Washington is Overrated

Welshers2

Reaction score
OK my first reaction was way too emotional when I was very angry. They aren't the worst undefeated team of all time. But I don't think they can conceivably compete for a championship.

I know I'm about to get flamed for this but I've said it all season long, they just aren't that good. This team is losing to oregon by 20+. They can't hold a candle to the 1991 Don James team that won a share of the national title. I watched both teams live and in person and that team would win by 20+. I said this about the 2017 team as well that got blown out in the CFP.

Sorry guys but this team is not legit. Barely beat bad teams all year. Scored the least points against one win Arizona state of any opponent. Sucks to say but my hopes are very low.

Last edited:

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
Are they the worst undefeated team of all time?

I know I'm about to get flamed for this but I've said it all season long. This team is losing to oregon by 20+. They are frauds. They can't hold a candle to the 1991 Don James team that won a share of the national title. I watched both teams live and in person and that team would win by 20+

Sorry guys but this team is not legit. Barely beat bad teams all year. Scored the least points against one win Arizona state of any opponent.
Great teams win games in adversity. Look at the number of close games the 2013 Seahawks played in and found a way to win. Close games battle test you and prepare you as the games get bigger and bigger.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Don't take the bait. It's what he wants.
Not baiting I have been a husky fan for over 40 years. If this team goes to the playoffs we will he absolutely embarrassed. Our beat shot would be to play fsu or something

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I told everyone this about the 2017 cfp team as well. And guess what? Humiliated by Bama in the playoffs

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
4 top #20 wins and a win next week gives them 5, I would say that makes them one of the better undefeated teams.
If they get the win next week I would argue they should be #2

fenderbender123

Reaction score
How did Washington beat Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, USC, and Arizona if they aren't good?

At the same time, I feel ya...I am scared of this CCG next week. Oregon looks really tough. All my dreams are going to come crashing down.

DJrmb

Reaction score
OP is just a troll. He's not a fan like he says, that's bs. A fan doesn't gloat over telling people their team sucks... This troglodyte knuckle dragger just can't understand that that is not being a fan, so he claims fanhood for over 40 years 🤣. He's not a fan, he's a troll.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
OP is just a troll. He's not a fan like he says, that's bs. A fan doesn't gloat over telling people their team sucks... This troglodyte knuckle dragger just can't understand that that is not being a fan, so he claims fanhood for over 40 years 🤣. He's not a fan, he's a troll.
Nah the team doesn't suck I never said that. But they are incredibly overrated. I pray I'm wrong but we won't beat the ducks. I would like nothing more than to eat crow but the fact is this team won't compete with any top team. And pennix the so called Heisman candidate almost threw the game away twice today

cymatica

Reaction score
I know I'm about to get flamed for this but I've said it all season long. This team is losing to oregon by 20+. They are frauds.
Then what's that make Oregon, since UW already beat them. You honestly think undefeated FSU beats UW?

Last edited:

DJrmb

Reaction score
Nah the team doesn't suck I never said that. But they are incredibly overrated. I pray I'm wrong but we won't beat the ducks. I would like nothing more than to eat crow but the fact is this team won't compete with any top team. And pennix the so called Heisman candidate almost threw the game away twice today
This is what people like you do, you say "I would love to eat crow"... But you're coming to a message board to say how this is the worst undefeated team in history after a win... That's dishonest. You're dishonest, but whatever you need to do to make yourself feel good about your life go for it I guess... You won't fool real alumni and real fans though.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
This is what people like you do, you say "I would love to eat crow"... But you're coming to a message board to say how this is the worst undefeated team in history after a win... That's dishonest. You're dishonest, but whatever you need to do to make yourself feel good about your life go for it I guess... You won't fool real alumni and real fans though.
you guys and your fandom "you have to worship the team and be positive no matter what or you're not a fan"

That's BS. You don't get to be the gatekeeper for who a fan is. Will you come back and talk when Oregon beats us by 20?

DJrmb

Reaction score
you guys and your fandom "you have to worship the team and be positive no matter what or you're not a fan"

That's BS. You don't get to be the gatekeeper for who a fan is. Will you come back and talk when Oregon beats us by 20?
Yes, I'm not you. I can take a loss if that so happens. If they win though no doubt you'll have another excuse, and another claim about who they can't beat next, and move the goal posts again. Here's one for you though, if it's another close game, even if they lose, that proves you were wrong, even though you won't admit that.

And there you go being dishonest again... Worship? No one here has said this Husky team is the goat. That would be worship. The only thing people have said is that they deserve to compete with the top teams in the nation because they've beaten every single team they've played this year including. The only one spouting bs here is you.

I'm not the gate keeper of fandom at all, I just call em like I see em (isn't that what you claimed?)... You sir are a troll

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Here's one for you though, if it's another close game, even if they lose, that proves you were wrong, even though you won't admit that.
If it's a close game I will 100% eat crow you are correct. I will come back here and make a thread apologizing and saying I was wrong. No excuses. And I will be delighted to do so. And you're right if it's another close game and we lose, it still proves me wrong.

Maybe I'm just trying to set prepare myself for the inevitable disappointment that has happened for the last 32 years since we last won it all.

But if I'm objectively correct and Oregon blows us out, I bet you'll still call me a troll anyway. Simply for being a sports fan for my entire life and calling it how I see it.

DJrmb

Reaction score
If it's a close game I will 100% eat crow you are correct. I will come back here and make a thread apologizing and saying I was wrong. No excuses. And I will be delighted to do so. And you're right if it's another close game and we lose, it still proves me wrong.

Maybe I'm just trying to set prepare myself for the inevitable disappointment that has happened for the last 32 years since we last won it all.

But if I'm objectively correct and Oregon blows us out, I bet you'll still call me a troll anyway. Simply for being a sports fan for my entire life and calling it how I see it.
Hedging your bets is exactly apposed to being a fan... That's what your type don't understand. Doesn't mean you can't be a realistic fan and admit that your team has weaknesses. But going out of your way making public claims against the team you claim to love just so you can have something to come back and "be right about" is apposed to really being a fan. You're setting it up so either way you win, and you can gloat. That's just a narcissistic obsession with self-pleasure, and the lack of having the maturity/grit to be all in, and deal with tough things when they come.