What would it take for Wilson to win MVP?

chris98251

Reaction score
LJ is in a much more dynamic situation, Wilson means more because we play close and don't blow out teams with keeping the pressure on with our offense and have our bend not break defense. We were at our best with an attacking defense that Quinn implemented with basically the same scheme.

The fact that I have seen players ask Pete if we can score more tells me about the conservative aspect of our offense.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Lamar was not in the lead for MVP before tonight. Now he is.

He’s leading Russell by two touchdowns though. Before, Russell led the entire league in touchdowns. While some of you were still arguing Russell wasn’t in the lead.

Lamar’s amazing game tonight will have the media and public raving. Again, he’s only leading by two touchdowns, but they’ll say Lamar is “running away with it.”

Do I still believe Russ has had a better overall season? Yes, Russ is playing the Qb position the best it’s been played in years. In a tougher division, worse O-line, and had to overcome more obstacles the first 9 games than Lamar. Doesn’t matter though. MVP is as much a popularity/narrative award as it is a stats award. Lamar, FINALLY, took the lead in stats

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Rat":3hhzdu6g said:
Damn east coast bias causing another good game for Lamar.

East coast bias is the reason you’ll see hype and Mahomes like media coverage Russ didn’t get from weeks 1-9 :lol:

Stick to your talking points though

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Zero chance after tonight, unless Lamar gets caught murdering a hooker. His running is so reckless, I don't see him making it through another season without getting a serious injury. Being a reckless runner is making defenses have to respect him more, which is making it easier for him to throw, but that can't last forever.

Rat

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2958tlsp said:
Rat":2958tlsp said:

East coast bias is the reason you’ll see hype and Mahomes like media coverage Russ didn’t get from weeks 1-9 :lol:

Good point. Mahomes was propped up so much last year by Kansas City being in Delaware.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I told you guys back in post #10 of this thread, in answer to the thread title -
"Seattle would have to move south by at least 500 miles and east by at least 1000 miles."
And, it's still true.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wilson is probably the best passer there is this season, but he's getting smoked as a pure playmaker by Jackson. I don't know why you guys do this to yourselves. You can argue all sorts of things and stats and bullshit, but the NFL is about money. If the average fan across the nation is going to watch a given player not on their team, then they watch the most entertaining player out there that puts up tons of points and huge plays. This, coincidentally, is also what makes the league money, which rules the friggin world.

So you can say all sorts of tin foil hat crap about whatever, but live in the real world and follow the money. The player that lights up the scoreboard gets the ratings and makes the league money.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I want Russ to win the MVP as much as anyone, but right now Jackson is playing out of his freakin' mind. The only hope I see for Russ to reclaim the front-running position is if Jackson gets injured. I would never wish injury on any player but it's worth noting the dude looks 190 pounds wet with twigs for legs.

Just. Sayin'.

:stirthepot:

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I think Lamar Jackson is the MVP. But Russell Wilson is playing awesome also and is well deserving of it too. It's a vote and a popularity contest to some extent. So who knows who the real MVP is ever? But at least Wilson is playing outstanding and your team is doing really good. He is always a great QB. But this year he seems to be playing at an even higher level.

chris98251

Reaction score
Many say Wilson plays Hero ball, he does, we just have a guy that's playing Super Hero ball right now in the same season.

AirStrike

Reaction score
After last nights game it’s Jackson’s to lose. There’s no way with all the East coast bias, hype and their current record that he loses it unless they lose out.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1eyaa7oz said:
I told you guys back in post #10 of this thread, in answer to the thread title -
"Seattle would have to move south by at least 500 miles and east by at least 1000 miles."
And, it's still true.

No, it's not. Jackson is unstoppable right now and it's not east coast bias. Wilson has had a couple of "meh" games in a row (2 TDs, 2 INTs) one of which was on primetime, and a bye. Over that stretch of three weeks, pure passing numbers Jackson has had 12 TDs and zero interceptions. It's your Seahawk goggles clouding your judgement here. Wilson can get back in it if he tears it up from here on out and Jackson comes back to earth a bit.

Besides, did I miss when the Seahawks moved south 500 miles and east 1000 miles back in 2005?

quadsas

Reaction score
Its Lamar's to lose at this point, last two games weren't great for Russ

themunn

Reaction score
Jackson has taken a clear step ahead after this weekend, but has a tough game ahead against the 49ers, while Wilson is at home to the Vikings. Now, Wilson had one of his all time worst games last year against the Vikes, so it's' no gimme, but he has an opportunity to take a leap back in front if Jackson falters and he plays well.

If Wilson connects with Metcalf and Hollister for those 2 TDs they're probably still level in the MVP race, so I don't think there's that much between them still. If Lockett is back to full speed and Carson can go 60 minutes without a fumble then I think Wilson has a good chance to wrestle it back to himself.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Rat":2xk3hbdw said:
Scorpion05":2xk3hbdw said:
Rat":2xk3hbdw said:

Good point. Mahomes was propped up so much last year by Kansas City being in Delaware.

That’s adorable. But at some point you’re going to have to actually use logic and reason. Or not, being snarky is cool too, though it doesn’t say much about your reasoning skills.

Although, I get that pretending media bias doesn’t exist works for you. Doesn’t change the round the clock media coverage and hype Russ has never gotten. Compared to Mahomes, Rodgers, and Lamar at different points over the years. Pay objective attention to the coverage this week.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1p7ggbso said:
Rat":1p7ggbso said:
Scorpion05":1p7ggbso said:
Rat":1p7ggbso said:

That’s adorable. But at some point you’re going to have to actually use logic and reason. Or not, being snarky is cool too, though it doesn’t say much about your reasoning skills.

Although, I get that pretending media bias doesn’t exist works for you. Doesn’t change the round the clock media coverage and hype Russ has never gotten. Compared to Mahomes, Rodgers, and Lamar at different points over the years. Pay objective attention to the coverage this week.

Can you blame the media for all the coverage on Mahomes last year? I don't think it was over the top considering it was basically his rookie year and he threw 50 TDs. 50. If Russ has done that in his rookie year, I guarantee you he would have received just as much coverage.

Rat

Reaction score
Scorpion05":r5zqx1hi said:
Rat":r5zqx1hi said:
Scorpion05":r5zqx1hi said:
Rat":r5zqx1hi said:

That’s adorable. But at some point you’re going to have to actually use logic and reason. Or not, being snarky is cool too, though it doesn’t say much about your reasoning.

Being a paranoid broken record that whines non-stop about media coverage, and putting your fingers in your ears when the outlets do talk him up is hardly "logic" and "reasoning".

beaumaris

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fojqq6yb said:
I can't imagine any player who is more VALUABLE to his team than Russ. That's not a homer opinion, that's just reality. If you're gonna' call it Most Valuable Player, it should be just that.
Absolutely on the money. :2thumbs:

Rat

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2ue3ttx4 said:
Scorpion05":2ue3ttx4 said:
Rat":2ue3ttx4 said:
Scorpion05":2ue3ttx4 said:

Can you blame the media for all the coverage on Mahomes last year? I don't think it was over the top considering it was basically his rookie year and he threw 50 TDs. 50. If Russ has done that in his rookie year, I guarantee you he would have received just as much coverage.

In addition to those 50 TDs, Mahomes also had more than 5000 passing yards, considerable rushing yards, and led his team to a 12-4 record and the No. 1 seed in the AFC, but no, it was because he was the "shiny new toy" (forgetting that 4 of the past 6 MVPs were older than Russ is now, with the exceptions being Mahomes and a man who posted a 45 TD season for a 15-1 team), and because of all the "east coast bias" his AFC West squad received.

Oh wait, that was me not using "logic" or "reasoning" again. What I meant was "bUt tHe MeDiA!!!!".