What would it take for Wilson to win MVP?

chris98251

Reaction score
McGruff":1bux07ts said:
chris98251":1bux07ts said:
Play in Dallas, L. A market or New York, but they will give him the Mr. Congeniality award.

I know you love to whine about east coast bias, and sometimes it works that way.

But this isnt one of them.

Wilson will come in 2nd to Mahomes because Mahomes is just flat out better.

Not Even close,McNabb looked great in Reids system also, then Reid got fired and McNabb became a guy.

Mahomes is a good QB, better then McNabb better then Smith who also looked all world in that system, I would love to see how Mahomes deals with adversity, pressure and win in a conservive offense.

McGruff

Reaction score
chris98251":2pwr46mo said:
McGruff":2pwr46mo said:
chris98251":2pwr46mo said:
Play in Dallas, L. A market or New York, but they will give him the Mr. Congeniality award.

I know you love to whine about east coast bias, and sometimes it works that way.

Not Even close,McNabb looked great in Reids system also, then Reid got fired and McNabb became a guy.

Mahomes is a good QB, better then McNabb better then Smith who also looked all world in that system, I would love to see how Mahomes deals with adversity, pressure and win in a conservive offense.

How many MVPs did McNabb and Smith win? I forgot the exact number . . .

Any objective observer can see that while Wilson is a fabulous quarterback, Mahomes is on another level.

It not a criticism or even a slight. Mahomes is just that much better than anyone playing.

Sorry, not sorry.

McGruff

Reaction score
And Smith never looked "all world" in any system.

He went from perfectly and exceedingly average to decently good under Reid.

Never would anyone have put him in the top 10 at any time.

Erebus

Reaction score
A lot of whiners on this site. I guess it’s true that half our fan base joined in 2012. Location has nothing to do with the MVP vote. It mattered in the 80s and 90s, but as the internet grew in popularity, everyone could see who’s good and who’s not. Shaun Alexander won the MVP in 2005. And the Seahawks get a lot more media attention now than they did in 2005.

I do think Mahomes is more likely to win simply because of volume. He throws a lot more than Russ, which leads to higher counting stats like yards and TDs.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hes also just playing at another level.

Just watch the games. Russ is awesome. No taking away from that.

But Mahomes is playing at a legendary level and shows no signs of stopping.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Mahomes excels in Reid’s system.

In Seattle, Russell Wilson is the system.

McGruff

Reaction score
Mahomes would excell in any system.

Not sure the same could be said about Russell.

And yes, Mahomes on our team would make us better. And make Mahomes look worse.

But regardless, it is what it is. Mahomes playing better.

jmahon316

Reaction score
I'm going to say this now.

The Chiefs didn't make it to the Superbowl, yet Mahomes was the face of Madden. It seems to me as if Wilson just has to beat Mahomes and every other QB in ratings at least by one or more to get MVP

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":ee8c2jbv said:

Really? Mahomes is playing better? Not to diminish Mahomes but Russell is playing on another level as well. To think Mahomes is head and shoulders above Russell is ridiculous. Both can be paying great. Mahomes is playing in a system designed for a quarterback to shine. Russell is making a systme shine designed for running backs. Mahomes is playing great but I would take Russell over him all day and every day. Mahomes has 1 1/4 years of doing well. Russ has how many years playing top level? Remember when Andrew Luck was better than Russ? Remember when Cam Newton was better than Russ? Remember when just about everyone was better than Russ? Mahomes may well be the second coming of christ but it will take hime several more years playing at a top level for me to believe it.

McGruff

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":31bullol said:
McGruff":31bullol said:

Really? Mahomes is playing better? Not to diminish Mahomes but Russell is playing on another level as well. To think Mahomes is head and shoulders above Russell is ridiculous. Both can be paying great. Mahomes is playing in a system designed for a quarterback to shine. Russell is making a systme shine designed for running backs. Mahomes is playing great but I would take Russell over him all day and every day. Mahomes has 1 1/4 years of doing well. Russ has how many years playing top level? Remember when Andrew Luck was better than Russ? Remember when Cam Newton was better than Russ? Remember when just about everyone was better than Russ? Mahomes may well be the second coming of christ but it will take hime several more years playing at a top level for me to believe it.

So when you say Russell is better than Mahomes, it does not diminish Mahomes.

But when I say Mahomes is better than Russell, it means Russell ismr playing great?

Hmmm . . .

And in every case you mention, those guys were overhyped.

Mahomes isnt over hyped. He is appropriately hyped.

All those accomplishments that Wilson had as a young quarterback that didnt get hyped, Mahomes is crushing. Absolutely crushing.

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":2pcuakwi said:
chris98251":2pcuakwi said:
McGruff":2pcuakwi said:
chris98251":2pcuakwi said:

How many MVPs did McNabb and Smith win? I forgot the exact number . . .

Any objective observer can see that while Wilson is a fabulous quarterback, Mahomes is on another level.

It not a criticism or even a slight. Mahomes is just that much better than anyone playing.

Sorry, not sorry.

Actually untrue however it is obvious you are not objective. Mahomes is good bu we dont know how good till he has to deal with a bottom 5 oline. No run game and not top 10 wrs
The mark.of an Elite qb is not how they do when all is great but how they do when things are bad. We have. Ot seen that with mahomes as he inherited a great team.

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":240n11ak said:
Hes also just playing at another level.

Just watch the games. Russ is awesome. No taking away from that.

But Mahomes is playing at a legendary level and shows no signs of stopping.

Again disagree Bd anyone who OBJECTIVELY watches the game would see that

chris98251

Reaction score
McGruff":16glghvm said:

Want to see him in Dolphins uniform and have you still hold to these statements.

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":hm6xfhik said:

Any your proof he would exxel n any system is what? You cant prove it as he has only been in 1 system. Your opinion is your opinion but when you act ike it is a fact you will get called on it. Till Mahomea proves he can perform in other systems you dont know.

Fyi wilson out played and out dulled Mahomes when they played.

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":2szg0cd7 said:
Year of The Hawk":2szg0cd7 said:
McGruff":2szg0cd7 said:

So when you say Russell is better than Mahomes, it does not diminish Mahomes.

But when I say Mahomes is better than Russell, it means Russell ismr playing great?

Hmmm . . .

And in every case you mention, those guys were overhyped.

Mahomes isnt over hyped. He is appropriately hyped.

All those accomplishments that Wilson had as a young quarterback that didnt get hyped, Mahomes is crushing. Absolutely crushing.

The difference is 1 you are on a seattle board and 2 you supply little facts and your opinion is tainted and you say things like they are facts that are not.

John63

Reaction score
Let's put this to bed.

ONLY PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY TO ACCOUNT FOR OVER 80% OF A TRAMS OFFENSIVE YARDS AND OVER 95% OF TEAMS OFFENSIVE TDS. Fyi he did this were he was the leading rusher and his oline was ranked 28th.

Mahomes is good, perhaps great, but he is not better than Wilson till he can do what Wilson did. You want to say 1 and 1a fine. But to say Mahomes is way better is factually wrong.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
The mark of a great QB is their leadership, their ability to stay cool under pressure, make the most with what they got, and just overall make the team better. RW checks all those boxes, Mahomes has yet to deal with the type of team Wilson had in '17.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
John63":eci2k3ee said:
McGruff":eci2k3ee said:

Any your proof he would excdl.in any system.is what? You cant prove it as he has only been in 1 system. Your opinion is your opinion but when you act ike it is a fact you will get called on it. Till Mahomea proves he can perform in other systems you dont know.

Fyi wilson out played and out dulled Mahomes when they played.

Spellcheck is your friend.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm with @McGruff here, Mahomes is pretty much beyond anyone I've ever seen play the position (since 1964) considering the number of NFL games he's played. He's treading ground that we've not seen trod before. The only guy remotely close to having this kind of impact at such and inexperienced level was Marino and really even that's quite a stretch.

That said, if you want to give an "MVP" Russ is every bit his equal because an MVP is "most valuable" not "best" and Russ is very, very valuable to this franchise. To me he's as valuable to his team as Mahomes is to his.

All that said, it's early folks. Take a step back and hope his performance continues and the team wins at a high rate and let the awards sort themselves out. I would wager that despite probably liking the attention and accolades like most people, Russ still would place winning at a higher level of importance.

Latest posts