Undercover cops to wear Niner's gear this Sunday

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I realize it's not going to be an overwhelming number of cops doing this but I think it's pretty much garbage that seattle PD officers are going to show up to a seahawks game in niner gear just to try to bust drunks.

if you can't do your job legitimately with your uniform on and have to try to fool fans that's shady.

I realize there are some dbag fans out there who ruin it for everyone else but this whole "undercover enemy fan" bs doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

Why can't they wear hawks gear?

Isn't that sort of entrapment? I mean you're dressing like a complete ahole toolshed who deserves what's coming to you anwyays if you show up to the clink with a gore jersey on.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Hawknballs":26y5phav said:
I realize it's not going to be an overwhelming number of cops doing this but I think it's pretty much garbage that seattle PD officers are going to show up to a seahawks game in niner gear just to try to bust drunks.

if you can't do your job legitimately with your uniform on and have to try to fool fans that's shady.

I realize there are some dbag fans out there who ruin it for everyone else but this whole "undercover enemy fan" bs doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

Why can't they wear hawks gear?

Isn't that sort of entrapment? I mean you're dressing like a complete ahole toolshed who deserves what's coming to you anwyays if you show up to the clink with a gore jersey on.

It gives them incentive to goad another fan on since they hold the winning hand every time.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":oep55bre said:
The mustaches will be a dead giveaway.

Yeah, they're pretty easy to spot. If not for the mustaches, they'll be the ones (SPD) shooting to death the over zealous fan that came at them with a foam finger.

justafan

Reaction score
You only have to worry about them if you are being a jerkoff.
I have and Im sure a lot of people here have spent money going to other stadiums and it sucks dealing with people like that.Its all about having a good time.I dont have a problem with it.Its sad that it has to happen but some people suck.
If people cant control themselves the government is more than happy to step in and do it for them.

nsport

Reaction score
All in all, I still feel like this is the wrong approach. Honestly, the way to solve this is to have the usher/security/police presence be active and visible. Understanding you can't stop everything, having security be visible is the biggest deterrent there is. If that means staffing more security to help be more visible, then do that. Eventually the culture will change and you won't need as big of a presence. The reason it's "bad" is because fans feel there is no accountability for their actions due to the mob mentality and liquid courage. When a police officer or security personnel are present, I guarantee most people won't start anything.... if no one is there, the bad fan and his buddies will have a false sense of entitlement to "defend" the honor of Seattle and the Seahawks (or in reverse, an opposing team's fan and his buddies to defend their team and/or city) - which is absolutely a real feeling, but not one that is warranted or needed.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
It's one thing to be "undercover", but being undercover in 9ers gear is simply entrapment. Why wouldn't they just be there in Hawks gear and observe and protect those poor 9ers? Hmmmm? They are looking to entrap fans plane and simple. You can see it coming; some minor bantering or heckling will quickly turn into the undercover occifer goading and playing it to see how far they'll take it. Cops are too used to being the man with all the power and having the "authority" to face plant anyone who talks back to them. Walking around in 9er gear is only going to escalate those tendencies.

justafan

Reaction score
I dont see it as entrapment.If someone is wearing a niner or whowever jersey who cares.I dont pay them anymore attention than anyone else.I am sure not going to let it ruin a great day at the stadium.
If someone gets messed with by the cops they probably deserved it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
justafan":z7ejogbx said:
I dont see it as entrapment.If someone is wearing a niner or whowever jersey who cares.I dont pay them anymore attention than anyone else.I am sure not going to let it ruin a great day at the stadium.

Naive are we? Police are always right?

Dangerous thinking right here. You probably are in favor of license plate cameras and speed traps as well.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2b9o085w said:
justafan":2b9o085w said:

Dangerous thinking right here. You probably are in favor of license plate cameras and speed traps as well.

I think people like him forget that police work for us. When cops try to get cheap money out of law abiding citizens it makes you question why your tax money is going towards them in the first place.

pinksheets

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2nywtfit said:
Tech Worlds":2nywtfit said:
justafan":2nywtfit said:

I think people like him forget that police work for us. When cops try to get cheap money out of law abiding citizens it makes you question why your tax money is going towards the Niners Pro Shop in the first place.
FTFY

justafan

Reaction score
Naive?If someone gets thrown out of a football game they more than likely acted like an @@hole and probably cant handle there alcohol.Just about every person I have seen get halled out was sloppier than a soup sandwich.
They do work for us and I am glad they are there to weed out the rookie drinkers that puke all over the toilets, now if they would pistol whip the guy the eats half the stinkin garlic fries and throws the rest under my seats I would appreciate it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
justafan":2ikf04s3 said:
Naive?If someone gets thrown out of a football game they more than likely acted like an @@hole and probably cant handle there alcohol.Just about every person I have seen get halled out was sloppier than a soup sandwich.
They do work for us and I am glad they are there to weed out the rookie drinkers that puke all over the toilets, now if they would pistol whip the guy the eats half the stinkin garlic fries and throws the rest under my seats I would appreciate it.

Interesting

Uffda

Reaction score
Guessing they'll have to get extra pay to wear those tutus also.

Tical21

Reaction score
I applaud this. There are fans that go to the games exclusively to find people to fight. When they get drunk enough, they don't even need a reason. At a Rams game I heard "were you looking at me?", before a punch was thrown. Just can't have people like this in public in our city. I've been asking for them to do something about this for almost a decade now.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
They shouldn't just target the home crowd then. I've said before, the craziest fans I've seen have been "visitors". They get a group of them together, drink before the game, and find it fun to crap in someone else's home