Update: Seahawks let Leon pick his destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One of the biggest bummers of this trade.

I guess I will be looking back at this glad it happened, enjoying what Harvin brings to the team.

But sometimes, when teams are in a rush to fill holes they forget that the value to the team is not just performance on the field but what they bring out in other players. I really hope that losing Leon is not the first in a series of dominoes that messes with our team chemistry.

The other thing is that Leon is very good. He saved us in a few games and nearly got us a few other wins besides. His ability to help shorten the field meant we were able to come back in games with little time remaining. I am not sure how you can be OK with losing that.

I would take him over a lot of the others for what he does. I am really saddened by the cut, I know he was expensive but I think he earned a lot of that.

I really hope Harvin works out because this is going to be a really expensive trade otherwise.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, guess I was wrong. Figured we'd keep Leon to keep Harvin fresh.

Godspeed Leon, you are a class act.

RezHawk

Reaction score
What a bummer. Leon saved our butts on multiple occasions and provided some of the most exciting moments in recent Seahawk history. Thanks for the memories Leon and best of luck with your next team.

drdiags

Reaction score
CANHawk":qt7nk9y6 said:
Why would MRob be going Doc? FB's often are productive well into their 30's. As long as he's still getting it done and kicking ass on special teams, I don't see a reason to let go of Mike. That and... y'know... Real Rob Report.

Just my attempt to read the tea leaves. Mike signed a nice 3 yr deal which is up after next season. I think the team is going to want to pay pennies on the dollar for the position and I think Robinson had an Obo-type deal and cap number. He could have a long career here like Mack Strong but I could also see the team going cheaper at the position soon.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Not surprised by this at all. I loved Leon, but I didn't see someone who wasn't expendable by his play on the field, either. He's done alright by Seattle and vice versa.

Edit: Necessary correction to logic.

Teqneek

Reaction score
Sweet now our 12 million dollar receiver can haphazardly return kicks.

Is Obomanu still on the roster? Or is he a FA this year, if so ill flip a lid if hes on the team this year, but we release Washington.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I guess I'm not surprised, but I don't really like it. He was a difference maker and unique talent on the field and seemed to be one of the great leaders on the team.

You know you have to second guess a roster cut if you're absolutely frightened of what the cut player could add to another good team. Niners? Pats? Giants? I don't see how his return game alone doesn't make any of those teams far more dangerous.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Teqneek":a3llnb6h said:
Sweet now our 12 million dollar receiver can haphazardly return kicks.

Is Obomanu still on the roster? Or is he a FA this year, if so ill flip a lid if hes on the team this year, but we release Washington.

He's not a 12 million dollar receiver. He's a XX million dollar multi purpose player.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Thanks for everything Leon. You are the consummate professional & will always be loved in Seattle.

themunn

Reaction score
drdiags":1d3f99jy said:
CANHawk":1d3f99jy said:
Why would MRob be going Doc? FB's often are productive well into their 30's. As long as he's still getting it done and kicking ass on special teams, I don't see a reason to let go of Mike. That and... y'know... Real Rob Report.

Just my attempt to read the tea leaves. Mike signed a nice 3 yr deal which is up after next season. I think the team is going to want to pay pennies on the dollar for the position and I think Robinson had an Obo-type deal and cap number. He could have a long career here like Mack Strong but I could also see the team going cheaper at the position soon.

No way, Robinson is here as long as Lynch is here - those two have absolutely fantastic synergy, you might be able to get a fullback who is just as good at hitting holes and blocking for less.
It'll be a lot harder to get one that works with Lynch that well.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Good luck at your next gig my brutha...

[youtube]WgrIFZqRYeM[/youtube]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawks46":jkaeek3k said:
Well, guess I was wrong. Figured we'd keep Leon to keep Harvin fresh.

Godspeed Leon, you are a class act.

I thought the same thing. Thought we would keep him around to return punts and occasionally return kicks. Since Harvin is just a kick returner, not a punt returner.

Guess he costs too much to justify it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.