USA Today: Michael Crabtree - torn Achillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Some interesting points about it not being season ending..possibly

"the injury, which used to be an automatic season-ender but has since become one that can sometimes be rehabbed in a matter of months -- as Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da'Quan Bowers did last year.

Both players tore the tendon in the spring and returned to the field after starting the year on the physically unable to perform list."

I laughed when I read this:

"In March, the Niners picked up receiver Anquan Boldin in a trade with the Ravens, sending Baltimore third- and fourth-round draft picks."

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Sucky, ACL injuries don't seem to be as bad as they used to be though so hopefully this guy recover.

He seemed to be turning his career around after the QB change in SF.

NYCoug

Reaction score
The offseason "arms race" or competition continues. The 49ers see the Seahawks Greg Scruggs season-ending torn ACL and raise it a Michael Crabtree, possibly season-ending torn Achilles. Look for the 49ers to have someone busted for PED's and for BJ Daniels to get a DUI later this week.

I know that Bowers and Suggs were able to come back from this and play during the same season last year, but both are defenders. It'll be interesting to see if a WR can do it.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3d0cadlh said:
It's not out of the question for Crabtree to return this season, but that's going to be a hell of an uphill battle for him. The 49ers are going to need Boldin to be the Boldin of the '12 postseason and not the Boldin of the '12 regular season.

Boldin is not a game changer anymore. He's a possession guy.

Teams can single him up and focus coverages on Vernon Davis.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ouch, I hope he can recover fully. Never like seeing anybody from any team suffer a serious injury.

GCrow

Reaction score
Yikes tough news for 9ers fans, guy absoultely blew up after Kapernick took over. Gonna be tough to replace his and Delanie Walker's production.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
damn tuff break for him and the 9ers but their still pretty good at WR if the did'nt get Patton it would hurt them alot worse.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
No doubt it is a pretty big set back for them offensively. Their WR corp was already just league average at best with Crabtree. Lots of unproven guys, and Boldin left. Not saying someone won't step up, but very unlikely they get someone to fill the void.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":n32zbpr8 said:
Somewhat amusingly, this may help Kaepernick's development in a way.

Hard to hear that...but I know what you mean.

Similar to what happened to Favre when Sterling Sharpe got hurt.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I haven't seen one post that states they wished for his injury.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wonder if Crabtree signed a 4 yr deal or was it longer? Would suck for him to not play his contract year but being a top-12 pick(?), he may have signed for more than 4 yrs. He was one of the few from that draft that was beginning to live up to their high pick.

Tough break.

EDIT:

Found this in Sando's post

This was going to be the season when Crabtree would set his value for the long term; his contract runs through the 2014 season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/100490/michael-crabtrees-injury-and-the-west-race

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
As a hawks fan this is exciting news to me. Sucks for Crabtree the person, but he's rich and will get over it. Hopefully he has a nice recovery and is back next season after the Hawks win their first super bowl.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Wow that sucks for them. Injuries are so lame. Harvin could tear his freakin Achilles tomorrow. HUGE loss for the 49ers. I think Crabtree was primed for an enormous season.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
If ANYBODY here thinks the majority of 49er fans wouldn't be gloating or happy if Russ Wilson or Sherman or somebody went down for the year, you're living in a dream world

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The whiners will miss his production... 1105 yards, 9 TDs, 13.0 yds/catch, 57 1st downs and 536 YAC.

There is no one on their roster today that can come close to matching that production.

blue 22

Reaction score
12thManNorth":2binytmb said:
If ANYBODY here thinks the majority of 49er fans wouldn't be gloating or happy if Russ Wilson or Sherman or somebody went down for the year, you're living in a dream world

Who cares what the niners or other fans do. Celebrating injuries is bush league.

Status
Not open for further replies.