What do you think if Percy....

Basis4day

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3u7wovm3 said:
Man, can you imagine that there will be some fan out there, if/after the Seahawks win, complaining about who got MVP?

I can easily imagine that.

HawkWow

Reaction score
There will be "a fan" out there that believes alien robots are stealing his rhubarb.

If the award is given to the worthy player, I can't imagine any Hawk fan being upset about such trivia on the heels of our first championship. I have been one of Harvin's biggest critics. IF he deserves and wins the MVP, I pledge that I will buy and wear his jersey, posting pictures in this thread.

bigcc

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1tgcyqyu said:
Who would you vote mvp.

Lynch 100 yds 2 tds
Harvin 100 yds rec 1 td, 1 ret td
Wilson 200yds 2 tds, 1 rush td

would depend on the timing/manner in which they happened

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I'd far, far rather see the Sherminator win SB MVP by destroying Peyton's storybook season with a couple picks--maybe one run back for six early in the second quarter to make it a laugher and get this team into the highest eshelon.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3v9djyua said:
Who would you vote mvp.

Lynch 100 yds 2 tds
Yes to all three if all three were to happen :mrgreen:

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think Wilson, Sherm, Harvin etc will get another shot. If not here, elsewhere. I don't have the same level of confidence regarding Lynch. I badly want the win / award for Lynch. That would just punctuate the greatest year in my life as a football fan. But I'll settle for the W, too.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
HawkWow":28n8p0hw said:
I think Wilson, Sherm, Harvin etc will get another shot. If not here, elsewhere. I don't have the same level of confidence regarding Lynch. I badly want the win / award for Lynch. That would just punctuate the greatest year in my life as a football fan. But I'll settle for the W, too.

Marino thought he'd get another shot at superb owl MVP too. We all know how that a worked out.

cover-2

Reaction score
If we win the Super Bowl then I would be okay with Havin getting the MVP, but I would rather that anyone but Harvin on the Seahawks get that award. I would rather have one of my least favorite players like OG James Carpenter or even punter Jon Ryan win it over Harvin.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Spiderdan":2kk6q2xo said:
HawkWow":2kk6q2xo said:

Marino thought he'd get another shot at superb owl MVP too. We all know how that a worked out.

So your point is Wilson stands no better chance than Lynch of seeing another SB? I'm certain odds makers would disagree...emphatically.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3i54rl47 said:
Who would you vote mvp.

Lynch 100 yds 2 tds
Whenever Wilson passes for over 200 yards we win so who cares?

Spiderdan

Reaction score
HawkWow":2wfpnw36 said:
So your point is Wilson stands no better chance than Lynch of seeing another SB? I'm certain odds makers would disagree...emphatically.

Not at all. My point is that someone getting the MVP because you think others have a better shot of playing in another one is flawed thinking. The award should go to whoever played the pivotal role in the win. Whether that be Lynch, Percy, Wilson or even Ryan.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Spiderdan":2bg12ll4 said:
HawkWow":2bg12ll4 said:

Not at all. My point is that someone getting the MVP because you think others have a better shot of playing in another one is flawed thinking. The award should go to whoever played the pivotal role in the win. Whether that be Lynch, Percy, Wilson or even Ryan.

That would hold true had I suggested I'd prefer Lynch get the MVP, whether deserved or not. I never said anything remotely resembling that. I was simply saying I hope Lynch wins the MVP and one reason, because unlike the others, it may be his last chance. Not "flawed thinking". Flawed comprehension.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkWow":2hn45n49 said:
Spiderdan":2hn45n49 said:
HawkWow":2hn45n49 said:

That would hold true had I suggested I'd prefer Lynch get the MVP, whether deserved or not. I never said anything remotely resembling that. I was simply saying I hope Lynch wins the MVP and one reason, because unlike the others, it may be his last chance. Not "flawed thinking". Flawed comprehension.
I can understand that scenerio but I don't think Lynch or this team is a one and done team they are eerily similar to the 1990's Cowboys with the RIGHT kind of ownership and GM which means by extension our coach won't be rode out of town on a rail. And after this media stupidity nobody deserves the MVP more than Marshawn. Just not convinced this will be his only shot.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Spiderdan":1x0qqn2c said:
HawkWow":1x0qqn2c said:
I badly want the win / award for Lynch.

You're right. I didn't comprehend what you were saying.

I want the best man to win it for sure bro...and believe it or not...I want the best team to win, too. At least in theory. . LOL.

I am certainly bias when it comes to Lynch and you know why. I don't believe any of this is possible without the toughness he and Pete brought to this team. Lynch is my favorite player and while Harvin is not, and likely will never be, if Harvin puts up the numbers that award him the trophy, I will be pissed if he don't get it.

This team has played as such a singular unit this entire year, that I'm unsure it matters anyway. Most MVPs get up to the podium and say..."this is actually a team award" (whether they mean it or not). Whomever gets up on that podium this year, will definitely mean it, and it will definitely be fact.

Latest posts