UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin II,,new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJrmb

Reaction score
LOL already met with Russell Wilson, Pete siad he was waiting for Harvin in the film room

Russell was already texting him before the deal was final

DJrmb

Reaction score
Russell text him offseason plans and gave info on where they are meeting up to train. I LOVE that guy! What a player/leader to have!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2h005p8s said:
Hasselbeck":2h005p8s said:
Russell Wilson was in the film room waiting for him.

Incredible. Haha.

Stop Hating.

I bet Matt Flynn uses better smiley faces in his texts than Russell.

BAM.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Pete said Harvin lit up when they talked about special teams so "he's going to do that"

GCrow

Reaction score
NYCoug":174u03n6 said:
Damn I love John Schneider!

As a diehard fan of the Blue Jays and the Seahawks, I'm truly blessed to watch the two best GM's in all of sports work. I'd love to see a conversation between Alex Anthopoulos and John Schneider. It would be amazing!

Haha Yeah, the parallels are quite similar

NYCoug

Reaction score
GCrow":34owykou said:
NYCoug":34owykou said:
Damn I love John Schneider!

As a diehard fan of the Blue Jays and the Seahawks, I'm truly blessed to watch the two best GM's in all of sports work. I'd love to see a conversation between Alex Anthopoulos and John Schneider. It would be amazing!

Haha Yeah, the parallels are quite similar

Even the way they speak. The tireless work ethic. The relentless exploring of ALL AVENUES and ALL available players. Exploring new markets for talent. The sense of humor they both possess. They are carbon copies of one another.

Even the way they both climbed to the top at such a young age. Anthopoulos as the Sunday Mailroom Intern with the hometown Expos, Schneider as an Intern with the hometown Packers after writing countless letters to Ron Wolf. And both are without a doubt the best in their field and in my mind the 2 best in major sports.

I've gotta arrange a sitdown! haha

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I didn't think I could love our dear QB more but now I do. lol.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Hawks46":1el3jifv said:
Scary part is 10-12 million is like 4 million or so less a year than Harvin wants.

Everything I've read said that part of the trade was contingent upon getting Harvin a new contract, meaning if it's out there as a done deal, then he has that contract, or the framework of it.

Would anyone here really care if he got such a contract providing he lives up to it? I know I wouldn't. I imagine he will get a large contract with a good chunk of guaranteed money, but I also expect it to be laden with incentives. He's going to have to earn the big money if that's what he wants. They have kept to this theme with the rest of the team I don't expect that to change when it comes to signing Harvin.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
DJrmb":1fjm4s07 said:
LOL already met with Russell Wilson, Pete siad he was waiting for Harvin in the film room

What else do we expect from Wilson? The kid is A+.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Bakergirl":2qqj8dj2 said:
DJrmb":2qqj8dj2 said:

What else do we expect from Wilson? The kid is A+.

No doubt

NorCal

Reaction score
Sigh. It looks like Russell Wilson is going to be a similar situation for me that Troy Aikman was. Hated the team, but had to respect the QB, who did it the right way. I do like Wilson and his dedication to his craft. Too bad I hate the team haha

JSeahawks

Reaction score
NorCal":202yja9n said:
Sigh. It looks like Russell Wilson is going to be a similar situation for me that Troy Aikman was. Hated the team, but had to respect the QB, who did it the right way. I do like Wilson and his dedication to his craft. Too bad I hate the team haha

Don't even try to jump onto another bandwagon Raider fan!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Harvin definitely doesn't come here if RW isn't Seattle's QB. It's amazing how the fortunes of a franchise can change so suddenly. No one could have predicted this last off-season.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Harvin numbers coming. Will post full details. $67 million over six years. $14.5 million fully guaranteed. $11 million more for injury.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Harvin had one year left on his rookie deal, at $2.775 million. He instead gets $14.5 million paid out in full by end of December.

McGruff

Reaction score
About 11 million per year, low guarantee . . . but what the Hades is the injury thing?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
McGruff":mfrrtxv6 said:
About 11 million per year, low guarantee . . . but what the Hades is the injury thing?

Total guess, but my guess is they kept the guarantee'd money less to help out with salary cap reasons. But if he happens to get a career ending injury then that extra 11 million kicks in for him (which would then probably hurt our salary cap). Again, total guess from someone who doesnt have a clue how contracts work.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I think the injury thing is probably a safety net to his future that will allow him to go balls to the wall on every play knowing that if he does get injured (career ending?) that he will at least be able to take care of things. That's the way I read it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.