What QB would you trade Wilson for at this point?

randomation

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":zot3y131 said:
2Cool4School":zot3y131 said:
Dereck carr , really dude?. Carr had a bad o line last year and was sacked the most in the league , and right now he has the best pass protection in the league. I really doubt he would do better than wilson. And about rivers, his team is 2-7 right now. So dont give me that BS about him doing better behind the hawks o line.

Derek Carr will be a Top 3 QB in 4-5 years.

Blaming Rivers for the 2-7 start is like blaming Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett for the 4-5 start. Rivers has played his ass off. Watch a game every once in awhile.

Wilson is playing better than any QB in football right now just wtf why do people want someone who threw for 130ish yards over someone who just dropped 5 tds and 16 in the last 4 games.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
What is it with dragging up old threads here?

If you have a point to make, make a new thread. Responding to opinions people had a month ago when things were quite different is pointless and assumes people are incapable of changing their mind. If you Hayworth got say in this thread you should have said it a month ago when it was relevant.

TXHawk

Reaction score
This thread is hilarious in retrospect.

Trading Wilson for a 39 year old Brady? Or Carr? Or Mariotta? That's insane.

Even trading him for Luck would be very questionable at this point. Wilson has been the better QB up to this point in their careers.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":383b7dvv said:

If you have a point to make, make a new thread. Responding to opinions people had a month ago when things were quite different is pointless and assumes people are incapable of changing their mind. If you Hayworth got say in this thread you should have said it a month ago when it was relevant.

Perhaps the value is in pointing out the silliness of overreacting, which this board can use as a corrective now and then. It should teach people to hedge their bets, and maybe to be slower to write, quicker to listen, and share opinions less confidently when the data isn't all in.

This goes for both extremes. Early in the season, RW wasn't playing up to the potential he has shown in previous years. There were many variables and reasons; it was far more complex than RW not being able to compete. Now, RW is playing at a previously unseen level. It's not sustainable, probably, but shows the potential is there. If he doesn't perform at this level in the future, I can envision some threads that think the sky is falling and he should be cut, even if we're winning.

Thus the importance of being able to pull the evidence back out and review it.

If you don't want what you think or feel to come back against you, don't say it or write it.

massari

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":38ixv1mn said:

So much wrong with your post it boggles my mind. Not even going to bother.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3ms6hhvi said:
KiwiHawk":3ms6hhvi said:

Perhaps the value is in pointing out the silliness of overreacting, which this board can use as a corrective now and then. It should teach people to hedge their bets, and maybe to be slower to write, quicker to listen, and share opinions less confidently when the data isn't all in.

This goes for both extremes. Early in the season, RW wasn't playing up to the potential he has shown in previous years. There were many variables and reasons; it was far more complex than RW not being able to compete. Now, RW is playing at a previously unseen level. It's not sustainable, probably, but shows the potential is there. If he doesn't perform at this level in the future, I can envision some threads that think the sky is falling and he should be cut, even if we're winning.

Thus the importance of being able to pull the evidence back out and review it.

If you don't want what you think or feel to come back against you, don't say it or write it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 538

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is why I'm not a GM and neither is anyone else on this board :D

Ozzy

Reaction score
Some of the earlier answers are hilarious at this point.

AVL

Reaction score
What's wrong with refreshing strong opinions presented as fact?

I encourage all posters on page one to revisit this thread.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3fstlj7y said:

Cause people like to "I told you so."

Of course they never resurrect the 50 threads they were wrong on, just these ones.

massari

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vhvpwld said:
KiwiHawk":1vhvpwld said:

Of course they never resurrect the 50 threads they were wrong on, just these ones.
Or perhaps the poster who "bumped" this thread was legitimately curious to know if these past 4 games has changed the minds of some?

Try not to be so delusional.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Great thread. Thanks to whoever bumped it. I must have missed it when it originally was posted but it was fun and interesting to read the variance in opinion.

I know myself I was wondering about who the real Wilson is and asking if it was him or the play calling that seemed off. I also wondered if many who said he is only good because of Lynch and our defense were masking his deficiencies so I can understand why some were not fully convinced a month ago, that Wilson really was a franchise QB.

It's great seeing what he is capable of with decent line play and an ppen play book. I think I can say without hesitation that if I were picking my team for the future with any and all prospects available, I would take Wilson #1 overall.

Luck might be better in our system than has been in the Colts but who really knows. He wouldn't be getting his stats padded by constantly playing the weakest opponents in the NFL and he also wouldn't be on a team that leads the league in free penalty yardage every year. He might just be worse given those parameters. We know how Wilson has been as well as what he is capable of.

Maybe if he wins a few more super bowl rings he might get the respect he deserves. Even from me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
massari":2zetz760 said:
Sgt. Largent":2zetz760 said:
KiwiHawk":2zetz760 said:

Or perhaps the poster who "bumped" this thread was legitimately curious to know if these past 4 games has changed the minds of some?

Delusion is far more interesting than reality.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":193e8e7l said:
KiwiHawk":193e8e7l said:

Two things.

1. When a thread is going off the rails in terms of over reaction, to the point a poster with 8000 posts would straight up trade russ for mariota or carr, or an aging roethlisberger, it is much more than 'I told you so' to resurrect the thread to point out that we as fans may not know what's best for the team, and that our opinion may be incredibly near sighted, so near sighted in fact it probably shouldn't enter the public realm. But hey, it's what a forum is kind of for i guess... Where else can we interact with such like minds who live, eat, and breathe the hawks for points and counter points?

But, what if russ goes off the rails the last three weeks, throws seventeen picks, and we miss the playoffs?. Then there is a little vindication for the haters/ over reactors. This scenario repeats infinitely. At some point he's coming back down to earth. Critics will rise again. Ultimately self incrimination via thread resurrection is a waiting game until you're right again.

For instance, should i resurrect all my Bevell hate now, or wait till the last play of the super bowl before i do so?. On the other hand, it was clearly important to the person who went back to revive this thread because at the time he may have felt the over reaction was ridiculous, as did i, and i think it's perfect to catch them in the act. When we win in Santa Clara, I'll wear a Bevell costume as i eat my crow. But, if you want to resurrect my threads, prepare for my counter debate about bad situational play calls that essentially eliminated us from divisional contention/ any hfa.

2. What's the point of a forum without ANY follow up?. If you're a random jag off spitting whatever comes to mind, stand up for your self, right or wrong a month later.

I think the biggest detriment to this site is the roller coaster ( russ is God/ russ sucks threads for example) with no staying power of opinions.

Jeez, with kearse in fact it's the biggest mystery in the world to me.

The guy sucks to like half the people here, but let me try to even count his successes....

Game winning catches in both nfccg
Tide turning catch for touchdown against Carolina in playoffs
A touchdown in super bowl 48 that iirc an announcer recalled one of the best he's ever seen.
Touchdown against Carolina iirc first game of season super bowl year... Only td that day.

Guy would be a folk hero legend in any other fanbase. But on our roller coaster he's a cast off to many.

Ok, three things. Lastly, it takes a lot of time to find old stuff. Who wants to spend it on anything other than when they were right?. Tbh so many contrarians exist here that posting can be intimidating. So a little self validation once in a while should be the least of your, or anyone's worries.

It's the one SINGULAR advantage i think that exists for webzone. Their threads stay. Whatever you said a month ago is still right there on title page. I'll take .net every day of week and twice Sunday, but hey, over there you aren't going back seventy pages to find a topic you'd like to readress.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
massari":1u0t32gc said:
Sgt. Largent":1u0t32gc said:
KiwiHawk":1u0t32gc said:

When you resurrect old threads to poke fun at them, it rubs some people the wrong way. Something to consider for next time.

gargantual

Reaction score
Yes. Absolutely. These boards are for discourse, to gauge the temperature of other fans, especially useful for long distance fans that live in the heart of "enemy territory".

There's also nothing wrong with being accountable for what you've said in the past.

Basis4day

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":bhx7d2s1 said:
massari":bhx7d2s1 said:
Sgt. Largent":bhx7d2s1 said:
KiwiHawk":bhx7d2s1 said:

When you resurrect old threads to poke fun at them, it rubs some people the wrong way. Something to consider for next time.

Unless it's cboom

Latest posts