We could clinch the NFC west with a win at SF?

kinesmajor

Reaction score
It takes a little help from NO, they need to beat SF, and we must win the next two. But I believe that would do it.

JonRud

Reaction score
Correct. If we beat Min & NO we are 11-1.
If SF loses this week, they could be at best 8-4 heading into that game.

So a Seahawks win potentially clinches the NFC West on Dec. 8th in this scenario.

Actually even if SF wins the next 3 [and we win the next 2] that could be a clincher for us. If we come out of that game 12-1 and they are 9-4 the division is over. We would have a 3 game lead with 3 to play and the tiebreaker of head to head sweep.

Of course this all includes a pretty safe assumption that Arizona doesn't win their final 7 games to potentially finish at 12-4 and in a tiebreak scenario but I think that's a safe assumption.

So as far as I can tell the Seahawks win the NFC West on Dec. 8th if they get to 12-1.

kidhawk

Reaction score
It will be a great day to clinch the NFC West, but it will be even better to clinch HFA then each win in the playoffs makes things better and better until we hoist the Lombardi

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
We have some tough games coming up. Giants are playing much better, and Rams D gives us heartburn, the Cards are improving and Brees & Co. will prove to be a real battle.

Polaris

Reaction score
Seattle's Magic Number to Clinch the Division is 3.5. Essentially if Seattle can get the divisional tiebreak, our magic number is 3. Otherwise it's 4. At least that's near as I can tell.

Barakas

Reaction score
kinesmajor":xfx4d0bn said:
It takes a little help from NO, they need to beat SF, and we must win the next two. But I believe that would do it.

Not quite correct. We don't need any help to clinch the NFC West if we win the next three.

Scenario:

We sit at 9-1 so if we win the next three (Vikes, Saints, @49ers) then we'll be sitting at 12-1 WITH the head-to-head tie breaker with the 49ers.

The 49ers sit at 6-3. If they win their next three games and then lose to us they will be 9-4. At 9-4 with only three games left the absolute best they can do is a record of 12-4.

If the Seahawks, who would be 12-1 after winning the next three, lost their final three games the worse they can do is 12-4 but since they hold the tie breaker against the 49ers they win the NFC West.

So, what about the Cardinals who are sitting at 5-4???? In the scenario above the Seahawks finish 12-4 with a division record of 4-2. The absolute best the Cardinals can do is win the rest of their games and finish with a season record of 12-4 BUT would only have a division record of 3-3. In this scenario the Seahawks still own the tie breaker and clinch the NFC West!!

Soooooo....we just need to take it one game at a time and win our next three games to clinch the NFC West!!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It could happen. In fact the chances are good. A lot more of this picture will be more clear after this weekend. As for the Rams, I suspect that the Hawks are going to give them a very special welcome to the Clink.