USA Today: Michael Crabtree - torn Achillies

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Sarlacc83":152se5um said:
Ouch.

I can't imagine how painful that is.

Oh it hurts, but it's not the injury of that ligament that is the most excruciating. The real pain begins when you wake up in recovery right after the surgery is completed.

You know, right after they slice you open, stretch that ligament back into place and drill into the bone to re-attach it?Typically, they want you cleanly and clearly out from under anesthesia with good vitals before administering a pain killer that actually works. Once they are satisfied you are awake they'll hit your IV with a nice slug of Dilaudid. All is well until the rehab begins, when a huge, muscular Russian-looking broad starts stretching your toes toward your knees. The pain of that injury will be felt for months at minimum.

This is disappointing for Crabtree, and for me too. I wanted us to demolish them with their best wide-out on the field playing.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I sympathize with Crabtree. I don't sympathize with SF.

Injuries happen. I don't celebrate them, but I'll shrug, accept the additional edge that our team just received, and roll with it. Just like basically any fan does when a rival suffers a major injury.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks for him and the Niners.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":2v69vlk0 said:
I haven't seen one post that states they wished for his injury.
And hopefully you won't hear it here on .NET
Kaepernick will indeed have to pick up the slack though.
They're saying that Moss hasn't yet retired, and they (the 9rs) could maybe get him to return, and I agree, although he wouldn't be the 'FIX' for the 49rs problem, it could possibly slow down the bleeding somewhat.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
is manningham healthy? he and boldin should be a decent combo.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I am just looking at the WRs, and their WR corps is a mess without Crabtree.

Boldin is a capable #2, but you do not want him as your #1 at this point in his career. Maybe for his first two years back in AZ, but not at this point.

Manningham's knee is still healing from exploding last year, so he will probably not even be back until after Week Six.

Jenkins is in year #2 as a WR. Remember how lost Golden Tate still looked in year #2 as a WR? It took him three years to "get it." I don't expect much out of Jenkins.

Patton is a rookie.

Vance McDonald is a rookie.

Ricardo Lockette runs really fast, I suppose.

Kyle Williams is a guy that, as an ASU fan, I am biased against. He makes flashy plays, but he's also a boneheaded guy sometimes out on the field.

I suppose that it's the Vernon Davis show for the first two months of the season. SF's WR corps is a real mess. They had better split LMJ wide more often this year.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Nowhere did I state I was cool with cheering for injuries, I simply stated that most of their fanbase would be outright joyous in a similar instance, likely because they're secretly fearing us. Since I already felt we were the superior team when healthy, all this does now is give them an excuse when we beat them next year and masks the real reason which is that we may be in fact the better squad. If the hundreds of "Justin Smith was out" posts and articles after the 42-13 crushing isn't evidence of this, I don't know what is. For those saying who cares what other fanbases think, well I for one do. Other teams fanbases consist of many of my best friends/co-workers who we argue with back and forth all year about Hawks/Niners. That's what being a sports fan is all about. You don't wanna give them fodder, just like all this PED stuff. I'm sick of the Hawks not getting any respect for years and years and want that to end. Beating a fully healthy 49er team would be the best way to do that

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
That sucks. It's good news for Seattle's division title hopes. But empirically it just plain sucks.

Don't wish it on anyone. San Fran does have underutilized weapons to step up. Kaepernick will need to take the next step and develop into a QB that can spread it around better.

Condolences to Crabtree. Liked him as a prospect and fear him as a rival.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Terrible to see on a guy just hitting his stride. Even if he gets cleared to play this year, he probably won't be 100%.

They may need to get Moss for the deep field, Boldin takes the short possession routes, and Vernon Davis works the close and medium field.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Always hate to see a player get hurt, especially an injury that could take away a whole season of their career.

The Niners are still a good team and this will just give Jenkins a chance to prove himself. The injury hurts them pretty bad, but they still have a solid roster and a lot of talent to bounce back.

Reaction score
Hawknballs":uxvkgr7i said:
is manningham healthy? he and boldin should be a decent combo.

Nope. It'll be Jenkins, Lattimore or Patton lining up alongside Boldin to start the season.

kobebryant

Reaction score
That sucks. I hope he recovers well. Even though they're our rivals you never wish that upon anyone.

JKent82

Reaction score
Ick those are one of the worst injuries to have/think about. Hope he bounces back okay. He's been kinda snake bit, hopefully this doesn't linger.

It'll be interesting to see how SF recovers from it. I imagine they'll be just fine, they've got too much talent, but this definitely adds some pressure on Kaepernick if Boldin looks like he did pre playoffs.

jack_patera

Reaction score
reading sf forums...they obviously taking it pretty hard...what happened to manningham? thought he'd produce more...and i think they drafted pretty good wr from fla gators yes? that's a ton of production lost for the yr yes, but gotta give san fran their due..they know what they doin over there...they will reload, someone will step up...i still see them as formidable as ever...GO HAWKS

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
That is just plain crappy. I really liked the way he seemed to breakout last year, especially with Kaepernick throwing to him. We all know how this stuff can happen, it totally sucks, but it is part of the game. Staying healthy is nearly impossible to do. Bummer it was Crabtree.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Barring a miracle, I would say that you guys have the division pretty much on lock now, or it is at least yours to lose now.

Too bad this season our rivalry won't be what it was advertised now as it will be tough to compete without our #1 wideout, was really looking forward to seeing what our teams looked like against each other in week 2 at full strength.

I know the games have yet to be played, but without one of our key playmakers in a division that has become the toughest in the league, I can't honestly expect to find the Niners on top come December.

So let me be the first to say congrats. You guys better represent the NFCW right come January...and February! ;)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
jack_patera":wqnmsyv4 said:
i still see them as formidable as ever...GO HAWKS
As do I... but if Crabtree is lost for the season, that's a LOT of production to be made up by unproven WRs.

Aside from the yardage and TDs, the dude caught 57 passes for 1st downs and had 536 YAC.

The whiners will miss him quite a lot, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts