What do you hope to see Preseason Week 1

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I would love to see JSN with a play or two that showcases what he is capable of. I would also like to see if Mafe has taken the step forward Pete said he did.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So hard to truly read from pre-season, but I'm stoked to get to my seat on Thursday. I suspect many starters won't get much playing time, at least in game 1. Hoping to see pass rush, and run defense.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm looking for a lot of the younger players to get extended playing time and show what they can do. Hopefully they don't play the starters or sure lock players more than one or two series.

The first depth chart for the Seahawks has been released -

Interesting to see that Boye Mafe has surpassed Darrell Taylor on the depth chart for defense.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
Offensive efficiency and defense forcing lots of punts. ;)

Oh, and no injuries of course.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And remember what the late Ron Fairley told us: If you score more than the other team...........you're gonna' win the game.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to seeing what Drew Lock can do. Last preseason ended up doing nothing for him since he got Covid and basically missed most of the preseason. No question that the guy has talent. He now has a year in the system and is healthy. The job is definitely Geno’s. Really interested to see if maybe Lock has a future in Seattle. The contracts given to both QBs in the offseason should tell everyone that it really could be either guys job going forward.

bileever

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing a lot of the rookies play, especially Derick Hall and Witherspoon. Curious to see Jerrick Reed, and see if he gets any snaps outside of special teams. It would be nice to see how Bush does at LB. And I would have liked to have seen Charbonnet and McIntosh, but seems unlikely that they will play on Thursday.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I'll join the "no injuries" club. Preseason is mostly about the rookies from my perspective. I just want to see if the early picks we got are superstars in the making and if the late rounders/UDFA are hidden gems.

keasley45

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to seeing what Drew Lock can do. Last preseason ended up doing nothing for him since he got Covid and basically missed most of the preseason. No question that the guy has talent. He now has a year in the system and is healthy. The job is definitely Geno’s. Really interested to see if maybe Lock has a future in Seattle. The contracts given to both QBs in the offseason should tell everyone that it really could be either guys job going forward.
This as well. Having Drew light it up and play error free ball on top of the raw athleticism he possesses would be really nice. Having your future ftanchise qb on the bench behind your current starter... priceless.

Scout

Reaction score
The backend WR battle is going to be very interesting. The top three are known at this point so I want to see which backup WR makes a play?

Great opportunity for one of the camp RBs to make an impression to stick around or even surprise the coaching staff.

Watching Olu hold down the middle will probably be fun to watch. Intrigued to also see the progress that Forsythe, Bradford, and Curhan have made.

NoGain

Reaction score
Yeah, to the no injury thing.

Otherwise, I just like to see someone surprise me, or a higher draft pick looking like they might actually live up to their billing.