What would it take for you to want Pete fired?

What would it take for you to want Pete fired?

• He won a Super Bowl 7 years ago so I will Never want him fired.

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • I already want him gone

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • A losing record this year

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • No playoff wins this year

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Only 1 playoff win this year

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • No opinion until after next season

Votes: 22 34.9%

• Total voters

RiverDog

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1wn2qdbr said:
Putting aside my venting and complaining about Pete for a second, since that is more catharsis.

There are only 2 reasons you fire Pete or get rid of him:

1 - Wilson wants him gone and will not stay unless he leaves

2 - Wilson is leaving and the only way to keep him is to get rid of Pete.

That is really it.

The chances of getting another coach that can consistently win is pretty low. With this ownership, likely even lower.

However, the chances of getting another QB that can produce even close to Wilson's success is significantly worse. And the chances of getting any QB that can get us to the playoffs under Pete Carroll is less than that.

So it all depends on Wilson. The rest does not matter.

I don't agree. Russell is without a doubt a top 10 and arguably a top 5 QB, but I don't think the prospects for replacing his production are as dire as you're making them out to be.

A lot would depend on how he were to leave. If he left via trade and we got something like the Bears were reportedly offering a few months ago, then the likelihood of find someone that can "come even close" to Wilson's success, which hasn't been all that Earth shattering recently, is at least decent. We could end up with a player like Deshaun Watson, whose ceiling is certainly high enough to match what Russell has given us over the past couple of years.

And before I get jumped, that doesn't mean I'm advocating a trade. I'm simply saying that the world doesn't begin and end with Russell.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
RiverDog":2t1tvuj5 said:
TwistedHusky":2t1tvuj5 said:
Putting aside my venting and complaining about Pete for a second, since that is more catharsis.

There are only 2 reasons you fire Pete or get rid of him:

1 - Wilson wants him gone and will not stay unless he leaves

2 - Wilson is leaving and the only way to keep him is to get rid of Pete.

That is really it.

The chances of getting another coach that can consistently win is pretty low. With this ownership, likely even lower.

However, the chances of getting another QB that can produce even close to Wilson's success is significantly worse. And the chances of getting any QB that can get us to the playoffs under Pete Carroll is less than that.

So it all depends on Wilson. The rest does not matter.

I don't agree. Russell is without a doubt a top 10 and arguably a top 5 QB, but I don't think the prospects for replacing his production are as dire as you're making them out to be.

A lot would depend on how he were to leave. If he left via trade and we got something like the Bears were reportedly offering a few months ago, then the likelihood of find someone that can "come even close" to Wilson's success, which hasn't been all that Earth shattering recently, is at least decent. We could end up with a player like Deshaun Watson, whose ceiling is certainly high enough to match what Russell has given us over the past couple of years.

And before I get jumped, that doesn't mean I'm advocating a trade. I'm simply saying that the world doesn't begin and end with Russell.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah, this should definitely be our plan.

Donn2390

Reaction score
keasley45":3g9cjnqm said:
I'd wager that if our 2nd string players showed better against other team's number 1's this preseason, this poll wouldn't exist.

Pete Carroll is 100 - 59 and 1with 2 superb owl appearance and 1 win. We were 12-4 last year with albeit an unceremoniously and underachieving exit early in the playoffs. A loss however that in my opinion represented a 'come to jesus' moment and changes that will hopefully shed some light on why we've been consistently far above average, but short of great.

His mantra's of always competing, high tempo, scripted 'turnover Tuesday, etc' practices have been copied across the league. His coaches,pilfered by top teams. Defensive strategy, replicated over and over by multiple teams.. And yet almost from the beginning there's been the perennial calling for his head, with each of his successes somehow attributed to someone else, whether the qb HE SELECTED, or similarly, the defensive players he drafted and then built into one of the best defenses of all time... while, btw the media and so called experts were calling him insane and out of touch for his unorthodox drafts and personnel moves. We have never won more than with Pete. In fact, few teams in the history of the league can point to a period of success remotely close to what he's brought.

But sure, let's talk about how quickly we can run him out of town and replace him with that dynamite proven dude who will obviously just get it far better than Pete.

It's about as silly as those who call for Russ's head and wonder how much better we'd be if we had 'someone better' slinging the rock .

We are blessed with an all time franchise , and nfl great coach, front office , qb, lb's, safety - and thats current day roster. Before that, we bid fairwell to more all time greats at safety, d line and RB. All assembled by this coach and this Front Office.

But yeah, let's ponder how much better it would be without them. Or how short we can make the slide before we kick him out the door.
This post should have been the first reply and then the thread closed. Actually the thread should have never been started, are you bored, or what?