USA Today: Michael Crabtree - torn Achillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
I tore mine in high school... it is a devastating injury, still not quite right and I lost a lot of speed after the rehab. Granted I am sure Crabtree will get the best medical care, but having gone through it... I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I will be interesting to see how heavily the 49ers rely on Jenkins and Patton to harbor the load.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2esa99qm said:
volsunghawk":2esa99qm said:
It's not out of the question for Crabtree to return this season, but that's going to be a hell of an uphill battle for him. The 49ers are going to need Boldin to be the Boldin of the '12 postseason and not the Boldin of the '12 regular season.

Boldin is not a game changer anymore. He's a possession guy.

Teams can single him up and focus coverages on Vernon Davis.

Boldin was a monster in the '12 postseason. He was averaging nearly 6 catches, 100 yards, and a TD per game. Dude kept the chains moving and won damn near every single jump ball that came his way. You can dismiss the guy, but if he can deliver that for the 49ers, it's huge.

Now, with that being said, he was most definitely NOT that in the regular season for Baltimore. He was more of a 4 catches for 60 yards kind of guy from September to December.

Which was my point.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sucks for them, let's be a bit classier than being happy for an injury to the principal divisional rival's best WR.

Karma goes around and comes around.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
blue 22":2p8ghdam said:
12thManNorth":2p8ghdam said:
If ANYBODY here thinks the majority of 49er fans wouldn't be gloating or happy if Russ Wilson or Sherman or somebody went down for the year, you're living in a dream world

Who cares what the niners or other fans do. Celebrating injuries is bush league.

Exactly, two wrongs don't make a right. That's like saying its okay to beat up on your wife because the a-hole who lives down the street beats up on his.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Shaz":36zmfih5 said:
If you root for injuries, I don't know what to say other than you're a piece of shit

I don't exactly root for injuries, but I will say I had a huge sigh of relief when RG3 came out of that Red Skins game cus honestly up until that moment, the game wasn't over.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
12thManNorth":2zlr2oik said:
If ANYBODY here thinks the majority of 49er fans wouldn't be gloating or happy if Russ Wilson or Sherman or somebody went down for the year, you're living in a dream world

Maybe Sherman because of the reputation he has built himself. But I think they would have given more sympathy to RW. Much the same as I actually felt bad for Alex Smith and what happened with him, but for CK I was just hoping the next play after he did his little flex move he would get rocked real hard.

sutz

Reaction score
Tough break, and even if he makes it back this season, he'll likely be on PUP when we play the first game against them.

Marvin49

Reaction score
drdiags":3vx3dpaa said:
I wonder if Crabtree signed a 4 yr deal or was it longer? Would suck for him to not play his contract year but being a top-12 pick(?), he may have signed for more than 4 yrs. He was one of the few from that draft that was beginning to live up to their high pick.

Tough break.

EDIT:

Found this in Sando's post

This was going to be the season when Crabtree would set his value for the long term; his contract runs through the 2014 season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/100490/michael-crabtrees-injury-and-the-west-race

Correct...

Part of the deal that came after the long holdout was an extra year at the end of the contract. It was a voidable year by Crab but he didn't meet the performance incentives to void it. IE...he has 2 more years.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Although it is an injury that makes us stronger, I wouldn't wish it on any team. I want to meet the Niners full strength (on both sides) and watch 2 incredible football games, and the emergence of the best, toughest rivalry in the NFL.

Yes, I know a lot of Niner fans would celebrate a major injury to the Hawks, but it's funny: if people here talk about how much that fanbase is filled with douchebags, then claim the Niner fans would cheer for a Wilson injury, then they go ahead and are happy that Crabtree got hurt, what makes us different than them at that point ?

I'm glad to see most of the posts here are classy. Even though he was a bit of a diva to start his career, I have respect for Crab's abilities. Going against a guy like that only makes our DBs better.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
12thManNorth":3tejbe65 said:

Yeah...but we are NOT them. We hold ourselves to a higher standard as a fanbase. I'm glad to see most of the 12th are being classy about this. Tough break 9ers. I wish him a full recovery as I am a fan of his and really wanted the Seahawks to draft him

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I liked Crabtree.

But then even though the 49ers are rivals, I respect them.

They have a great coach. They play tough physical football. They do all the the things we love football teams to do.

Yeah the coach might be a jerk, but so was Parcells. He was, however, a hell of a coach in college and is turning into a hell of a coach in the pros.

And all of that, I would rather go out there and rip the scepter from them because we beat them, our best guys vs. their best guys. It would have been great football.

I think if the 49ers were in any other division, and certainly if they were in the AFC, a lot of Seahawks fans would love them because they play the exact same kind of football we are growing to cherish (minus the silly bicep kissing). They even have the "overlooked QB that is proving them all wrong" story that we have.

Yeah I am little bit salty that the NFL gave a team that went to the SB an easier schedule that it gave us. But not enough to want to see any of their guys hurt. And Crabtree was just starting to grow up and be the WR everyone thought he could be when he was first drafted. Also, it bears mentioning that the guy got hurt trying to train and make himself better, not on some stupid offseason motorcycle accident or basketball game or....

You can't really feel good when a player is pushing himself hard, gets injured because of it and the team has to miss what they could have contributed.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
I don't think that people are excited that Crabs got hurt. But more to the fact, that Kap just lost his favorite target. And that could hurt a rival team.

We are looking at the road to the division that just got easier (still not the least bit easy). However, some posters are reflecting that excitement in the wrong way.

I could be wrong here, but I doubt many would really wish another player harm. But, the prospect of where that leaves the 49ers is exciting.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Tough break. Maybe Lockette will get a shot, he seemed like a good player that was well liked when he was here

Barthawk

Reaction score
Happypuppy":mjk1y66z said:
Tough break. Maybe Lockette will get a shot, he seemed like a good player that was well liked when he was here

He made two plays in his whole career in Seattle.. I had high hopes for him, but even though he was much more experienced in the system, he could not beat out Charly Martin or ChopChop for the last WR position.

He will have a better opportunity in SF now for sure with Manningham and Crabtree (their #1 and #2) from last year being injured and iffy for the season.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
That really sucks for Crabtree and the 49ers. Injuries are just lame, but that's a solid team and they'll figure things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.