What do you hope to see Preseason Week 1

BASF

Reaction score
No injuries

Better implementation of our defensive scheme. Hurtt has had a long offseason to get these men on the same page. Wagner's break down of how each run fit changes with every shift of the offense was the major problem last season. Seems as though we are still planning on implementing this. I was not forgiving last season as I called for Hurtt to be let go, and if he has not improved we need to have the foresight of correcting the mistake in season. Our playoff hopes reside with the defensive improvement. I know that they won't show wrinkles of our scheme, but if they are still missing the rotation of assignments with the pre-snap movement, it will show it itself.

jeremiah

Reaction score
So hard to truly read from pre-season, but I'm stoked to get to my seat on Thursday. I suspect many starters won't get much playing time, at least in game 1. Hoping to see pass rush, and run defense.
Anyone know what network will be showing pre-season games? I am a streamer, with a long distance KCPQ connection by antenna. CBS and NBC are covered by streaming..

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Anyone know what network will be showing pre-season games? I am a streamer, with a long distance KCPQ connection by antenna. CBS and NBC are covered by streaming..
If you have access to a TV, the NFL Network is covering the first two Hawks preseason games this year.

I have no info on the last one at GB.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I want to see that on offense, we're playing as a team... with few penalties... and controlling the LOS.

On defense, the same.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
A little under the radar... but I'm excited to see how Tyreke Smith progresses this season. Hurt most of last year, I was pretty high on him at Ohio State. Would love to see him get some rotational snaps throughout the year. I hope he can become a nice pass rusher as he gains experience.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Excited to see what Drew Lock can show. It's Geno's job, but QBs get injured and we need Drew to be ready if we have to call on him.
Also hope to see...

All our ROOKIES!!
- JSN show his stuff and how his game translates to the NFL.
- A few runs and pass receptions from Charbonnet, and maybe his 3rd down blitz pickup skills.
- Lessee what Olu got, let's see that rookie G Bradford, rookie CB Witherspoon, Derick Hall, DT Cam Young, DE Mike Morris, S Jerrick Reed, RB Kenny Mac.
- Will Kenny Mac get some return reps?
- Was it Cameron Young that is being looked at for NT?
- Rookie surprises? People keep mentioning glacially slow Jake Bobo, is he actually sneaky-fast?

Our Sophomores and REDSHIRTS! Are they now ready for the big time?
- Boye Mafe to flash and show that he's the real deal.
- Cross and Lucas, is the year over year growth showing?
- Artie Burns, does he even still exist? Roster says he does.
- Dareke Young, wat he got?

Other injury-recovered redshirt "projects", who will show us something, give us an unexpected bonus?
- Jamal Smith, is he physically ready? How will he be used?
- Tyreke Smith?
- Ben Burr-Kirven, is his body ready, and can he play at the NFL level?

Positional battles!
- Evan Brown vs Olu, how does Brown look, levels above Olu?
- Evan Brown vs. other Guards, I have a hunch Olu becomes our C by midseason, would Brown be an upgrade at G over others?
- Darrell Taylor vs. Boye Mafe and rookies, who shows they're the BOSS at this point?
- Phil Haynes, G, where is he in the G rotation pecking order?

New Acquisitions!
- Devin Bush, does he look fast enough to give us something at LB?
- DreMont Jones, how does his presence affect the D?
- Julian Love, how will the Hawks use him?

Special Situations
- Bobby!! Bobby!! Hope to see a few reps, just so happy to see BWagz back in a Hawks uni!
- Jarran Reed!! Back where he belongs, in a Hawks uniform! Is he ready to step in and be the Brandon Mebane of a LOB 2.0 D?
- Easop Winston Jr., WR! Loved watching him at WSU with Gardner Minshew throwing to him in that Air Raid, is he up for NFL-level competition?
- Joey Hunt, C back for another round, is he strong enough to not get picked up and thrown at the QB by the Aaron Donalds of the NFL?

Team-Level
- Our new, reworked D, do they give us a feel we could be looking at the start of something special?

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
If I’m taking this question straight to heart, then what I would really like to see is for our second team to dominate every other teams starters and second team people! That would give me confidence that our starters are ready to dominate

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I want to see the rookies splash and bring energy while at the same time hoping to avoid a costly injury

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm looking for a lot of the younger players to get extended playing time and show what they can do. Hopefully they don't play the starters or sure lock players more than one or two series.

The first depth chart for the Seahawks has been released -

Interesting to see that Boye Mafe has surpassed Darrell Taylor on the depth chart for defense.

Holy sh!t, I didn't even know Joey Hunt was on our team. I need to pay more attention, thought the dude was long gone.

I'm going to be the unpopular opinion here, but I'll tell you what I don't want to see...

Witherspoon.

Considering his holdout, I don't want to see him at game speed until he has a little more time running in practice. It seems like early season injuries have skyrocketed since the pre season and camp practice restrictions went into effect a few years back. (no data, just perception). Let's give him some more time in pads to get stretched out and caught up, he's the 5th pick, he's just fine on the bench this week.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Holy sh!t, I didn't even know Joey Hunt was on our team. I need to pay more attention, thought the dude was long gone.
Joey “practice squad” Hunt routinely got his ass trucked and rolled over and blown up upon hike. The man stinks like ass bro

eo620

Reaction score
If I see a clean IL after the game, I'll be pleased. I'm already worried about Witherspoon; please all, just stay healthy and we'll build from there! Although necessary, these games always make me nervous over injuries from some meaningless game.

eo620

Reaction score
Would also love to see a display from Dareke Young! As an Lenoir Rhyne U neighbor I root for his success!

NoGain

Reaction score
Fewer male cheerleaders.
You're not one off those who likes to see bra busting cheerleaders dressed in sparkly and frilly barely-there outfits and f*ck me boots and cowboy hats with lips glistening rosy red shaking their tushes at you are you?

Mix

Reaction score
You're not one off those who likes to see bra busting cheerleaders dressed in sparkly and frilly barely-there outfits and f*ck me boots and cowboy hats with lips glistening rosy red shaking their tushes at you are you?
It's been a burden of mine for way to long, I can only ask for forgiveness.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I'm really interested in seeing how Drew Lock looks.
I can get behind this and support the thought… We got lucky with injuries etc last year and Geno “made it” and I support him completely… but if he is our true back up, and I understand it’s preseason game one, I’m curious to see what we truly have. The guy shit the bed early in his career but has he matured and improved? Not sure we’ll see that, but I’m curious to see him with some good run (she said maybe?).