What would it take for Wilson to win MVP?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As of right now, Jackson is in the lead, and that's fine. Plenty of ball to play. Hopefully he balls out again vs. Santa Clara.

beaumaris

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":39yv9eki said:
I can't imagine any player who is more VALUABLE to his team than Russ. That's not a homer opinion, that's just reality. If you're gonna' call it Most Valuable Player, it should be just that.
Absolutely on the money. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Rat":1qm8q5eu said:
Seanhawk":1qm8q5eu said:
Scorpion05":1qm8q5eu said:
Rat":1qm8q5eu said:
Good point. Mahomes was propped up so much last year by Kansas City being in Delaware.

That’s adorable. But at some point you’re going to have to actually use logic and reason. Or not, being snarky is cool too, though it doesn’t say much about your reasoning skills.

Although, I get that pretending media bias doesn’t exist works for you. Doesn’t change the round the clock media coverage and hype Russ has never gotten. Compared to Mahomes, Rodgers, and Lamar at different points over the years. Pay objective attention to the coverage this week.

Can you blame the media for all the coverage on Mahomes last year? I don't think it was over the top considering it was basically his rookie year and he threw 50 TDs. 50. If Russ has done that in his rookie year, I guarantee you he would have received just as much coverage.

In addition to those 50 TDs, Mahomes also had more than 5000 passing yards, considerable rushing yards, and led his team to a 12-4 record and the No. 1 seed in the AFC, but no, it was because he was the "shiny new toy" (forgetting that 4 of the past 6 MVPs were older than Russ is now, with the exceptions being Mahomes and a man who posted a 45 TD season for a 15-1 team), and because of all the "east coast bias" his AFC West squad received.

Oh wait, that was me not using "logic" or "reasoning" again. What I meant was "bUt tHe MeDiA!!!!".

Good to know your marketing Mahomes hard on Net. tp make sure he gets his props also. :)

minormillikin

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3aa82gs1 said:
I can't imagine any player who is more VALUABLE to his team than Russ. That's not a homer opinion, that's just reality. If you're gonna' call it Most Valuable Player, it should be just that.

McCaffrey fits this description too. Panthers would barely have a yard on offense without him. When we play them this year we should throw all 11 guys at him all game long.

Another note: I can't recall a season where everyone was bringing up MVP all year long like this one. From this forum to the local media to the national media, it's the most I've ever seen people bring it up.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Russ WILL NOT get MVP over Jackson. I based this on the media slobfest going on for both Jackson and his team.
No matter. I wouldn’t trade him for Russ. No way, no how.
MVP is just a media popularity contest anyways. I am sure Russ would have another ring over MVP anyways.
One thing that has been consistent this year is Russ. I know the D has improved the last few games but I still don’t have confidence that this is a SB worthy D. I have always felt that D is the most important factor to win SBs.
I really, really hope I am wrong about this team. They have outperformed expectations this season. I am praying they keep it up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1s7xfaey said:
Russ WILL NOT get MVP over Jackson. I based this on the media slobfest going on for both Jackson and his team..

You mean the fact that Jackson's the most electric player in the NFL right now and worthy of being the frontrunner for the MVP?

Russell's also been awesome this year, but since the amazing throw to Tyler in the corner of the endzone in the Rams game, when's the last "OMG!" play he had. He has not been all that great the past 2-3 games. Good, but the same level of amazing plays and throws as earlier in the year when he was the MVP frontrunner.

THAT'S what wins MVP races. You not only have to put up the stats, but you have to have the kind of buzz that makes national media members take notice.

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2xz8wonm said:
Seahwkgal":2xz8wonm said:
Russ WILL NOT get MVP over Jackson. I based this on the media slobfest going on for both Jackson and his team..

You mean the fact that Jackson's the most electric player in the NFL right now and worthy of being the frontrunner for the MVP?

Russell's also been awesome this year, but since the amazing throw to Tyler in the corner of the endzone in the Rams game, when's the last "OMG!" play he had. He has not been all that great the past 2-3 games. Good, but the same level of amazing plays and throws as earlier in the year when he was the MVP frontrunner.

THAT'S what wins MVP races. You not only have to put up the stats, but you have to have the kind of buzz that makes national media members take notice.

I read earlier that it has been four games since the Ravens last punted on a drive where Lamar was the QB. That's a pretty buzzworthy stat.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":kc2gakhd said:
Seahwkgal":kc2gakhd said:

You wrote all that drivel when we basically agree. Hope you feel better now after exercising your fingers. :stirthepot: ;)

John63

Reaction score
Well jackson had a okay game at best. So here is the opening.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
John63":v8tsg6v9 said:
Well jackson had a okay game at best. So here is the opening.

The narrative is "Jackson widens lead on MVP by beating a good team even when not at his best"

Rat

Reaction score
Neither really separated themselves from the other this week. Both had excellent wins against very good teams, but didnt look amazing in the process. Things should pretty much be where they were last week.

Deshaun Watson likely helped himself most, but is still a distant third at best. Could get himself in that mix if he strings a few of these together and the Texans finish with a high seed.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Rat":1u3acii2 said:
Neither really separated themselves from the other this week. Both had excellent wins against very good teams, but didnt look amazing in the process. Things should pretty much be where they were last week.

Deshaun Watson likely helped himself most, but is still a distant third at best. Could get himself in that mix if he strings a few of these together and the Texans finish with a high seed.

I wouldn't disagree with this at all and also wouldn't disagree that Jackson should be leading at this point. Still find the narrative ridiculous though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":19xg8q9b said:
Sgt. Largent":19xg8q9b said:
Seahwkgal":19xg8q9b said:

You wrote all that drivel when we basically agree. Hope you feel better now after exercising your fingers. :stirthepot: ;)

Exercise is healthy!

My post was directed at your "media slobfest for Jackson"........cause again we have to perpetuate the false narrative that somehow the media loves everyone else, and not us. Cause...........?

The media's slobbering over Jackson because he's deserving of the slobbering. Just as Russell was deserving of the slobbering earlier this year, and all of last night as both Booger and Tessitore gushed over Russell pretty much all night.

Chapow

Reaction score
Rat":2ju5xk7b said:
Sgt. Largent":2ju5xk7b said:
Seahwkgal":2ju5xk7b said:

I read earlier that it has been four games since the Ravens last punted on a drive where Lamar was the QB. That's a pretty buzzworthy stat.

Jackson is also on pace to absolutely shatter the the all-time record for rushing yards by a quarterback in a season.

That record was set by Michael Vick in 2006 with 1039 rushing yards. That is also the only 1000+ rushing yard season ever by a QB.

Jackson currently has 977 rushing yards with 4 games left to play.

Rat

Reaction score
The way some of you talk, with the inferences that Lamar is all flash and no substance, the constant whining about media "narratives" (or whatever the buzz word of the week is), and the frequent use of the phrase "shiny new toy", you would think he was racking up empty stats on a 5-7 team. Last I looked, Lamar is the catalyst for a 10-2 squad that currently holds the 1 seed in the AFC.

He is an absolute nightmare for defensive coaches. Even if you sell out to stop his running, he has the ability to gash you with his arm as well. And that's without a high-end group of wideouts. How many people can even name two players in the Ravens passing attack without looking it up? Lamar would probably kill for Tyler Lockett. If you don't think he is having an absolutely exceptional season, I don't see how anyone can take you seriously.

Let's stop acting like every good thing said about Lamar is somehow an insult of Russ. The fact that Lamar is having such a ridiculously fantastic season and Russ is STILL considered one of the two MVP front runners should be seen as an enormous compliment.

Latest posts