Week 13 - Pick your dogs

drdiags

Reaction score
Seems folks like the cover vs outright format, so here we go with a full schedule:

FavoriteUnderdogPoint Spread (as of Tuesday)Underdog Beats the SpreadUnderdog Wins Outright
@LionsPackers6.0davidonmi,IcedHawkDrDiags
@CowboysRaiders9.5AbsolutNET,Polaris,SonicHawk,RolandDeschain,12th_Bob,HFSD1,IcedHawkchris98251
@RavensSteelers3.0No OneE.C. Laloosh,Kakaww,Polaris,RolandDeschain,12th_Bob,IcedHawk,davidonmi
@BrownsJaguars7.0Polaris,davidonmi,IcedHawkDrDiags
@PanthersTampa Bay8.0DrDiags,AbsolutNET,Seahawkfan80,RolandDeschain,davidonmi,HFSD1,IcedHawkbestfightstory
@ColtsTitans4.0No Onechris98251,davidonmi,IcedHawk
@VikingsBears1.5Seahawkfan80E.C. Laloosh,AbsolutNET,Erebus,Kakaww,Polaris,SonicHawk,RolandDeschain,HFSD1
@JetsDolphins1.5Seahawkfan80AbsolutNET,Polaris,SonicHawk,davidonmi
@EaglesCardinals3.0No OneE.C. Laloosh,Erebus,Kakaww,chris98251,SonicHawk,12th_Bob,IcedHawk
Patriots@Texans9.5No OneNo One
@BillsFalcons3.5Seahawkfan80No One
@NinersRams9.5DrDiags,AbsolutNET,Erebus,Polaris,SonicHawk,RolandDeschain,HFSD1,davidonmiE.C. Laloosh,Kakaww,chris98251,12th_Bob,IcedHawk,bestfightstory
Broncos@Chiefs4.5No OneE.C. Laloosh,IcedHawk
@ChargersBengals1.0No OneDrDiags,E.C. Laloosh,Polaris,SonicHawk,12th_Bob,HFSD1,IcedHawk
Giants@Washington1.0No OneNo One
@SeahawksSaints5.5AbsolutNET,davidonmiNo One

Using BETONLINE.ag odds from this page

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/odds

.NET handicapper# of PicksCorrect CoversMissed CoversCorrect OutrightMissed OutrightRD Factor
Polaris712221.50
SonicHawk611220.75
12th_Bob510130.00
DrDiags50221-1.25
BFS20002-2.00
seahawkfan8042200-2.00
hawksfansinceday151211-2.50
E.C. Laloosh60015-3.75
Erebus30102-4.00
chris9825140004-4.00
Kakaww40004-4.00
AbsolutNET61311-5.00
RolandDeschain51202-6.25
IcedHawk102215-8.75
davidonmi81412-8.75

Laloosh

Reaction score
All of my picks are straight up. No spreads...

Steelers, Bears, Cardinals, Rams, Chiefs, Bengals

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Cover:
Raiders
Bucs
Rams
Saints

Win outright:
Bears
Dolphins

Erebus

Reaction score
I'll take the Bears and Cards to win outright, and the Rams to cover. And speaking of the Rams, its at SF, not STL.

Polaris

Reaction score
I think the following dogs win straight up:

Steelers, Bears, Dophins, Bengals

I think the following dogs cover:

Raiders, Jags, Rams

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Erebus":2yqss7az said:
I'll take the Bears and Cards to win outright, and the Rams to cover. And speaking of the Rams, its at SF, not STL.

Thanks. I should have remembered the Thursday night beatdown anyway.

CaptBennett

Reaction score
My eye is on Tampa Bay and Carolina. Tampa is not going to make it easy. I believe it will be a great game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Tampa Bay, Bears, Phins, Falcons. (phins is Dolphins, LOL)
Thanks for doing this. It is fun.
:thirishdrinkers:

All covering. OoPs.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Outright: Bears, Dolphins, Cardinals, Bengals
Cover: Raiders, Rams

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Spread: Rams, Tampa Bay, Raiders.
Win: Steelers, Bears.

Diags, I like the new spread/win options. When you do the results after all the games, any chance you can write the # of misses and hits, not just the hits? I feel guilty even asking, with the work you do on this; but as you can see, that didn't stop me, haha. Somebody that goes 4 for 4 shouldn't be listed under someone that went 5 for 8, IMO. *cough humblebrag since I went 100% last week*

;)

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1skahiqk said:
Spread: Rams, Tampa Bay, Raiders.
Win: Steelers, Bears.

Diags, I like the new spread/win options. When you do the results after all the games, any chance you can write the # of misses and hits, not just the hits? I feel guilty even asking, with the work you do on this; but as you can see, that didn't stop me, haha. Somebody that goes 4 for 4 shouldn't be listed under someone that went 5 for 8, IMO. *cough humblebrag since I went 100% last week*

;)

Hee hee ... I hear you. Ivotuk did get some props for picking every underdog on the list ... DOOH! Just messing with you Tuk! :thirishdrinkers:

I do think there should be some type of weight added for picking an outright win vs cover, since that is most times a tougher call. Was thinking that any spread under 3 pts would not be counted for "bragging stats". Not sure about that one.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't think you need to go that far, just make it based on win percentage, IMO. Ivotuk probably disagrees, however. :lol:

TzarokHawkFan

Reaction score
All to win - Lions, Boys, Stealers, Browns, Panthers, Colts, Bears, Phins, Cards, Pats, Bills, Rams, Donkeys, Bengals, Giants, HAWKS

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Dude, Tzaro, you're supposed to pick UNDERDOGS that you think will win or beat the spread, lol.

Diags, I think you might need to lay down some rules. Maybe a max # of picks, too. Put some challenge in here. :D

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I like a lot of dogs this week but the big one I'm looking at covering the spread is the Raiders @ Dallas, RB strength vs. Dallas soft D seems like a good spot with a spread that high.

Steelers, Cards, Rams, and Bengals win outright.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2shlgx9j said:
Dude, Tzaro, you're supposed to pick UNDERDOGS that you think will win or beat the spread, lol.

Diags, I think you might need to lay down some rules. Maybe a max # of picks, too. Put some challenge in here. :D

I was thinking that if we had started with a pot at the beginning of the season, and you lost so much for each wrong pick, gained so much for each right one, folks would be more selective.

Originally when PE did this, the thinking was being able to pick longshot underdogs just to start as a discussion point. Now it is more like your weekly picks and no interaction, so I unfortunately have killed the spirit of the idea.

Since this has been evolving, I didn't want it to be some rigidly setup thing. I figured if you pointed out the worse pickers, that stigma would make folks want to choose wisely, otherwise be labelled the worse picker of the week. I am thinking of how to make wrong picks outweigh winning so the peanut butter selections aren't rewarded.

Maybe next week I will suggest a max for outright/covers with a way to reward risk while penalizing incorrect selections?

davidonmi

Reaction score
dolphins, and titans outright.
TB, GB, NO, and Jax to cover