona would be a surprise at all. Not going to lose to the Niners.
I get a feeling that the Tenn. game could be a real good challenge.