UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Devil

Reaction score
The potential is amazing for this offense..can't wait to watch this team next season.

[youtube]ahoidh-VmSw[/youtube]

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Called it. Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Harvin is the quintessential Pete Carroll offensive weapon/return man.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":1mscmsd2 said:
TheLargentLine":1mscmsd2 said:
Harvin has missed what, three games?

He has had some issues on the sideline, but that is because he is ultra competative. I think he will fit in very well here with a bunch of other guys that are busting their ass every single snap.

This move makes us the best in the NFC, in my opinion. It may even make niners make a trade for Revis

I have his game log missing 12 games in four years. He played 9 in 2012. Was he suspended? Otherwise, why are people suggesting he missed only 3 games?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... rcy-harvin
So before last season when he actually injured his ankle, he missed 3 games in 3 years. That's what people are talking about

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pcbball12":3s8dkg3w said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3s8dkg3w said:
If anyone's interested, here's a piece on the pro's and con's: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seahawks-t ... rcy-harvin

"Carroll and Schneider want unique players. Difference makers. Playmakers on both sides of the ball that possess rare qualities that you just don’t find every year in the draft. Harvin doesn’t just fit the bill, he’s the poster boy. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in the league. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in this draft class. That’s why he fits in Seattle.

Then there’s the other side of Percy Harvin…

His fall out with Minnesota was ugly. Very ugly."

Per Glen Peer‏@weekapaug009

"Last week NFL radio, Amani Toomer and Alex Marvez I believe were talking Harvin's football IQ, and personality...both acknowledged he had attitude issues, but were out of being upset over the play calling/game planning...it's not he's just a head case...both called him..1 of smartest WRs in the game...the flare up with Frasier vs. Seattle-they said-was over a lack of AP touches in 2nd half, not his touches"
That is really good to hear!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1palqvhm said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1palqvhm said:
If anyone's interested, here's a piece on the pro's and con's: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seahawks-t ... rcy-harvin

"Carroll and Schneider want unique players. Difference makers. Playmakers on both sides of the ball that possess rare qualities that you just don’t find every year in the draft. Harvin doesn’t just fit the bill, he’s the poster boy. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in the league. There isn’t another Percy Harvin in this draft class. That’s why he fits in Seattle.

Then there’s the other side of Percy Harvin…

His fall out with Minnesota was ugly. Very ugly."
After having read your blog I am even more convinced we gave up to much for this guy. Sounds like a major head case. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.
Please explain how it's a "big if" for Harvin being healthy?

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
If Harvin has a couple of great seasons, how long before he's holding out for even more money? The Hawks better pay him at least 12 million a season, or he'll be unhappy with his contract again as totally a "me first" player, not a team player. Unless he helps us win a Super Bowl in the next two years, I'm guessing the Hawks will regret this trade a couple of years from now. And is this guy going to listen to Russell Wilson and the coaches give him instruction? From what I hear, he doesn't listen to anybody in an authority position. I question this move by the Seahawks. Sometimes coaches overestimate their ability to turn a player around. ("Sure, he's fought with all his other head coaches and not listened to them, but I'm different, he'll listen to me...")

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1wby85n9 said:
. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.

Sorry, but posts like this are delusional. Big if? The guy has one season with any significant amount of time missed, and if the rumors are true, he could have missed only a few games last season. The guy is not an injury risk more than anyone else on the field. Anyone that thinks otherwise is regurgitating what some other idiot said, without looking into themselves.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2spbub0r said:
Natethegreat":2spbub0r said:
After having read your blog I am even more convinced we gave up to much for this guy. Sounds like a major head case. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.

It's not a big if. It's a small if. He has to pass a physical or there's no deal. He's supposedly on his way to seattle now for his physical and contract talks. We don't sign him or trade for him if he doesn't pass the physical. Future injury is ALWAYS a risk in the NFL, but I don't consider that a problem here, or you'd have to call it a problem with ALL deals

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":2l7v25lb said:
TheLargentLine":2l7v25lb said:

He has had some issues on the sideline, but that is because he is ultra competative. I think he will fit in very well here with a bunch of other guys that are busting their ass every single snap.

This move makes us the best in the NFC, in my opinion. It may even make niners make a trade for Revis

I have his game log missing 12 games in four years. He played 9 in 2012. Was he suspended? Otherwise, why are people suggesting he missed only 3 games?

10 games in 4 years, and 7 of them were last season due to an ankle injury (which rumors suggest he could have returned from, but the situation between him and Frazier was deteriorating quickly, and he landed on IR).

A Vikes fan on FG noted that the migraine issues Harvin had early in his career were eventually solved and he hasn't suffered from them in 2 years.

Harvin's size means he gets banged up a bit, but last season was the only 1 of his 4 thus far where he missed significant time with an injury.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kidhawk":3icftij6 said:
Hawkfan77":3icftij6 said:
Natethegreat":3icftij6 said:

It's not a big if. It's a small if. He has to pass a physical or there's no deal. He's supposedly on his way to seattle now for his physical and contract talks. We don't sign him or trade for him if he doesn't pass the physical. Future injury is ALWAYS a risk in the NFL, but I don't consider that a problem here, or you'd have to call it a problem with ALL deals
Exactly

General Manager

Reaction score
So WR was the priority after all, it's the right call we needed to give Wilson a legit number one reciever Harvin's only like 24 years old we have him at his best for the next 4 years at least. No knock on Tate or Rice but Harvin is a notch above them in ability.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Well, you know I read through this whole thread, nine pages so far, and only a couple of you mentioned what I'm most concerned about.

I don't give a skinny rat's a$$ how much money he gets. the FO has always been good a juggling the books.

I doubt Baldwin will be gone; I doubt Leon will be gone. Obo maybe, but he probably wouldn't make the cut this year anyway.

What I am concerned about is Harvin's "primadonna" attitude. We don't need a cancer in the locker room. Hey, didn't we let ol' Housh walk away with a buttload of money just because he was such a pain in the arse? Same possibility here. And don't give me that jazz about "competitive", RW is competitive but he shows it by preparation and discipline, not by screaming at the coach. As good as this guy is, it may go South. Juct my two cents.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I get being excited about his potential for our offense I just think we overpaid when you consider his cost against our cap(ability to resign our guys) our draft picks, and his bad attitude and injury history.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
HawksFTW":1x604zmt said:
Natethegreat":1x604zmt said:
. Not saying he doesn't make our offense better if he is healthy (big if) but man we are paying a lot for him both in picks and against the cap.

Sorry, but posts like this are delusional. Big if? The guy has one season with any significant amount of time missed, and if the rumors are true, he could have missed only a few games last season. The guy is not an injury risk more than anyone else on the field. Anyone that thinks otherwise is regurgitating what some other idiot said, without looking into themselves.

I find this post ironic based on:

"There’s also a substantial injury history.

In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also had ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games). He’s competitive for his size when he’s actually on the field, but he’s also been quite brittle."

Props to Rob at SDB for the research.

mistaowen

Reaction score
volsunghawk":rbbmmdsv said:
Thunderhawk":rbbmmdsv said:
TheLargentLine":rbbmmdsv said:

10 games in 4 years, and 7 of them were last season due to an ankle injury (which rumors suggest he could have returned from, but the situation between him and Frazier was deteriorating quickly, and he landed on IR).

A Vikes fan on FG noted that the migraine issues Harvin had early in his career were eventually solved and he hasn't suffered from them in 2 years.

Harvin's size means he gets banged up a bit, but last season was the only 1 of his 4 thus far where he missed significant time with an injury.

We all saw his injury against us too. His leg got rolled up on very awkwardly which can happen to anyone, at anytime. He still tried to play in the game but was kept out.

kidhawk

Reaction score
tdlabrie":2yqcgklz said:
Well, you know I read through this whole thread, nine pages so far, and only a couple of you mentioned what I'm most concerned about.

I don't give a skinny rat's a$$ how much money he gets. the FO has always been good a juggling the books.

I doubt Baldwin will be gone; I doubt Leon will be gone. Obo maybe, but he probably wouldn't make the cut this year anyway.

What I am concerned about is Harvin's "primadonna" attitude. We don't need a cancer in the locker room. Hey, didn't we let ol' Housh walk away with a buttload of money just because he was such a pain in the arse? Same possibility here. And don't give me that jazz about "competitive", RW is competitive but he shows it by preparation and discipline, not by screaming at the coach. As good as this guy is, it may go South. Juct my two cents.

You don't think that Pete and John spoke to Bevell at length about his "attitude" before making the deal? You don't think they know what kind of man they are getting along with the talent? Harvin is known to be very vocal, but a lot of what I have heard about his brashness was about winning, not about himself.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
tdlabrie":2joawdr3 said:

Harvin's antics have never leaked onto the field. Never. Dude plays balls out. Now, if he is douche in the locker room, that is a problem, but our team is not without leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.