Whatever happened to "The Blue Wave"

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Reaneypark":33klbnif said:
OMG!!!! Bwhahahahaa.... that's TOO good. I had no idea that was out there. I take everything back about the Hawks and Bears killing the idea of team videos. Gotta say though, even though the chorus is absurd (Do you know how to Ram it?), the lyrics and rapping aren't THAT bad, at least for NFL players doing the rapping. Make sure y'all watch that video, you will not be disappointed!

I'd forgotten about this one too, but as soon as heard the tune, it came rushing back. I wish it hadn't, frankly. But check out the hip-hop stylings of Howie Long and the late, great Todd Christensen.
[youtube]r1Ao7zKHdkU[/youtube]

CANHawk

Reaction score
The wave is horrible. Truly an abomination. Nothing worse than trying to watch the game and be into the game than having some jack-wad in front of you turn abound and try to get a wave going. Those overgrown wannabe male cheerleaders missed half the good plays trying to get that stupid wave started. Just be loud when you're supposed to be loud, be quiet when you're supposed to be quiet and react naturally every other time. I LOVE how Seahawk crowds are now. Very smart football fans...

PS the wave is lame.

chris98251

Reaction score
CANHawk":1rexsma9 said:
The wave is horrible. Truly an abomination. Nothing worse than trying to watch the game and be into the game than having some jack-wad in front of you turn abound and try to get a wave going. Those overgrown wannabe male cheerleaders missed half the good plays trying to get that stupid wave started. Just be loud when you're supposed to be loud, be quiet when you're supposed to be quiet and react naturally every other time. I LOVE how Seahawk crowds are now. Very smart football fans...

PS the wave is lame.

This response would be much better in the shack but, you crochety old stick in the mud, we developed our identity with Bill the Beerman and the wave and noise. We picked up our hated reputation from those early days and honed it to what it is today. The wave was a fad, so were Puka Shells, Spandex both for good and bad depending on who's body they were on and Lava Lamps, and Black lights and posters. We have moved on but learned a lot about cohesive crowd noise and it's effect as a fan base.