What would it take for Wilson to win MVP?

xray

Reaction score
it's a " what have you done lately " . If the Hawks don't make post season and then some ; Wilson won't get it again .

John63

Reaction score
LymonHawk":11rn2otn said:
John63":11rn2otn said:
McGruff":11rn2otn said:
Mahomes would excell in any system.

Not sure the same could be said about Russell.

And yes, Mahomes on our team would make us better. And make Mahomes look worse.

But regardless, it is what it is. Mahomes playing better.

Any your proof he would excdl.in any system.is what? You cant prove it as he has only been in 1 system. Your opinion is your opinion but when you act ike it is a fact you will get called on it. Till Mahomea proves he can perform in other systems you dont know.

Fyi wilson out played and out dulled Mahomes when they played.

Spellcheck is your friend.

And yet you could still undestand what I said, so go be the spelling police some place else.

McGruff

Reaction score
People calling for "facts" while discounting every conceivable measurement for judging QB play objectively is hilarious.

John63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3k7mpzsn said:
I'm with @McGruff here, Mahomes is pretty much beyond anyone I've ever seen play the position (since 1964) considering the number of NFL games he's played. He's treading ground that we've not seen trod before. The only guy remotely close to having this kind of impact at such and inexperienced level was Marino and really even that's quite a stretch.

That said, if you want to give an "MVP" Russ is every bit his equal because an MVP is "most valuable" not "best" and Russ is very, very valuable to this franchise. To me he's as valuable to his team as Mahomes is to his.

All that said, it's early folks. Take a step back and hope his performance continues and the team wins at a high rate and let the awards sort themselves out. I would wager that despite probably liking the attention and accolades like most people, Russ still would place winning at a higher level of importance.

Agree on MVP disagree on Mahomes. When he does it in another system with less talent around him maybe. Right now I would take Wilson, he has proven he can with with almost nothing. Mahomes has not...yet.

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":3uq4u7n4 said:
People calling for "facts" while discounting every conceivable measurement for judging QB play objectively is hilarious.

When they provide them we can discuss but they have not. I have.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":12j00mu1 said:
And in every case you mention, those guys were overhyped.

Mahomes isnt over hyped. He is appropriately hyped.

I do believe this is overhype. He doesn't even have a year and a half and you are ready to put him in Canton. He may well be that good but not yet. 1 great season makes a great season. Not the best ever. When he has put as many great years as Russel then you can mention them in the same sentence. Till then he is very good player who may be great but not on the same level as Russell.

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":2djo9np3 said:
McGruff":2djo9np3 said:

Want to see him in Dolphins uniform and have you still hold to these statements.
Yep ; not the best support system for Wilson .

McGruff

Reaction score
John63":2clmh855 said:
McGruff":2clmh855 said:

What facts have you provided?

McGruff

Reaction score
Facts.

Last year Mahomes had more yards, Touchdowns . . . Volume? Sure.

Okay, more YPA, better completion percentage, higher rating.

Better cast. Sure. I buy that.

But the year before in 2017, the chiefs were 10-6 with 415 points scored. Same system, largely the same personnel. In 2018 with Mahomes, 150 more points and 12 wins. Huge difference.

And he has continued in year two. Shattering records for young QB, records Russ used to hold.

You guys seem to think this means Russ sucks or I'm not a fan. Hes fantastic. Always has been. He keeps getting better. Best year ever. No doubt.

But Mahomes is better. Period.

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":3syi16wn said:
John63":3syi16wn said:
McGruff":3syi16wn said:

Reading its fundamental but since that seems to be a problem, ONLY PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY TO ACCOUNT FOR OVER 80% OF HIS TEAMS IFFENSIVE YARDS AND IVER 95% OF HIS TEAMS OFFENSUVE TDS. Fyi had a winning record, was the leading rusher, 28th ranked oline. Those are called facts.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
John63":mptwkskm said:
LymonHawk":mptwkskm said:
John63":mptwkskm said:
McGruff":mptwkskm said:

Any your proof he would excdl.in any system.is what? You cant prove it as he has only been in 1 system. Your opinion is your opinion but when you act ike it is a fact you will get called on it. Till Mahomea proves he can perform in other systems you dont know.

Fyi wilson out played and out dulled Mahomes when they played.

Spellcheck is your friend.

And yet you could still undestand what I said, so go be the spelling police some place else.
LOL! :lol:

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":1xr6gxeq said:
Facts.

But the year before in 2017, the chiefs were 10-6 with 415 points scored. Same system, largely the same personnel. In 2018 with Mahomes, 150 more points and 12 wins. Huge difference.

And he has continued in year two. Shattering records for young QB, records Russ used to hold.

You guys seem to think this means Russ sucks or I'm not a fan. Hes fantastic. Always has been. He keeps getting better. Best year ever. No doubt.

Ahh so 2 wins is a huge difference for a QB that is supposedly light years ahead of anyone else. Hmm

Fyi my problem is saying mahomes is way better, or can perform in any systems whwen the fact dont show that. As to last year great but 1 year does not prove much ask RG3. As to year 2 one year not over. 2 he is not leading In all those categories now.

McGruff

Reaction score
John63":3uykbwfy said:
McGruff":3uykbwfy said:
John63":3uykbwfy said:
McGruff":3uykbwfy said:

Reading its fundamental but since that seems to be a problem, ONLY PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY TO ACCOUNT FOR OVER 80% OF HIS TEAMS IFFENSIVE YARDS AND IVER 95% OF HIS TEAMS OFFENSUVE TDS. Fyi had a winning record, was the leading rusher, 28th ranked oline. Those are called facts.

So in 2017 Russ should've been MVP.

Cool. Okay.

What year is it?

McGruff

Reaction score
John63":2ihxwgao said:
McGruff":2ihxwgao said:
Facts.

Ahh so 2 wins is a huge difference for a QB that is supposedly light years ahead of anyone else. Hmm

Fyi my problem is saying mahomes is way better, or can perform in any systems whwen the fact dont show that. As to last year great but 1 year does not prove much ask RG3. As to year 2 one year not over. 2 he is not leading In all those categories now.

Okay. Facts dont show Russ could succeed anywhere else either.

And what was the difference in wins between Tavaris Jackson and Russ?

justafan

Reaction score
I havent watched every game the chiefs played with whatshisname but I have watched every game Russ has played, usually 2 or 3 times and I wouldnt trade him for any QB in the league. He could walk away right now and he is a HOFer.

No shame in finishing second in MVP but he should be this year if we continue winning.

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":eryyjksz said:
John63":eryyjksz said:
McGruff":eryyjksz said:
John63":eryyjksz said:

So in 2017 Russ should've been MVP.

Cool. Okay.

What year is it?

Way to ignore the point. If Mahomea is so much better than Wilson then he would have done it wouldn't he. But he did not.

jmahon316

Reaction score
McGruff":10z2yp4m said:
Facts.

How about we wait a few years to see if Mahomes is consistent on a long-term basis before we claim he's "better" than Wilson. I seem to recall everyone thinking Rawls was the next beast mode until his injury that cut that conversation short.

McGruff

Reaction score
Russ didn't do it because he could. He did it because he had to.

And to say anyone has to do that in order to "PROVE" themselves is ridiculous. Its historic because NO ONE WANTS TO DO IT THAT WAY.

McGruff

Reaction score
jmahon316":3ettum65 said:
McGruff":3ettum65 said:
Facts.

How about we wait a few years to see if Mahomes is consistent on a long-term basis before we claim he's "better" than Wilson. I seem to recall everyone thinking Rawls was the next beast mode until his injury that cut that conversation short.

Of course hes go to prove it.

But does that mean no 2nd or 3rd or 4th year player should ever win MVP?

Just call it the really awesome old fart award and give it to Chris-postcode everyear?

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":8jnf56tn said:
John63":8jnf56tn said:
McGruff":8jnf56tn said:
Facts.

Okay. Facts dont show Russ could succeed anywhere else either.

And what was the difference in wins between Tavaris Jackson and Russ?

Incorrect as we went to a more pass orientated system for a year or 2 and he still performed well.