We have the best FO in the league

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marlin Man":2umx6j86 said:
Maybe we need to get to "the Show" again real soon, but at LEAST before we annoint ourselves the "next NE"

Good God man, sometimes I wonder about some of you guys, put your play stations down and get to scholl now!!!!!

M.M.

I dont wanna work, I just wanna bang on the drum all day...oops....sorry Largent...
Dont wanna go to school either. :p

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
We are about to find out what "win forever" truly means. I just get the feeling that PC/JS are on a mission and when he said they are not done yet that they meant it. People talk about the Hawks being lucky in the draft when really they just have an eye for guys that fit with what they do.

My bold prediction for 2014 is that the defense is still top 5, but that the offense is too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":tayw81sn said:
My bold prediction for 2014 is that the defense is still top 5, but that the offense is too.
Come on, bro. That's not a "bold" prediction. We were tied for 8th in scoring offense for 2013. A healthy Percy Harvin for all of 2014 alone will put us in top 5. :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
theascension":22unfs8s said:
As much as I hate the comparison.. we are the new.. New England. They lose fan favorites all the time because dollar/performance value isn't there yet they've been divisional champs, like what, every single year except 2 since Brady won their first superbowl?
The most successful teams almost always seem to build around 4-5 all time greats building schemes that work around their specific talents.
There's been so much talk about Bennett but.. we have several players on the d-line who have the capability of double digit sack years. I honestly think a less-than-last O-line is so much more important to put together than keeping Bennett/Red

We managed 7th on offense in the face of the toughest defenses around and a ranked dead last o-line. That's something to consider.
Even if losing Bennett/Red somehow (and I doubt it since we're still young) cost us 10% more yards than last year we'd still likely finish 1st overall defensively.

I think the Pats having the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins in their division has more to do with their recent success than the Pats being good.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
rideaducati":5a6addfu said:
I think the Pats having the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins in their division has more to do with their recent success than the Pats being good.
Easy argument to make in terms of them getting to the playoffs, sure. Winning games once they're there, though; not so much.

suppaball

Reaction score
captSE":ffe0r3lu said:
RolandDeschain":ffe0r3lu said:
Unless we trade DangeRuss, Dick Sherman, or Earl, I'm cool as a cucumber.

"Dick" Sherman haha. Funny. Was that Crabtree who coined that?
I posted Sherman, Dick Sherman a few months ago can't remember thread, not saying I created Dick Sherman. That's probably been said sense grade school.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":1a2icg7y said:
theascension":1a2icg7y said:
As much as I hate the comparison.. we are the new.. New England. They lose fan favorites all the time because dollar/performance value isn't there yet they've been divisional champs, like what, every single year except 2 since Brady won their first superbowl?
The most successful teams almost always seem to build around 4-5 all time greats building schemes that work around their specific talents.
There's been so much talk about Bennett but.. we have several players on the d-line who have the capability of double digit sack years. I honestly think a less-than-last O-line is so much more important to put together than keeping Bennett/Red

We managed 7th on offense in the face of the toughest defenses around and a ranked dead last o-line. That's something to consider.
Even if losing Bennett/Red somehow (and I doubt it since we're still young) cost us 10% more yards than last year we'd still likely finish 1st overall defensively.

Winning the division yes but winning in the postseason or just about any non-division game of note not so much.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
suppaball":22tgonxr said:
I posted Sherman, Dick Sherman a few months ago can't remember thread, not saying I created Dick Sherman. That's probably been said sense grade school.
I first saw it on the 49ers Webzone literally like a year ago, maybe more, for what it's worth. Not sure if a 49ers fan created it, but it seems likely. I've been using it occasionally here and elsewhere for a good while, now. I love it; particularly the fact that it's so vitriol-filled coming from 49ers fans. :D

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
It is just super-weird being in this position. Like, when people were overpaying the Ravens' FAs last year, I couldn't really understand how that might feel as a fan until now. We have to lock up some of our guys and the market, already apparently overcorrecting for last year, is going to probably throw money at Bennett and Tate and quite possibly McDonald as well. It took Red Bryant no time to get a job after clearing waivers. I'm reading other teams' blogs and they are excited about how the next FA signing will help them maybe win a Super Bowl next year, and I remember when that used to be me.

If you really want to trip out, read the blogs of teams that haven't won a Super Bowl yet when they get excited about FA activity. It seems familiar, right? But it doesn't register as a typical experience anymore at the same time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet, plenty of people out there want to freak out and act like they know more than the front office. That same front office that put together a team that won it all. smh

dutchman063

Reaction score
anyone who wins the superbowl has the best front office by default, the next few years will determine if we actually have the best front office

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And it doesn't matter what we think, it's fun to talk about, but we have no control over what they do. They will do the right thing, like they have most of the time the last 4+ years.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't disagree with any of that. At least this front office makes far more good moves than bad. And we do have some crazy depth so it's just time for it to be put to use. Remember Baltimore last year? Everybody saying their defense was gutted and would be horrible? It was gutted in a way but they already had all their answers on the roster and their defense is just fine. With the bonus of being younger and cheaper. I suspect much the same will happen for us.

chrispy

Reaction score
If it was available, John Schneider's jersey would be the 5th Seahawks jersey in the top 10.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
With Bennett's signing, I've noticed a tendency:

Player..(avg)...(guaranteed)
Lynch...(7.5)....(17)
Unger...(6.5)...(12)
Kam.....(7.0)...(17) (each year's salary guaranteed 5 days after previous year's SB)
MBen....(7.1)...(16)

Our FO is taking care of our own most valuable FA's and taking care of team business. Around 7M per and low/mid-teens guaranteed has been working. Earl, Sherm, and both Russells will likely buck this trend, but so far so good.

(Salaries rounded from these numbers at Spotrac.)