Week 15 - Pick your dogs

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2983svy8 said:
Yeah I tried to take the Hawks and give the 7 this week and got spanked by the Doc :D

So no go KCHawkGirl.

You know, it probably isn't a bad idea to add more variation to this. I will add it next week. What do folks think of the current weighting and what would be a good fudge factor for missed/hit covers by the favorites?

Right now we punish those who miss beating the spread and rewarding those who take the underdogs straight up. Inquiring minds want to know.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":4pdphcdj said:
hawksfansinceday1":4pdphcdj said:
Yeah I tried to take the Hawks and give the 7 this week and got spanked by the Doc :D

So no go KCHawkGirl.

You know, it probably isn't a bad idea to add more variation to this. I will add it next week. What do folks think of the current weighting and what would be a good fudge factor for missed/hit covers by the favorites?

Right now we punish those who miss beating the spread and rewarding those who take the underdogs straight up. Inquiring minds want to know.
I got no issue with the system you came up with Doc. I do like the idea of being allowed to take a favorite and give points. I trust you'll add a reasonable point award for such.

Cartire

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ko4rqnhw said:
drdiags":ko4rqnhw said:
hawksfansinceday1":ko4rqnhw said:

So no go KCHawkGirl.

I got no issue with the system you came up with Doc. I do like the idea of being allowed to take a favorite and give points. I trust you'll add a reasonable point award for such.

Call me out if I'm wrong here, but aren't we picking favorites when you don't list them as your underdog victories or to bts?

I mean, if you don't think the favorite is going to win or cover, wouldn't you have listed the underdog in your pick? Seems moot to have favorite picks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Guys. The name of the thread is "pick your dogs". Nobody should be listing any team in any part of this thread that is not the underdog in the game they are playing.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Outright: Steelers, Bears, Dolphins.
Cover: Texans, Ravens.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
All cover..
Chargers
Jaguars
Texans
Skins
Jets
Lambs
Ravens

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Well we kept it controversy free for 14 weeks, so we got that going for us. Hee hee ... maybe I will put it up for a vote?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Win
Dolphins: New England is beat up and traveling. Miami has a decent defense and Wallace will burn Talib

Jaguars: Gus has these guys on a roll and they are at home.

Texans: Head coach is fired and players are worried. They will play like wild men and put Luck on his back

Vikings: They are at home and Gerhart can be a beast. Minne defense is worn down but they should do just enough

Tampa Bay: Bucs are a damn good team and SF is coming off an emotional win then traveling east. Like other teams during the season, they will lose the week after playing the Seahawks.

Titans: Decent team, good defense, Tards aren't all that, good defense but Palmer has elbow issues and Vernier will take advantage.

Rams: Tough damn team at home, they will copy Seattle's game plan and keep it close for a late win.

Ravens: Was going to pick them but Lions are at home and Nate Burleson is back baby!

Packers: Dallas defense sucks and Matt Flynn will have some magic on Monday night.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
I am going to assume ivotuk that you are picking the Ravens to win despite what your comments say. And Packers are off the board for the "Who's the man" calculation.

Cartire

Reaction score
If he anyone needs advise on future dog picks, I'm available. :mrgreen:

ivotuk

Reaction score
drdiags":25qrsvqy said:
I am going to assume ivotuk that you are picking the Ravens to win despite what your comments say. And Packers are off the board for the "Who's the man" calculation.

Thanks, just having fun and doubt I'll be the man because i choose teams that i want to win :D

rsm650

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3f0fvbvl said:
rsm650":3f0fvbvl said:
Giants win :229031_shrug:
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Damn I put everything on the line...

816764308.gif

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Nine people picking the Ravens to either cover or win:

aawolf
Cartire
KCHawkGirl
DrDiags
davidonmi
ivotuk
ClumsyLurk
Seahawkfan80
OkieHawk

Aawolf is the lead dog but a Ravens loss appears to put Scottiemojo in as "The Man" from my quick review. Also Cartire and KCHawkGirl could make some hay depending on the MNF game.

Cartire and Aawolf could end up perfect.