When will Peyton challenge Sherman

mbtitleist

Reaction score
As others have said, Peyton will go to whoever he feels has the best matchup on that particular play. He isn't going to be afraid of Sherman if he feels he has the best chance on that one play. He isn't going to throw Sherman's way just because he wants to prove a point and take him down. If he feels he has a chance to win the game without going Sherman's way one time Peyton would do that.

With that being said, I hope Kam channels his inner Brandon Browner on Wes Welker next week!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Peyton stayed away from Talib in that game against NE until Talib went out, then Manning went after his replacement mercilessly.

Manning doesn't have the arm strength to challenge a guy who's got tight coverage. LIke Broncosfan said, he'll hit who is open, period. I also see them going with the quick passing game first...our pass rush is far better than NE's. Manning doesn't want to hold the ball and test his OL.

I also get a weird feeling that they think they can run the ball on us. I don't have any evidence, but it's a feeling I have that they will try to run it a lot at us when we're in the nickle.

I will say that if Lane, Maxwell or Thurmond let their guys get open, Manning is going to keep picking on them until they make him stop. I see the Broncos lining D. Thomas up on Maxwell and trying to win that physical matchup. Decker is a poor matchup on both Maxwell and Thurmond.

I think Welker can get open on Lane, and maybe Thurmond. I think we shut down their TE Thomas.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Polaris":3nvh9ieg said:
ZagHawk":3nvh9ieg said:
Andrew Luck did and did so successfully. I think its safe to say Andrew Luck is NOT the QB that Peyton is and did not have the same weapons as Peyton. I'm worried, but that's just me.

Look back on that game and Luck wasn't as successful as you think. Also Luck had weapons in small and very fast receivers that could get deep that Peyton doesn't. I am not denigrating Peyton, but it's a matchup thing, and the Colts and esp the Colts of September were a different matchup than the Broncos.

Take away that 1 play where Earl and Sherm mis-communicated coverage responsibilities and Luck had a rather pedestrian game.

Don't forget this was one of the worst officiated games (I'd ever seen), Colt's WRs not only allowed to push-off and/or flop for penalties, any time our DBs laid a finger on their WRs it was called if the Colts didn't convert a crucial down where as our WRs were allowed to get mugged and get called for OPI.

Play that game in Seattle, Luck gets shutdown easily.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Fox & Co. are too conservative to go after Sherman right away. First play will be a Moreno run, then a short pass to Welker. If it's more than 3rd and 2, expect another short pass.

To start its first possession, I think Denver's plan will be to just keep moving forward slowly. One first down after another, 10 yards at a time, will set the pace.

Manning does NOT suffer from hubris. Shannyham did; so did Josh "Stalin" McStalin. Fox doesn't even know what 'hubris' means, and wouldn't care if he did.

Denver's goal on every first possession is to methodically and patiently march the ball down the field, taking up 5 to 7 minutes to score a TD. So Manning won't throw @ Sherman for *at least* the first series.