UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Natethegreat":x9v3keze said:
I just think we overpaid when you consider his cost against our cap(ability to resign our guys) our draft picks, and his bad attitude and injury history.
Stop, just stop.

The guys that made this deal know a lot more than you about the structure of this team and our cap situation.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":npp1c1yp said:
HawksFTW":npp1c1yp said:
Natethegreat":npp1c1yp said:
. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.

Sorry, but posts like this are delusional. Big if? The guy has one season with any significant amount of time missed, and if the rumors are true, he could have missed only a few games last season. The guy is not an injury risk more than anyone else on the field. Anyone that thinks otherwise is regurgitating what some other idiot said, without looking into themselves.

I find this post ironic based on:

"There’s also a substantial injury history.

In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also had ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games). He’s competitive for his size when he’s actually on the field, but he’s also been quite brittle."

Props to Rob at SDB for the research.

Seriously? If you think Harvin is an injury issue, then you must be clamoring for us to be rid of that Rice fella huh?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":1v83c3lj said:
HawksFTW":1v83c3lj said:
Natethegreat":1v83c3lj said:
. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.

Sorry, but posts like this are delusional. Big if? The guy has one season with any significant amount of time missed, and if the rumors are true, he could have missed only a few games last season. The guy is not an injury risk more than anyone else on the field. Anyone that thinks otherwise is regurgitating what some other idiot said, without looking into themselves.

In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also had ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games). He’s competitive for his size when he’s actually on the field, but he’s also been quite brittle."

Cool, he's listed as questionable but almost always plays.

Want to know who else is listed as questionable every week? The entire Patriots roster...

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":22zj5tp4 said:
Sometimes coaches overestimate their ability to turn a player around. ("Sure, he's fought with all his other head coaches and not listened to them, but I'm different, he'll listen to me...")

That's a fine generality. How about OUR coaches? In 3 full seasons have we heard of a single incident that threatened the stability of this team or the locker room? Has there been anyone we offered a sizable contract to that has caused problems? If there is no precedent for it, why worry about it?

I'm going to celebrate the hell out of this day, then cue up a bunch of Percy's highlights, followed by RW, Tate, Rice, Lynch, & Miller highlights, and get even more crazy excited and wish even more that today was Sunday, week 1 of the 2013 NFL season!!!

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":3n9hmxgk said:
HawksFTW":3n9hmxgk said:
Natethegreat":3n9hmxgk said:

Rob is so far off base here, it isn't even funny. Injury reports are a joke in the NFL. All that matters is missed games, that is it. So even with all the problems Rob wants to point out, he missed three games between 2009-2011. None in 2012 before his first significant injury. The migraines are under control, and everyone player gets nicked up and misses practice time. Anyone that considers this a problem, is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

PS - your observation wasn't ironic, and nothing Rob said disputes what I said.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Funny how some people would seem to rather have the "best value team" in the league than just the flat out best. We paid more than a #1 because he is a known quantity in the league, not a crapshoot rookie. We got a damn good player with the #1 pick at an area of need, and people complain about compensation. He will get paid and eat up some cap space, but WE GOT A DAMN GOOD PLAYER THAT COULD HELP US WIN THE SUPER BOWL. Just because it wasn't a blue light special doesn't mean it's a bad move. There's nothing wrong with paying market price now and then.

General Manager

Reaction score
Well were in this for the SB Rice and Tate were not enough in Pete and Johns opinion and i agree with them 100%. The only question is Harvins price tag. I'm not worried about any attitude issues he's on a winning team and a team on the rise he knows what it's all about. Ponder is a sinking ship so i can understand him wanting out of there.

pinksheets

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":270ufqcn said:
Funny how some people would seem to rather have the "best value team" in the league than just the flat out best. We paid more than a #1 because he is a known quantity in the league, not a crapshoot rookie. We got a damn good player with the #1 pick at an area of need, and people complain about compensation. He will get paid and eat up some cap space, but WE GOT A DAMN GOOD PLAYER THAT COULD HELP US WIN THE SUPER BOWL. Just because it wasn't a blue light special doesn't mean it's a bad move. There's nothing wrong with paying market price now and then.
But there are other wide receivers whose name begins with a P that we could have easily picked up in the later rounds of this draft.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1otw5vu6 said:
Natethegreat":1otw5vu6 said:
I just think we overpaid when you consider his cost against our cap(ability to resign our guys) our draft picks, and his bad attitude and injury history.
Stop, just stop.

The guys that made this deal know a lot more than you about the structure of this team and our cap situation.
Oops sorry man didn't realize we weren't allowed to question anything Seahawks related on a message board. Thanks for putting me in my place. I know every move that Pete and JS have ever done in their life has worked out and was absolute genius.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Lets go back in time a few weeks. Who thinks we lose to the Falcons if Harvin is in the lineup for us?

The Outfield

Reaction score
Scottemojo":8x3le3y5 said:
Lets go back in time a few weeks. Who thinks we lose to the Falcons if Harvin is in the lineup for us?

We might beat the Falcons, but I have a hard time seeing us beat the 49ers in San Fran with both Clemons and Miller out.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1xzcldmm said:
BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!

hawker84

Reaction score
love it great pick up.. he's a top reciever in this game, pay him.. let's go win some games...

Harvin gets open, so now when RW is back there scrambling he will actually have a reciever get open to throw to.. and we all know what he can do once he catches the ball... YAC baby...

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
The Outfield":2w5ajfru said:
Scottemojo":2w5ajfru said:

We might beat the Falcons, but I have a hard time seeing us beat the 49ers in San Fran with both Clemons and Miller out.
Why would Miller have been out? He came back and played vs ATL

Happypuppy

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3my33bmc said:

+1 he shoots and scores!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2zbg495s said:
Hawkfan77":2zbg495s said:
Natethegreat":2zbg495s said:
Stop, just stop.

Oops sorry man didn't realize we weren't allowed to question anything Seahawks related on a message board. Thanks for putting me in my place. I know every move that Pete and JS have ever done in their life has worked out and was absolute genius.
You're right. All of the sudden they just forgot how to run a team. You should really let them know the errors of their way and how they will destroy this team for trading for a true playmaker

sturg78

Reaction score
I have faith in people being paid to know more then me, but isn't Percy Harvin essentially golden Tate with speed? Not that two gts would be a bad thing but I didn't think wr was a need.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1npl322j said:
The Outfield":1npl322j said:
Scottemojo":1npl322j said:

Why would Miller have been out? He came back and played vs ATL

He suffered a torn plantar fascia at the beginning of the ATL game but played through it due to painkillers. I don't think he'd be playing again a week later.

Gunner

Reaction score
Just a quick hypothetical question, and please bare in mind I'm in love with this trade, I think it has the potential to be a great move, and it truly pushes us to another level.

With that being said, last season another player with known off the field issues was traded, so just want to throw this out there, would you rather have Harvin for what we have given up or Brandon Marshall for two 3rd rounders?

Status
Not open for further replies.