What would it take for Wilson to win MVP?

Rat

Reaction score
John63":3jiksal4 said:
Rat":3jiksal4 said:
John63":3jiksal4 said:
Sea hawks had a top 5 hardest schedule, Baltimore 18th

Do you have a link showing the Seahawks have had a top-5 hardest schedule?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/rankin ... h-by-other 14th according to this one.

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/streng ... hedule.php 19th according to this one.

Those were the first two that came up on my google search. Maybe some others rate it much harder for some reason.

The problem is you looking at as of today, were were they at the. Beginning of the year. As to link, it was said on ESPN radio a couple of days ago.

I'm not finding a single site showing we've played a top 5 hardest schedule based on how the teams we have played so far have performed. So, you don't have one that says otherwise?

Rat

Reaction score
John63":1pe2vlkk said:
Rat":1pe2vlkk said:
Ravens have wins against the Patriots, Seahawks, and Texans. Not like they havn't been tested. When you win six in a row, it's about a lot more than being the "shiny new toy". In recent years, the vet players have won more than the young guys anyway. Four of the past six have been older than Russ is now.

Lol does kot changebhon being the shiny new toy is not part of it. Also we have big wins also.

Our second biggest win was against a 5-4 Rams team, and we needed their normally reliable kicker to miss a 41-yarder. Better hope they win tonight or we're down to just one win against a team with a winning record.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":3sg6wc9k said:
John63":3sg6wc9k said:
Rat":3sg6wc9k said:
John63":3sg6wc9k said:
Sea hawks had a top 5 hardest schedule, Baltimore 18th

Do you have a link showing the Seahawks have had a top-5 hardest schedule?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/rankin ... h-by-other 14th according to this one.

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/streng ... hedule.php 19th according to this one.

Those were the first two that came up on my google search. Maybe some others rate it much harder for some reason.

The problem is you looking at as of today, were were they at the. Beginning of the year. As to link, it was said on ESPN radio a couple of days ago.

I'm not finding a single site showing we've played a top 5 hardest schedule based on how the teams we have played so far have performed. So, you don't have one that says otherwise?

Actually I did and it was the 2nd half schedule not the whole

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/28/seattle-seahawks-have-nfls-toughest-remaining-schedule/
I knew I saw something I just mis read it

John63

Reaction score
Rat":1l983fk4 said:
John63":1l983fk4 said:
Rat":1l983fk4 said:
Ravens have wins against the Patriots, Seahawks, and Texans. Not like they havn't been tested. When you win six in a row, it's about a lot more than being the "shiny new toy". In recent years, the vet players have won more than the young guys anyway. Four of the past six have been older than Russ is now.

Lol does kot changebhon being the shiny new toy is not part of it. Also we have big wins also.

Our second biggest win was against a 5-4 Rams team, and we needed their normally reliable kicker to miss a 41-yarder. Better hope they win tonight or we're down to just one win against a team with a winning record.

I don't need to hope anything the FACT is Wilson has better passing numbers period.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Listening to the hype machine today it sounds like Wilson would need to be absolutely perfect every play of every game in order to even have a shot at the MVP.

John63

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2h6ohz2m said:
Listening to the hype machine today it sounds like Wilson would need to be absolutely perfect every play of every game in order to even have a shot at the MVP.

And there lies the big issue, due to location, time we play, Jackson being the shinny new thing, etc it will be tough for Wilson. Thats said we will see.

Mizak

Reaction score
Please, Jackson is frontrunner for MvP. Has Wilson faced any Top 10 defenses? Has Jackson? Oh wait, we saw Jackson completely destroy that Patriot D secondary.

Wilson needs to one up Jackson.

John63

Reaction score
Mizak":2n07f2on said:
Please, Jackson is frontrunner for MvP. Has Wilson faced any Top 10 defenses? Has Jackson? Oh wait, we saw Jackson completely destroy that Patriot D secondary.

FYI Wilson just beat SF a top 2 defense. NO is top 5, So thats 2 LOL

Now if we go by defensive DVOA then Wilson has faced SF, Pit, LAR, NO all top 10 thats 4, meanwhile Jackson has faced NE, Pit, thats onlly 2

FYI I am not sure 163 yards passing is destroying a secondary, LOL

Again lets look at the facts

Wilson 2737 passing yards, 68.5 complt%, 8.4 ypa, 23 tds, 2 ints, 114.9 Qb rating, 256 rushing yards, 3 tds

Jackson 2258 passing yards, 66.4 complt%, 8.1 ypa, 19tds, 5 ints, 103.4 qb rating, 702 rushign yards, 6 tds

Wilson has had 8 games with a QB rating over 100, 9 over 85, 1 below 85, 1 below 70, 0 below 60
Jackson has had 5 games over 100, 6 over 85, 4 below 85, 2 below 70, 1 below 60

The numbers are close but it comes down to consistency Wilson ha sit. That said again East coast, shinny new thing, etc etc.

Amazing how much different it looks with all the facts Ahh.

cymatica

Reaction score
Mizak":2u48oes8 said:

You act as though Jackson single handedly beat the pats. He has a great team, in all phases, around him. He has a very good oline. He has an offense taylor made to accentuate his quickness and speed. Wilson has done more with less. They both have the same record, yet Wilson has dealt with much more adversity.

Switch the QBs around. Who looks better, Wilson on the Ravens or Jackson on the Seahawks. Put them on just about any team together and Wilson is the starter. Let's see if Jackson can be the world beater he is when defenses scheme that offense or when he loses speed

John63

Reaction score
cymatica":kawjnyn0 said:
Mizak":kawjnyn0 said:

You act as though Jackson single-handed beat the pats. He has a great team, in all phases, around him. He has a very good oline. He has an offense Taylor made to accentuate his quickness and speed. Wilson has done more with less. They both have the same record, yet Wilson has dealt with much more adversity.

Switch the QBs around. Who looks better, Wilson on the Ravens or Jackson on the Seahawks. Put them on just about any team together and Wilson is the starter. Let's see if Jackson can be the world beater he is when defenses scheme that offense or when he loses speed

Good points lets look at that for a minute

Seattle defense ranking by yards- 28th, by points-23, by DVOA-22nd
Baltimore by yards-11, by points-14, by DVOA-14

Hmm all Baltimore

Oline
Baltimore ranked 6th for run, 17th for pass
Seattle ranked 20th run, 20th pass

Again Baltimore

RBs
Seattle 10
Balt 6

Hmm, Baltimore!

Special Teams
Seattle 28th

Balt 5th

Hmm Baltimore

QB
Stats have been listed so DVOA
Seattle 3
Balt 9

Hmm Seattle

So Basically Balt has the advantage in every category except QB HMMM

All stats' courtesy of ESPN and footballoutsiders

Rat

Reaction score
Vegas odds are interesting, and more or less express a two-man race:

Lamar 7-5
Russ 2-1
Rodgers 9-1
Mahomes 10-1
Prescott 10-1
Cousins 15-1
McCaffrey 20-1
Watson 20-1

Keep in mind, these are Vegas odds, not a current analysis of who they think deserves it. These are just to make money, but still interesting. If I HAD to put money on something, that Cousins at 15-1 is a little intriguing if the Vikings finish strong.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":2elo5vi7 said:
Vegas odds are interesting, and more or less express a two-man race:

Lamar 7-5
Russ 2-1
Rodgers 9-1
Mahomes 10-1
Prescott 10-1
Cousins 15-1
McCaffrey 20-1
Watson 20-1

Keep in mind, these are Vegas odds, not a current analysis of who they think deserves it. These are just to make money, but still interesting. If I HAD to put money on something, that Cousins at 15-1 is a little intriguing if the Vikings finish strong.

IF both Jackson and Wilson perform as expected, even though both teams will have the same record, and Wilson will have the better stats. Jackson will win. He is east coast and most of the voters are east coast. The last time Wilson was in the running most admitted they had only seen a couple of our games, while they saw all of the winners games. Like ti or not their is an east coast bias if for no other reason then when the games are on.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Every time it’s someone new to try to place over Wilson. Before it was Mahomes, then it was Christian McCaffrey. Now it’s Lamar Jackson. Even though Lamar Jackson’s O-line is ranked near the top, and Seattle’s is ranked near the bottom.

But, what did you expect. Nothing Wilson has ever done is enough to gain respect.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Rat":1ws13isz said:
John63":1ws13isz said:
Rat":1ws13isz said:

Didn’t Meyers miss a FG that game? Didn’t we fumble like twice.

Hilarious how all the mistakes by the other team, but not our mistakes, makes the Seahawks lucky. Never the other way around

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Jackson has pretty much already won it, the way he's being talking about 24/7. Sounds like the media will likely get what they want. Shoot, I love watching the guy play, he's damn good. But Russ has never once received an MVP vote, not once. :roll:

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":31prxiop said:
Jackson has pretty much already won it, the way he's being talking about 24/7. Sounds like the media will likely get what they want. Shoot, I love watching the guy play, he's damn good. But Russ has never once received an MVP vote, not once. :roll:

Agreed but we will see what happens next week. It only takes 1 bad game for everything to change. Also remember Wilson did not play last week so there is no counter narrative.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3qydyhbr said:

During and after the 9ers game, there was a lot of discussion around RW and the MVP race.

Their is already a narrative around Wilson, and the understanding that this is his best year so far. It doesn't get the traction of Jackson or Mahomes for obvious reasons.. Wilson already had his breakout years.

It's no conspiracy or campaign, just simple marketing

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. Not gonna' let myself assume anything. JS not winning exec of the year once is next level stupid. Let alone Pete not getting COY once. But hey, Arians Nation got it twice :roll: