What would it take for Wilson to win MVP?

John63

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1uhydrvl said:
Andy Reid just made Matt Moore look like a top 10-15 QB

Yeah they were talking about that and how it actually hurts Mahomess MVP/

rcaido

Reaction score
if only they won today. looks like erin is going to start leading soon in mvp talk. he sure loves to pad his stats.

John63

Reaction score
rcaido":2olalxvt said:
if only they won today. looks like erin is going to start leading soon in mvp talk. he sure loves to pad his stats.
Well see. lots of season to go

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think Wilson winning MVP is a fairytale at this point, just by virtue of our head coach.

Realistically I don't think he is going to have the proper volume numbers at the end of the year to win MVP. It is just the way our head coach likes to do things. He is a big proponent of the running game, and as such Wilson won't have the same volume numbers as the other guys. In addition to that he needs to be efficient, and be heading a team that has is near the top of the NFL.

I don't see Wilson hitting all of those criteria. Unfortunately volume stats will matter in this race. The biggest obstacle for Wilson to overcome will be his own head coach.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It does seem like Pete is just WAY too afraid to go for the throat with a lead. Or, to just let Russ fling it. Clearly the Falcons couldn't stop the pass, up 24 zip there's no need to go conservative.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
LOL. Yea, we're just imagining the bias and lack of respect towards Russ. Nothing to see here

EIvJK8AWkAIg_ma

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2sipfao4 said:
LOL. Yea, we're just imagining the bias and lack of respect towards Russ. Nothing to see here

EIvJK8AWkAIg_ma
Kirk Cousins? Seriously? Kirk freakin' Cousins!!?? OK, that's just plain pathetic to have him there and not Russ. Kirk 2-9-1 vs. .500 or better teams Cousins??!!

HawkSince87

Reaction score
It will take a minor miracle for Russ to win MVP. I’ve been following the race pretty closely, reading lots of articles each week and everyone literally picks ANY OTHER player other than Russ when they have a good game. It’s a new flavor of the week every time for the pundits. 22/1 with a near 70% completion for Russ and has been consistent all season, but because Lamar Jackson just had a good game he’s the new front runner per an article I just read.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Trivia buffs, Wilson has won two Championships and been to two Super Bowls and one MLS Championship. MVP is nice but Champion may be better since he can share it with his wife.

rcaido

Reaction score
Looks like Wilson is now out of the MVP race. Even if Wilson has a big game tonight, next week Lamar Jackson vs Deshawn Watson. Whoever wins that will be the MVP leader.

nwHawk

Reaction score
One game at a time. Win and look real good - then keep the faith. The flame is still alive!

Rat

Reaction score
I know Lamar has become the new Andrew Luck and we're not allowed to admit that he's good, but damn, another great performance going against another good team. Lamar vs Russ could be fun down the stretch.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kind of look at it this way, you like looking at Marilyn Monroe versus Audrey Hepburn more, but as a actor you have to go with Audrey.

Everyone likes what the see with Jackson, and it's working right now. The stuff that isn't flashy with Wilson is more refined and much more reliable.

John63

Reaction score
Lets look at the stats I will estimate for Jackson base don today's performance

Wilson 2737 passing yards, 68.5 complt%, 8.4 ypa, 23 tds, 2 ints, 114.9 Qb rating, 256 rushing yards, 3 tds

Jackson 2289g passing yards, 66.4 complt%, 8.1 ypa, 19tds, 5 ints, 103.4 qb rating, 702 rushign yards, 6 tds

So by stats they are kind of close. So then it will come down to how you see them. For me I then look at schedule difficulty and consistency.

Sea hawks had a top 5 hardest schedule, Baltimore 18th

Then consistency

Wilson has had 8 games with a QB rating over 100, 9 over 85, 1 below 85, 1 below 70, 0 below 60
Jackson has had 5 games over 100, 6 over 85, 4 below 85, 2 below 70, 1 below 60

So for me while the stats are kind of close, the difficulty and consistency goes to Wilson.

That said even if Wilson keep it up Jackson will win, he is east cast, he is the shinny new toy, and he is more exciting than Wilson, and gets more play on the networks than Wilson. Also, their team destroys people while are style makes us barely win most games.

Rat

Reaction score
Ravens have wins against the Patriots, Seahawks, and Texans. Not like they havn't been tested. When you win six in a row, it's about a lot more than being the "shiny new toy". In recent years, the vet players have won more than the young guys anyway. Four of the past six have been older than Russ is now.

Rat

Reaction score

John63

Reaction score
Rat":2fqbaokw said:
Ravens have wins against the Patriots, Seahawks, and Texans. Not like they havn't been tested. When you win six in a row, it's about a lot more than being the "shiny new toy". In recent years, the vet players have won more than the young guys anyway. Four of the past six have been older than Russ is now.

Lol does kot changebhon being the shiny new toy is not part of it. Also we have big wins also.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":2b70z4o3 said:
John63":2b70z4o3 said:
Sea hawks had a top 5 hardest schedule, Baltimore 18th

Do you have a link showing the Seahawks have had a top-5 hardest schedule?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/rankin ... h-by-other 14th according to this one.

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/streng ... hedule.php 19th according to this one.

Those were the first two that came up on my google search. Maybe some others rate it much harder for some reason.

The problem is you looking at as of today, were were they at the. Beginning of the year. As to link, it was said on ESPN radio a couple of days ago.

Latest posts