Top NTs in the league so far this season

keasley45

Reaction score
Our very own J Reed is No 2.

Remember all the talk about how we didn't address the position in the offseason? Apparently we did. And now, for good measure, we nabbed the DT from the Giants who helped put their dude in the top spot.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Very cool.

Listening to a lot of different people talk about the Leonard Williams acquisition,
This could be huge for Seattle and just think how it will benefit Jarron Reed.

toffee

Reaction score
Our very own J Reed is No 2.

Remember all the talk about how we didn't address the position in the offseason? Apparently we did. And now, for good measure, we nabbed the DT from the Giants who helped put their dude in the top spot.

On armchair gm toffee's mocks, I kept drafting Mazi Smith lol, but I also drafted Keeanu Bento. If John drafted Mazi, we would be worse off, by a lot.

renofox

Reaction score
They complement each other well. Reed has been a beast at 1-tech. In his interview, Williams was really looking forward to 3-tech, and was pretty confident of his ability play at 1-, 4i-, and 5-tech, also.

toffee

Reaction score
They complement each other well. Reed has been a beast at 1-tech. In his interview, Williams was really looking forward to 3-tech, and was pretty confident of his ability play at 1-, 4i-, and 5-tech, also.
After the initial shock of John using a 2nd and a 5th on Williams, the more I read about this trade, the comfortable I became. I think William benefited by playing next to Dexter Lawrence, now he will be more the man when he plays next to Reed.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Beginning this very weekend, it's going to be a tough second half to the 2023 season...
  • Baltimore Ravens - 6 & 2 current record, with a plus 81 points differential.
  • Washington Commanders (Redskins) - 3 & 5 current record, with a minus 57 points differential.
  • LA Rams - 3 & 5 current record, with a minus 9 point differential.
  • San Francisco 49'ers - 5 & 3 current record, with a plus 78 point differential.
  • Dallas Cowboys - 5 & 2 current record, with a plus 77 point differential.
  • San Francisco 49'ers - 5 & 3 current record, with a plus 78 point differential.
  • Philadelphia Eagles - 7 & 1 current record, with a plus 52 point differential.
Statistically speaking, those teams listed above have a combined +300 point differential. Divided by seven games, that is almost a 43 point advantage that those teams have over their rivals to date, or about 6 points per game on average.

At this point in time, the Seahawks have only a +30 point advantage over their rivals this year, which equates to about a 4.25 point advantage for all those other teams. So why am I pointing this out....?

Because it's less than a two point difference per game (1.75) points per game in fact, and that can go either way.

I especially like the Seahawks run game, which is important in bad weather during December & January, and I also like what they are doing with the D-Line. NT/DE Leonard Williams makes the game tougher on those other teams mentioned above.

toffee

Reaction score
Beginning this very weekend, it's going to be a tough second half to the 2023 season...
  • Baltimore Ravens - 6 & 2 current record, with a plus 81 points differential.
  • Washington Commanders (Redskins) - 3 & 5 current record, with a minus 57 points differential.
  • LA Rams - 3 & 5 current record, with a minus 9 point differential.
  • Dallas Cowboys - 5 & 2 current record, with a plus 77 point differential.
  • Philadelphia Eagles - 7 & 1 current record, with a plus 52 point differential.
Statistically speaking, those teams listed above have a combined +300 point differential. Divided by seven games, that is almost a 43 point advantage that those teams have over their rivals to date, or about 6 points per game on average.

At this point in time, the Seahawks have only a +30 point advantage over their rivals this year, which equates to about a 4.25 point advantage for all those other teams. So why am I pointing this out....?

Because it's less than a two point difference per game (1.75) points per game in fact, and that can go either way.

I especially like the Seahawks run game, which is important in bad weather during December & January, and I also like what they are doing with the D-Line. NT/DE Leonard Williams makes the game tougher on those other teams mentioned above.
Lots of tough matchups, but then again, we are good enough to have decent chance of winning every one of these games! Football God willing.

Mick063

Reaction score
Not much comment on this brilliant acquisition. Nope, we are much more concerned about a deep DT class next year and that 2nd round pick that we "threw away". The peanut gallery finds this Reed story uninspiring because it kills the "I'm a better GM than John Schnieder" narrative. A self-perceived player personnel mastery that is relentlessly imposed upon the rest of us.

Yep. A twenty-two-page thread about the Williams deal, repeatedly hammering us with that (Speaking like Golem) "Precious" second round pick. Meanwhile seven total responses about the staff's brilliance of bringing in Reed. The topic just isn't quite as sexy as the self-importance of sharing manufactured angst over next year's draft. Hence, the "know it all" club won't acknowledge Reed for a second. It kills their "I should be the GM" fantasy.

Last edited:

JPatera76

Reaction score
Reed played NT at Alabama. He excelled at it there, why when he got here originally we changed it up.. no clue. Glad to see him this year playing a position he’s good at and had known over the years.

LTH

Reaction score
I think people are unaware of how much LEO's presence is going to boost the Seahawks D. The Hawks are not just going to let Leo walk. They got him for a reason. It's going to elevate the whole D line not to mention the secondary. Not sure if it's going to show up vs the Ravens as much as it will when he gets going. This D line is going to cause big time trouble for opposing Offenses. It's going to be fun to watch!
LTH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Not much comment on this brilliant acquisition. Nope, we are much more concerned about a deep DT class next year and that 2nd round pick that we "threw away". The peanut gallery finds this Reed story uninspiring because it kills the "I'm a better GM than John Schnieder" narrative. A self-perceived player personnel mastery that is relentlessly imposed upon the rest of us.

Yep. A twenty-two-page thread about the Williams deal, repeatedly hammering us with that (Speaking like Golem) "Precious" second round pick. Meanwhile seven total responses about the staff's brilliance of bringing in Reed. The topic just isn't quite as sexy as the self-importance of sharing manufactured angst over next year's draft. Hence, the "know it all" club won't acknowledge Reed for a second. It kills their "I should be the GM" fantasy.
Absolutely THIS ^^^
I'm going to predict that the Aquisition of Williams is going to help put the Seahawks Defense in the top THREE in the League.
It's not just Reed, or Jones that will benefit from having Williams, the whole front 7 will be frenzy-feeding off of each other.
IF there were any 'Weak Links' in the Chain, it has now been FIXED.

Polk738

Reaction score
I'll eat my words, I didn't think Reed was big enough to play that position considering how much Poona Ford got destroyed at that position last year, but he has done amazing at that spot, can't wait to see how Wiliams fits in next to him.

Rat

Reaction score

Sycophant season is in full peak 🙄

Maybe the Williams thread hit 22 pages because it just happened a few days ago, while there hasn't been much new to say about Reed, who we signed like eight months ago.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
I'll eat my words, I didn't think Reed was big enough to play that position considering how much Poona Ford got destroyed at that position last year, but he has done amazing at that spot, can't wait to see how Wiliams fits in next to him.
Same here, the signing of Reed didn't do anything for me. When Pete said Reed's going to play NT, I was surprised and not in a good way.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Just comparing apples to oranges here, but.....

D7

Looking at those young players (highlighted above), I would say that the Hawks have a really good mixture of both veteran and young players. Another year of an NFL caliber weight lifting program for the young'uns, and this franchise has a really good upside.

I don't expect it will be hard at all for the team to re-sign Leonard Williams, not unless he has a complete A-hole for an agent. The culture is good here, we have a great head coach, and we have a winning team!

toffee

Reaction score
Just comparing apples to oranges here, but.....

View attachment 61589

Looking at those young players (highlighted above), I would say that the Hawks have a really good mixture of both veteran and young players. Another year of an NFL caliber weight lifting program for the young'uns, and this franchise has a really good upside.

I don't expect it will be hard at all for the team to re-sign Leonard Williams, not unless he has a complete A-hole for an agent. The culture is good here, we have a great head coach, and we have a winning team!
Based on this chart: The side of Taylor and Hall may be the weak link? Williams should be a major upgrade from Mario Edwards? If Frank Clark could play like Frank Clark of old, may be we swap Taylor with Clark?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Based on this chart: The side of Taylor and Hall may be the weak link? Williams should be a major upgrade from Mario Edwards? If Frank Clark could play like Frank Clark of old, may be we swap Taylor with Clark?
Maybe... I'm guessing it goes by down & distance, who is fresh or not....