What would it take?

Chawker

Reaction score
I watched the philly game at home, alone, and about 10 minutes before kick off I had this thought that ran though my head. Could I turn off my TV and go without watching the game, my answer was hell no. But I got thinking about this and my question is what would it take to commit to such a action ? No radio,no Internet, just 4 hours of NO Seahawks .

I wouldn't attempt it for less then, say 1,000 dollars. Maybe 5,000.

My question is could you do it and if so, what would be your price? :242735:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I almost missed the game due to two Cirque de Soleil tickets (value $300) that neither of us wanted that were gifted to us at Christmas. With expectations that we go. Background here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=161670

I had the DVR going, app loaded on my phone, a timeline set with commute times home early, etc.

Now, had we gotten parking, it could have entailed at least a 30 minute walk back, maybe more, making it not worth it to bail early. And had that happened, I would have maybe sneaked a couple score looks, but probably not livestreamed the game.

I think it's easier when you have to work or there's a family emergency.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I used to turn the channel at times in order to keep my blood pressure from going terminal. Now I watch with the volume off. I've learned that the actual play on the field is only about 1% of what riles me up. It's all the broadcast. I still get annoyed with bad plays, but it's night and day different.

kmeleon

Reaction score
I've got a BIG instance of this for you.

Went to Aruba for the first time back in January 2014 with my wife. Purchased the trip back in mid 2013. What a great time! Sun, sand, beautiful clear water. Just paradise. It was a great week, the Seahawks had just knocked off the Saints on Saturday before we left and I was riding high all week. After a terrific week in the sun Sunday came, time to go home. We had plane tickets to return to Newark NJ and we were scheduled to land about 8:00pm (which we did) Sunday January 19th 2014....The NFC Championship game Niners vs Seahawks!!! :pukeface: I had to walk thru the airport at about the 2 minute warning of the first half (I'm guessing cause I wouldn't listen, look, nothing, because EVERYONE and their mother were huddled around the TV's at the bars, throughout the airport, anywhere there was a TV!) :pukeface: I actually put my wireless headphones on and listened to music so I couldn't hear anyone cheering, etc. Phew, I made it to baggage claim...I'm in the clear....Nope, huge crowds huddled around the TV's watching the game! :pukeface: I keep listening to music, ignoring my wife the entire time :lol: Get our bags and off to the hotel to retrieve the car. I have to walk in to the lobby and get the parking ticket punched. Game on in the lobby of course, try...not...to.... watch...or....hear... anything :pukeface: Get in the car, drive home, turn on the TV the second I get in the house and start the game with my Tivo. I somehow managed to make it without finding out anything about the game. Run around screaming in my house about 1am when Sherman and Smith complete "The Tip" and finish the game :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Latest posts