What a 3rd game thread!

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Trust me the Kraken are going to become sooo big in Seattle. This site deserves to be the home of the Seahawks AND the Kraken

CactusJack

Reaction score
Understand your point but unfortunately winning face off's are the Kraken's weakest point. Probably close to last in league. But yes win a face off in their zone your chances go way up for a goal.
Hockey newbie here, why are they so bad on face off's?? What's the reason?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I'm really big on this mods. There are no seattle kraken forums. Seahawks.net can corner the market. Set up a sub section in main area for Kraken chat. If you build it they will come.
Reddit has a sub forum

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Hockey newbie here, why are they so bad on face off's?? What's the reason?
Well it is a real technique of anticipation, speed and angle. Ourcenter's are just not up to the level of the center's that are on the top teams that are in the playoffs. They will develop and get better but it is a weakness at this point.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
So we are winning the Cup then or???
HAHA hopefully but are the Hawks winning the SB?? I sure hope so on both counts. But when we get past the Stars (fingers crossed) we need to get past one of the two hardest teams in hockey, Oilers or Knights. Then we need to beat the east.

CactusJack

Reaction score
HAHA hopefully but are the Hawks winning the SB?? I sure hope so on both counts. But when we get past the Stars (fingers crossed) we need to get past one of the two hardest teams in hockey, Oilers or Knights. Then we need to beat the east.
People wanted Hakstol fired. Now he's coach of the year? What a turnaround.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Holy crap. Those boys were rested, focused and pissed off. What a barrage of goals. And BOTH times Dallas scored, meh, we'll just score again.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People wanted Hakstol fired. Now he's coach of the year? What a turnaround.
No doubt. Then again, this IS Seattle, so we know COY usually ends up in sports. Lame. No way in hell he shouldn't win the award.
They had 60 points last year.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Kraken in these playoff games -- the ones they've won, mostly -- remind me of last year's Avalanche who I thought were seriously fun to watch as they eventually won it all: quick skating, intelligent puck-passing, and multiple players who can score. They've displayed a very similar playing style that is just exhilarating to watch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I wish it was that easy. Far from over.
If I had to come up with ONE word to describe the Kraken last night: RELENTLESS

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I wish it was that easy. Far from over.
If I had to come up with ONE word to describe the Kraken last night: RELENTLESS
They've been that way all year, it's how they play.. relentless and tenacious.. they seem to have very solid lines all the way through, without a big star that dominates. Like one of the commentators mentioned.. no one knows which is the first shift..

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Funny, the biased announcers trying to come up with excuses for the Dallas goalie.. blurted out that the arena was darker and the Stars goalie couldn't track the puck.. of course, the other announcers are sitting there speechless..

Ruminator

Reaction score
Funny, the biased announcers trying to come up with excuses for the Dallas goalie.. blurted out that the arena was darker and the Stars goalie couldn't track the puck.. of course, the other announcers are sitting there speechless..
Oh of course, Kraken won only because the arena is this massive dark deep hole that affects the opponent only. Makes total sense!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
And if the opposing team scores before the penalty time expires, the penalized player is allowed to immediately re-enter the game, right?
Yes.

Following a goal, there's a center-ice faceoff with both teams at full strength.

Latest posts