WE WON!

HawkerD

Reaction score
We won! We won! Ok, celebration over. If nothing else there has to be an improvement in red zone efficiency. We are near last in the NFL. That will not bode will when we play an actual NFL QB in a couple of weeks. Not sure why we are sucking so bad. I hope they figure it out.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Exittium":z53wh4t5 said:
MrThortan":z53wh4t5 said:
Game day forum was entertaining to read during the game, but extremely negative. Folks just seem to have black or white thinking and take opinions to one extreme or the other.

Russel Wilson missed an open receiver... he is over paid, he needs to get laid. Defense allows the opposing offense to sustain a drive capped with a field goal.. defense has no heart, no passions, too many people got paid. Etc etc. I don't know why people expect perfection or complete domination. It's the NFL against legitimate NFL teams. Winning isn't easy. Lesser teams upset superior teams every season.

So much gloom and doom when there is still 15-30min left in a close game. To each their own though. I will continue to roll my eyes, eat my popcorn and be entertained.
Whats so wrong with any of it? Its passion and some are more passionate than others about the sport.. People who like to make themselves feel better by making themselves out to be a better fan because they dont so that stuff arent any better or anymore of a fan. And neither does it warrant a post such as this. People act differently. Some yell, some curse, some don't do anything. I know I'm not the only one tired of posts such as this. We are all fans here. Period

Silly :1:

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3emzjbxn said:
I like how we won by having our offense put up a game sucking drive and capping it off with points then having our D finish it. The opposite of the way we lost games. Lets face it this team is not designed to blow out teams. More often than not games will be close. Finishing is the key and se seem to have found it again. Whew.

Yes well said we are a defensive club but we the qb that can drive 90 yards in al most 4 min to waste all that time to get the game winning field goal . that is the team we have and that is the team that could take us to the Superbowl again . still have a long ways to go

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That last Bennett penalty was a great play, even IF it was intentional.

Actually especially if so.

They had a bit over a minute I believe. Hitting the QB low made him gimpy for the last few throws. Which meant no rolling out or scrambling from pressure to dump it at the last second to an option that shook his cover.

15 yards did not come close to putting them in FG range. It did, make it a lot harder for them to complete throws though and to escape pressure.

I liked it.

sumos2005

Reaction score
Guys, a win is a win, who cares if it was 32-31 or 13-12. Be happy we won a close game by sustaining a 16 play drive on the road and converting 3 of 3 first down on same said drive. Enjoy this Victory...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":17f1egd4 said:
That last Bennett penalty was a great play, even IF it was intentional.

Actually especially if so.

They had a bit over a minute I believe. Hitting the QB low made him gimpy for the last few throws. Which meant no rolling out or scrambling from pressure to dump it at the last second to an option that shook his cover.

15 yards did not come close to putting them in FG range. It did, make it a lot harder for them to complete throws though and to escape pressure.

I liked it.
I think MB's intent was a sack. Hardy was hitting Russ later and a lot worse than that and no flags were thrown. It's amazing the "selective officiating" that goes on in this league. IMHO they have caught up to the NBA in that department.

If Hardy's late hits were on Brady, Rodgers, or Pey Pey, there would flags flying from 3 different directions each time.

PS. Dallas got hosed on a couple as well, so I'm not claiming it only went one way the whole game. The NFL fails to address their biggest glaring problem, inconsistent officiating.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Is it fair to say we as fans have gained some experience on what it takes to make it to the Super Bowl ( with our team). So many years we would have been greatful to be 10-6 and make the playoffs. Then it was win a playoff game. Win a couple playoff games, NFCWC, SB, repeat, etc. We have high expectations now, so what, nothing wrong with that. I for one won't be happy with a one and done playoff season. Last year we started off slow but we slowly kept getting better. This year not so much. It's hard to accept mediocre football. I'm also not a believer in rebuilding seasons. So until we hit rock bottom I am going to be pissy and highly critical.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":t4q3ct0q said:
Is it fair to say we as fans have gained some experience on what it takes to make it to the Super Bowl ( with our team). So many years we would have been greatful to be 10-6 and make the playoffs. Then it was win a playoff game. Win a couple playoff games, NFCWC, SB, repeat, etc. We have high expectations now, so what, nothing wrong with that. I for one won't be happy with a one and done playoff season. Last year we started off slow but we slowly kept getting better. This year not so much. It's hard to accept mediocre football. I'm also not a believer in rebuilding seasons. So until we hit rock bottom I am going to be pissy and highly critical.

Sure.

The problem is that those same supposed experienced fans should also have enough recollection to remember that we always play/win these types of games and it hasnt prevented Super Bowl runs in the past. We lost in week 10 last year so Im not sure about your analogy of comparing seasons....

This is how we play. We have been successful with it so far. Lets hope it continues

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
IndyHawk said:
We won this game at Dallas against a real good defense and they threw all they had at us./quote]

Dallas wasn't a real good defense. Ranked #25 DVOA going into this game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1uqx0264 said:
Yes, as I said, every team in every game makes stupid mistakes. I just watched GB blow a coverage in the secondary. Uh oh.....

I agree that the lack of perfection is frustrating, and that mistakes can cost games, but its also a reality.

Wishing for perfection and thus not enjoying wins when they come is your choice I suppose.

LOL! I saw Rodgers face a ton of pressure for the first time in, like, forever... Anyhow, he suddenly looked mortal again, and possibly less able to handle that sort of situation than, say, RUSSELL WILSON :lol: :lol: :p

DrDix

Reaction score
It was a good win, but still, when is the last time we feel like we really beat on someone? Like took their spirit and threw it in the trash kind of beat down. Week 16 @Arizona? Too long. (49ers don't count) It feels like every single play this season has been an absolute struggle and the most worrying part is week-to-week it hasn't gotten better. Seems like every game we have one good drive near the start then go 3 and out for the remainder, maybe get one more good drive the rest of the game. It's just been highly mediocre.

HawkJay

Reaction score
I can understand why fans get frustrated but there was definitely a lot of positives to be taken from last nights game.
A much improved performance from the Oline.
Our D standing up and being counted like the old LOB in the 4th quarter.
We also saw glimpses that our Offence is starting to tick. We combined the threat of Lynch with Russell getting the ball out to Graham, Locket and Baldwin. Its the first time this year ive seen us move a defence around well. Yeah, we lost the plot a bit in 3rd Quarter but on the whole its a step in the right direction.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Optimus25":p1us28vj said:
Hawkpower":p1us28vj said:
Optimus25":p1us28vj said:
If we win smartly, I'll take it any which way.

To have dumb mistakes make it way too hard just pisses me off tho man.

Sherman doing the most blatent holding I've ever seen this season, when it was hardly necessary to spring lockett anyways.

Lynch going out of bounds... Basically twice, ruled out only once.

Russ holding and holding the ball, missing Jimmy early in the route.

Russ floating a terrible dangerous throw

Twelve on the field after a time out

Bennett, both penalties.

Coming out on our second drive and the first play we target lockette. Literally what i would consider our sixth best receiver.

Third and four we throw another low percentage fade.

The mistakes are just agonizing. All of these are just deja vu, all season long.

The win kinda masks them. Hope to hell they're addressed.

Every NFL fan of every NFL team can make a list like this after every NFL win.

wishing for perfection is cool I guess. Makes watching the games and enjoying the wins, well, a lot less fun.

Yeah I'm sure rodgers will throw a terrible ball this evening nearly ruining the game like russ did... Theyre almost the same pay, right?. I mean i love Wilson, he drove us to victory, but what if that ball is one inch higher?

Stupid.

Bennett is the greatest stupid player in the history of the nfl. The one thing you cannot do is give them fifteen there. Completely unacceptable. In every single Damn way.

Oh, and tell me which team today comes out of a gd time out in defensive fg formation and has twelve people...
Cause that alone really should have virtually lost the game.

And then tell me which team today was simply and obviously just running the clock down only to have their veteran run out of bounds twice and thankfully only get ruled out once?

Cause it didn't happen today. All thirty one other teams.

Bad day to write this.

As someone else said, Rodgers faced a big pass rush and didn't look good AT ALL. Awful really. RW faces a huge pass rush every game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":biwudcwq said:
I think MB's intent was a sack. Hardy was hitting Russ later and a lot worse than that and no flags were thrown. It's amazing the "selective officiating" that goes on in this league. IMHO they have caught up to the NBA in that department.

If Hardy's late hits were on Brady, Rodgers, or Pey Pey, there would flags flying from 3 different directions each time.

I agree with the crux of what you're saying in that the officiating is so inconsistent and terrible from week to week.. but lol at the assertion that Hardy would only get flagged against those QB's you mentioned. Dude has a reputation for being both dirty and a nut job, if anything he's more likely to get flagged than other defenders.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I was happy to just see the Offense close out the game with a 5 minute drive. Finally.

Exittium

Reaction score
HawkFan72":25xuxyvt said:
I was happy to just see the Offense close out the game with a 5 minute drive. Finally.
This right here is my take away from the game.

I'm still hesitant on Defense because I honestly feel like Sherm has two jobs to do. His and Cary Williams. But aside from that.. Ill take the offense closing out anytime. Its about time.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This was definitely a trap game. At Dallas while we were already thinking about the next game against the Cards. I'm just happy we won and that we still have a shot at play offs.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Optimus25":1ekgvouo said:
If we win smartly, I'll take it any which way.

To have dumb mistakes make it way too hard just pisses me off tho man.

Sherman doing the most blatent holding I've ever seen this season, when it was hardly necessary to spring lockett anyways.

Lynch going out of bounds... Basically twice, ruled out only once.

Russ holding and holding the ball, missing Jimmy early in the route.

Russ floating a terrible dangerous throw

Twelve on the field after a time out

Bennett, both penalties.

Coming out on our second drive and the first play we target lockette. Literally what i would consider our sixth best receiver.

Third and four we throw another low percentage fade.

The mistakes are just agonizing. All of these are just deja vu, all season long.

The win kinda masks them. Hope to hell they're addressed.

I agree with all of this. To the OP, Dallas' defense is not "real good", not by any stretch.

That said, we won, so we can keep on track for the season's goals. I just hope we get this crap figured out. The refs were blatantly terrible this game, but fortunately, it benefited us once.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
DrDix":2uu4v4fp said:
It was a good win, but still, when is the last time we feel like we really beat on someone? Like took their spirit and threw it in the trash kind of beat down. Week 16 @Arizona? Too long. (49ers don't count) It feels like every single play this season has been an absolute struggle and the most worrying part is week-to-week it hasn't gotten better. Seems like every game we have one good drive near the start then go 3 and out for the remainder, maybe get one more good drive the rest of the game. It's just been highly mediocre.

How many times did we do that last year? Twice? Maybe 3? We heard this same complaint last year, that arent "blowing teams out anymore"

And yet we still........you know.

Its just not the way this team does things. And after back to back Superbowls, seems silly to complain about it.

AVL

Reaction score
Some of us like to hold on to an unrealistic view of reality based on a dream game 20 months ago. That's a tough standard to hold.