Undercover cops to wear Niner's gear this Sunday

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Well, I know this is the unthinkable, but SPD may have somone, like Mercer Island - bandwagon fan, who likes the Niners or another team.

My point on my previous post, niner fans have no right calling us out. They have one of the worst stadium fans in the league. They no longer play the Raiders in the preseason because of the all our brawl a couple of years back. Just YouTube it. You're see Niners fan beating another Niners fan too!

My other point is very clear. There's a consistant theme for d-bags across the league.

I'm drunk. I'm an idiot. Oh look, a guy and his GF is wearing opposing team colors....I'm doing to be a complete a$$clown and try to humilate the guy in front of his GF.

I'm embarraased by this, and it's not just me. I see other Hawks fans looking at, "That Guy" acting like an idiot. and thinking, what an a$$hat. Friendly banter? Some good ol ribbing? Sure, expect that, but not that kind of treatment.

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2o3y2idx said:
Why can't they wear hawks gear?

Isn't that sort of entrapment? I mean you're dressing like a complete ahole toolshed who deserves what's coming to you anwyays if you show up to the clink with a gore jersey on.
You're sounding like the type they are looking for.

I sat by a guy in a Mathews jersey last week - he paid to cheer and enjoy the game. Guess if i decided to start some shit after Clays dirty play then that fan just had whats coming to him?

Congrats - ur that guy who cant be mature around other adults and ruins things for the majority.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
scutterhawk":v9zi0d1b said:
PLUS, are the Police going to do the same at the Candlestick, and everywhere else around the US.?

droop828":v9zi0d1b said:
The sure as hell will NOT be doing this at Candlestick. It's well known that if you go there wearing opposing team colors that you do so with your own well being in mind.

Yes they are. They started under cover police officers in opposing teams gear two years ago for the Giants NFC Championship game.

What is so wrong about it? You guys should be happy, this is going to remove the junk from the stadium. The reason they started it is to prevent fan on fan violence. Unless your one of the culprits, then you have no reason to worry. These are Seattle cops... most likely Seahawks fans! This isn't some conspiracy to lock you up and suck money from you.

Everything that is complained about at candlestick... is what these SPD officers are here to prevent. If you plan to break laws and rules, then expect to get the boot. That goes for visiting 49er fans as well. Good!

Lots of people on their high horses here about experiences at candlestick vs century link... when news of an unruly fan come out at century, everyone is quick to support and say get rid of the slime, not a real fan, don't want him around here, etc. But as soon as SPD makes plans to be proactive a lot of people sure get nervous.

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
droop828":gy8yl97b said:
The sure as hell will NOT be doing this at Candlestick. It's well known that if you go there wearing opposing team colors that you do so with your own well being in mind.
They do. And btw there was a ton of.go pack go chants and cheeseheads at the stick last week. It sucks that they travel that well as fans but hey...

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
seahawksflow":3cizjx97 said:
scutterhawk":3cizjx97 said:
PLUS, are the Police going to do the same at the Candlestick, and everywhere else around the US.?

droop828":3cizjx97 said:

Yes they are. They started under cover police officers in opposing teams gear two years ago for the Giants NFC Championship game.

What is so wrong about it? You guys should be happy, this is going to remove the junk from your stadium. The reason they started it is to prevent fan on fan violence. Unless your one of the culprits, then you have no reason to worry. These are Seattle cops... most likely Seahawks fans! This isn't some conspiracy to lock you up and suck money from you.

Everything you complain about at candlestick... is what these SPD officers are here to prevent. If you plan to break laws and rules, then expect to get the boot. That goes for visiting 49er fans as well.
Ill just add they wont even notice.

Enjoy the game as u normally would and you wont even realize there are undercovers.

tomahawk

Reaction score
I'm surprised at the amount of people that have an issue with this. Follow the rules and you won't have a problem.

Who says they won't have someone undercover in Hawk gear and then seat them next to some Niner fans? I have seen how some of our brother Hawk fans treat someone in an opposing jersey and it's not pretty sometimes. I say good for SPD for at least TRYING to be proactive and locate a few problem children in the crowd. Will it work - no clue, but at least now some might think about it before starting crap with others.

And for the record, I am not pro-police presence but I am anti-idiot.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This is one area where MLS excels in the face of the NFL. (As does college).

Opposing fans are only (supposed to) sit in one section. You want to go to an opposing teams' game? Good, you get to sit in a reserved section for said fans. If you want to wear other colors outside of that section, you should A) Be redirected by an usher or B) Not complain.

Seriously, I don't get how such an easy policy is so hard to implement. Even if you can't sell out an entire section, you can have an increased force in that area so that things don't get out of hand.

the ditch

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easy to spot these guys, it's not going the guy in a 49er jersey three sheets to the wind spilling his beer everywhere dropping profanity. It'll be the quiet guy in the 49ers jersey minding his own business, which, nobody even a fan from another team should get trouble for that.

I still don't understand why they don't just have police standing around in uniform, that's incentive enough for the idiots to not start something.

grizbob

Reaction score
If I was in charge and was worried about violence toward niner fans, I'd make up a story about undercover cops dressing up as niner fans...ingenious ;)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a grrrreat idea.

Action of officers deserves serious response

This past Sunday’s escapades by Bellevue off-duty police officers certainly warrants a serious look at whether they have the judgment and professionalism to carry a weapon and be trusted to enforce the law. [“3 Bellevue cops tossed from Hawks stadium for disturbance,” page one, Sept. 22.]

I would call it moronic actions but that would do a disservice to morons. Furthermore, the actions outside the stadium by a civilian would certainly result in an arrest. Yet, due to the poor judgment by a sergeant and a lieutenant of the SPD, these fools were turned loose to continue their disgusting behavior.

http://seattletimes.com/html/northwestv ... ets23.html

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
If i was going i would be trying to get my hands on a pretty convincing badge right now lol... Wear it under my jersey all obviously and run around screaming, "whos got it better than us?!" trying to high five drunk hawks fans

Actually i will say last 9er hawk game i was at all the hawks fans wrre cool. Smoked out with a few while tailgating.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
AND...we flushed out the idiots!

deserves what's coming to you anwyays if you show up to the clink with a gore jersey on
entrap local fans
(SPD) shooting to death the over zealous fan that came at them with a foam finger
being undercover in 9ers gear is simply entrapment
"authority" to face plant anyone who talks back to them
cops try to get cheap money out of law abiding citizens
silly pigs..I garantee they will instigate something
gave to our listeners was the sites of police road locks
Cops in SF gear will (potentially) provoke altercations
like speed traps is a revenue grab and or a power grab
we will see proof that one of these cops actually acts aggressively to stir up trouble, then makes an arrest

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
John_Redcorn":2pdqqsr0 said:
If i was going i would be trying to get my hands on a pretty convincing badge right now lol... Wear it under my jersey all obviously and run around screaming, "whos got it better than us?!" trying to high five drunk hawks fans.

You want to give the impression you're an undercover law enforcement officer? http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.60.045

MysterMatt

Reaction score
1. It's entrapment, almost.
2. It focuses on enforcement instead of prevention
3. I've seen as much crap behavior from 49r fans as our own. What about that?

In short, I'm all for a heightened police presence, but it would be much better if they were visible.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I got no problem with them bring there. I just think it's lame that they gotta pose as opposing fans.

I have the cell phone idea. I am going to video all interactions to protect myself from the unethical Seattle Police Department.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
TaterHawk":2zblx5vk said:
AND...we flushed out the idiots!

deserves what's coming to you anwyays if you show up to the clink with a gore jersey on
entrap local fans
(SPD) shooting to death the over zealous fan that came at them with a foam finger
being undercover in 9ers gear is simply entrapment
"authority" to face plant anyone who talks back to them
cops try to get cheap money out of law abiding citizens
silly pigs..I garantee they will instigate something
gave to our listeners was the sites of police road locks
Cops in SF gear will (potentially) provoke altercations
like speed traps is a revenue grab and or a power grab
we will see proof that one of these cops actually acts aggressively to stir up trouble, then makes an arrest

If you leave your Porsche unlocked with the keys in the ignition and the engine running in Tacoma, is it still a crime if someone steals it?

This "entrapment" talk is stupid.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
MysterMatt":z80ad7ub said:

In short, I'm all for a heightened police presence, but it would be much better if they were visible.

It is amazing how hard it is for some people to understand this. Especially for a SNF game when people have all day to liquor up, a VISIBLE presence is what will stop most acts of violence/harassment in their tracks. Why wait until somebody gets punched in the face, or worse? If the idea is to make the place safer, and not just have the NFL pat themselves on the back, there is no other way to do it short of banning alcohol from the game (which we know won't happen). I honestly believe 7/10 incidents in the stadium are fueled by alcohol, but there is too much money to be made to ever point the finger there.

CornerHawk

Reaction score
As long as they don't use this tactic to bust people for petty stuff then I don't mind it at all.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
HawksFTW":3mvfl7l3 said:
MysterMatt":3mvfl7l3 said:

It is amazing how hard it is for some people to understand this. Especially for a SNF game when people have all day to liquor up, a VISIBLE presence is what will stop most acts of violence/harassment in their tracks. Why wait until somebody gets punched in the face, or worse? If the idea is to make the place safer, and not just have the NFL pat themselves on the back, there is no other way to do it short of banning alcohol from the game (which we know won't happen). I honestly believe 7/10 incidents in the stadium are fueled by alcohol, but there is too much money to be made to ever point the finger there.
:thirishdrinkers:

A

Anonymous

Entrapment? Nope. Not according to federal law.

It is the exact same thing the Troopers do in Alaska outside of Moose hunting season. They place a mechanical Moose within shooting distance from the highway and wait and watch to see who drives by and gets out the rifle to take a shot. The conscious decision to break the law is made by the shooter, the cops just create a tasty scenario to make it really easy (for those with the tendency to do so) to break the law.

Call it keeping honest people honest and you'll be more accurate. It's like Absolut says; the act of stealing the car is the crime, making it really easy to steal is the fault of the owner. The cops are simply trying to weed out the folks who are a hare's breath from verbally/physically assaulting someone by making it very easy for that person to offend.

The hundred or so people that get to witness them haul somebody off in cuffs makes all the ladies elbow their guys and say "see what happens when you mess with people". They can keep the masses in check by letting them know stuff gets punished. Having them wear Niners stuff insures at least some displays of force will occur that can be "witnessed".

Psychological crowd control warfare. Good idea.