Weather forecast for Minneapolis.

SkolVikes

Reaction score
timmat":g4v2ou4t said:
According to the Wikipedia page for the stadium, the field surface is field turf with heating coils underneath. At least we shouldn't be talking about a frozen playing surface.

They put in the heating coils the summer before the vikings started playing there at the request of the vikings.
Also, I think it is hilarious how people make such a big deal about hand size.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
There's an arctic front moving into the region Saturday. The big thing with those fronts are the wind. A 20 mph constant wind with gusts up to 35 mph are a real possibility. If that happens, we're looking at 40-50 below F wind chills. That's definitely in the severe frostbite warning zone. In my opinion, that would be more dangerous than lightning, which the NFL suspends games for.

minormillikin

Reaction score

Would you describe your hands as
A: Tiny
B: Extra tiny
?

I'm pretty sure bigger hand size is helpful for gripping a football--particularly for a QB.

253hawk

Reaction score
This could be a historically-cold game:

(oh god why does the mobile-friendliness format always cut off images)
VQ4AYiD

SkolVikes":29xu7mwe said:

Michelle Tafoya disagrees.

B3gP1nxIgAIBPUY

SkolVikes

Reaction score
minormillikin":2x8mo5wj said:

Would you describe your hands as
A: Tiny
B: Extra tiny
?

I'm pretty sure bigger hand size is helpful for gripping a football--particularly for a QB.
Teddy's hands are 1/8th of a inch smaller than aaron Rodgers and jameis winston just to name a few.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Cold weather favors the heavier hitters. There is no team that outhits this Seattle team. We can be matched. But we won't ever wilt in that aspect of footballing.

It's not like we're the Chargers. We're entirely comfortable getting ugly in a physical game. That is our game. We use physicality to impose our will on opponents and this team's will is as strong as anyone in this league. That's how we remain consistent. It's how we continue to win despite being the hunted. It's how we never get blown out and are always in the game to the end. That's why teams almost always lose the game after they lose to us. We beat the snot out of them. That's how we prefer it.

Cold weather favors Seattle.

253hawk

Reaction score
Plus, Seattle has been playing outdoors at home for 14 years...this is Minny's first season outside of their Inflata-Dome. At worst, that pretty much cancels out any advantage.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-v...ings-p-p-playoff-game-is-going-to-be-c-c-cold

Relevant factoid:

They decided to move to the north sideline at TCF Bank Stadium before they started playing there last year, after a stadium analysis showed temperatures would be noticeably warmer in the sun on that sideline, compared to the late-afternoon shadows on the south side of the stadium. After the Panthers game last year, the Vikings said they found a 20-degree temperature difference between the sidelines.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Sounds like it will be a little chilly :shock:

So what are we calling it?

The "Cryo Bowl" ?

:D

Seanhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":3ga4a7jc said:
Plus, Seattle has been playing outdoors at home for 14 years...this is Minny's first season outside of their Inflata-Dome. At worst, that pretty much cancels out any advantage.

2nd season outdoors.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
I went to the AFC Championship game in 1982. Bengals-Chargers. AKA, The Freezer Bowl.

The air temp was -9 F. The wind chill was -59 F.

I probably should have consumed less Jim Beam.

Each team had about 300 yards of offense for the day. About 175 each passing. 7 fumbles (3 lost) between the two teams. 2 INTs.

The refs apparently were not too interested in extending the game. Only 5 penalties were called.

The Bengals OL did not wear long sleeve shirts under their jerseys.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Wilson played very well in his year at Wisconsin. Camp Randall Stadium, with the wind blowing in off the lake in November can freeze you to the seat.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":3aigyfc0 said:
I went to the AFC Championship game in 1982. Bengals-Chargers. AKA, The Freezer Bowl.

Each team had about 300 yards of offense for the day. About 175 each passing. 7 fumbles (3 lost) between the two teams. 2 INTs.

The refs apparently were not too interested in extending the game. Only 5 penalties were called.

The Beam obviously helped ... you're still alive

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":20q64cak said:
Silver Hawk":20q64cak said:

The Beam obviously helped ... you're still alive

True.....although I tested the limits that day......in my bulletproof youth

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It's too dangerous to watch football much less play it in -50 degree temps.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1g8iztc7 said:
It's too dangerous to watch football much less play it in -50 degree temps.
I'd rather be playing than watching it in those conditions. They're moving around, have the oversized jackets and heaters and heated seats on the sidelines. We can't even smuggle beam in anymore

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":12n5ghd0 said:
But I still really want to go damn it!

Have sat at a CFL game before in Canada ( Vancouver bc is were I am from ) -9f no big deal just had to move around a bit , I was wearing three tea shirts a sweatshirt thermal cloves a face cover head warmer very warm convertible boots very thick socks , very warm ski jacket ( thermal jackets are the best ) a scarf around the mouth. do not drink anything cold keep drinking hot liquids , I was drinking a beer in about 10 mins it turned to ice.

Latest posts